crash upon trying to go into paint mode

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

crash upon trying to go into paint mode

Unread post by florentinenoble »

EDIT: i'm on windows 10, NIVIDIA GeForce Version 3.20.3.63 if that info would help any.
EDIT2: fixed a typo and worded things a bit better.
EDIT3: after doing the 4gb patch, it seems to be working. feel free to disregard this post. will give updates if needed/wanted.

hey, it's me again.
didn't quite know where to put this, so i figured i might as well stick it here.

okay, so, i just installed DI, and i can open it just fine, go into the creature creator and edit things, blah blah blah. but when i go to paint certain creatures (especially ones with many parts) my game will freeze and then crash. with other creatures, if they are relatively simple, when i go into paint mode it works but then when i finish choosing the colours for it and try to save, it crashes.. but only on occasion, if it isn't cluttered with parts. all i have is DI r.9 Beta 2.32, the enhanced colour wheel, Groxxy's Insane HD Graphics, and whatever "Full Cell Parts" is. don't remember where i got the last one or what exactly it does. i can try without that one and see if it does anything, i guess. i could always revert to the older version of DI i have (from 2016). i know for sure that my computer can handle the graphics updates from the mods. perhaps the game cannot?

i'v already uninstalled and reinstalled DI (with the ModAPI) once. i can do it again and see if that changes something too. doubt it will, though.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Re: crash upon trying to go into paint mode

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

I have the same problems dude, I learned to live with it, not always crashed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”