'please close spore and re-open it through the spore modAPI'

Download tools and get the latest patches.
zmech9001
Cell
Cell

'please close spore and re-open it through the spore modAPI'

Unread post by zmech9001 »

i just got a new laptop and transferred my spore data. since all of them were made using the dark injection mod, i needed to re-download it. it worked perfectly fine on my old laptop, but now every time i try and play spore using the modAPI i get this, anyone know what i can do?
Attachments
Spore error.PNG

Rochopsian
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: 'please close spore and re-open it through the spore modAPI'

Unread post by Rochopsian »

I've been having this issue as well, I don't know what the problem is.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Where did you two install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Disks? Origin?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
zmech9001
Cell
Cell

i originally had it on steam, and for quite a while too. it worked perfectly on my last laptop, but i switched to this version and now...nothing. However, i read that the steam client was unreliable in the ModAPI download, so i used the steam product key to get the game for free on origin. now it refuses to open
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zmech9001 wrote:i originally had it on steam, and for quite a while too. it worked perfectly on my last laptop, but i switched to this version and now...nothing. However, i read that the steam client was unreliable in the ModAPI download, so i used the steam product key to get the game for free on origin. now it refuses to open
Sounds like you forgot to uninstall the Steam version of Spore before installing the Origin version. Cleaning that up is going to be a...messy job...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
zmech9001
Cell
Cell

i need to completely remove ALL steam files of the game? or just have the game uninstalled? i uninstalled it but i think the files are still there as a back up
zmech9001
Cell
Cell

ok now its not even the API that's the problem, i tried uninstalling and re-installing spore and now spore refuses to download,it just says 'DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occured' when download reaches 99%
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zmech9001 wrote:i need to completely remove ALL steam files of the game? or just have the game uninstalled? i uninstalled it but i think the files are still there as a back up
Depends...what files are you referring to, which supposedly still exist as backups?
zmech9001 wrote:ok now its not even the API that's the problem, i tried uninstalling and re-installing spore and now spore refuses to download,it just says 'DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occured' when download reaches 99%
Looks like that's not a problem specific to Spore, but which can apply to some other games available through Origin as well. Fortunately for you, that means there's plenty of information around on what to do about it. I'd suggest you look around there. If you find yourself having trouble locating anything of use, I'm here, just say the word. In either case, once that's out of the way, we'll get back to getting your game set up with Dark Injection and all (assuming you even need me for that part of the job).

zmech9001
Cell
Cell

ok, it took me a while but i FINALLY got spore to work again, i reinstalled dark injection and everything was fine...until i went on my sporepedia page and found that everything i made using DI was locked because apparently the stuff i used to make it didnt exist in this. so now i really have no clue what to do
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zmech9001 wrote:ok, it took me a while but i FINALLY got spore to work again, i reinstalled dark injection and everything was fine...until i went on my sporepedia page and found that everything i made using DI was locked because apparently the stuff i used to make it didnt exist in this. so now i really have no clue what to do
If you haven't already reinstalled DI, you'll need to do so. If you already have, or if doing so doesn't help, well...Spore is very good at noticing when creations depend on parts which are missing, but unfortunately, it's not so great at noticing when those parts stop being missing.

Hmm...do you care about your galaxy/save games? If not, then I may have an idea for how we could address this problem...

zmech9001
Cell
Cell

i reinstalled DI. my save games are on my old laptop anyway, so i dont worry about them. i have a backup of all my creations made in a folder separate to any real spore files.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zmech9001 wrote:i reinstalled DI. my save games are on my old laptop anyway, so i dont worry about them. i have a backup of all my creations made in a folder separate to any real spore files.
Well actually, if the saves still exist on your old laptop, we could get them moved over...if you'd like, that is.

zmech9001
Cell
Cell

no not really, thats ok
Yura
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Yura »

Лично для моего Windows 10, спустя два дня мучений, я нашел выход. Просто установил Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 с официального сайта и все. Теперь играю с модом Dark Injection и радуюсь.
crimvale
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by crimvale »

so i have the same problem steam user and i just keep getting please close spore and reopen it through spore modapi launcher idk what it asking or what i need to do.
Lucienspore
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Lucienspore »

zmech9001 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:06 am i just got a new laptop and transferred my spore data. since all of them were made using the dark injection mod, i needed to re-download it. it worked perfectly fine on my old laptop, but now every time i try and play spore using the modAPI i get this, anyone know what i can do?
Do you have various patches required for DI and Spore ModAPI?
-LUCIENSPORE. Just some spore player :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”