Do all mods on Steam Spore work properly today? If so, how to do it ?! [09.26.2019]

Learn how to use tools, install mods and so much more. Feel free to share your knowledge as well.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Dastin
Cell
Cell

Do all mods on Steam Spore work properly today? If so, how to do it ?! [09.26.2019]

Unread post by Dastin »

B.P.S. If I wrote this in the wrong place, then just delete this post and please tell me where to write on this topic ...

I am Russian and my English is terrible, so I use a translator, do not hesitate to ask me if you do not understand, I will try to answer if I understand)
I recently decided to install mods on Spore again, since I purchased this game on Steam, I decided to install mods on it, I knew that the mods might not work on the Steam version, but decided to try it, all the more I found this wonderful installation guide mods

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1488925253

I installed everything according to the instructions (except for patch 1.6.0 on the details of robots, because I thought that it would interfere with the mods) and decided to check. I installed ModAPI, when I started it, it did not start downloading patch 1.5.1, later in the comments under the guidance I read that the Steam version does not need a patch. The game started and everything worked. The first mod that I decided to install was ForceSaver, which I installed through the Mod API and naturally it didn’t work, but it’s not so scary (although I really wanted all the mods to work) because I knew about the method make it possible to save creatures without a mod. Next, I installed several other mods: HDCreationTextures-2048x, Adventure_ExtraSize-InfiniteComplexity-100points, dvd_BuildingRotation and Adventure_Props_V4.0. Of all the mods, only Adventure_Props_V4.0 and maybe DCreationTextures-2048x worked, but I checked the version in Origin, more on that later. I did not install mods through ModAPI and also unsuccessfully. Then I decided to install patch 1.5.1, but in the Steam version the files are located differently, but I did not know what to do. Still unchanged. I started looking for answers, clues, at least something to understand if anyone is playing on Steam Spore with mods and are they working fine or is it a waste of time? I watched Rebecca's written guide (DarkEdgeTV) on installing mods, etc.

https://youtu.be/G86pRe8wx2o

There was asked a question - "Can I use Steam Spore to run mods?" And her answer was that - Yes, you can, all versions of Spore: Steam, Origin and GOG are very standard and all are good, or something like that, and when I watched her video guide on installing mods, I noticed that her game directory It’s not like Steam, Origin or GOG, it looks like a directory of a regular game downloaded from the Internet (maybe it just moved the directory to another folder, but I didn’t see what people would do) and I decided to download the game from a torrent. And when I installed everything, the mods worked! All those that did not work on Steam and Origin, and in Origin everything was exactly the same as on Steam. (I even found in the game directory a file with the word "steam" in the Origin Spore!
But I did not leave the question of whether it is possible to play Steam Spore normally with mods and that all mods work.

I am a Russian person, I don’t know your language very well, it’s much harder for me to look for answers and solutions, because in our country Community Spore is not so developed, I TIRED to look for an answer, and here I am, in the place where the best Spore experts gathered, share with me experience, which version of the game do you use to play comfortably, if it's Steam, then how do you make the mods work? Maybe you are using the disk version of the game, I have it, but it is not licensed and do the mods work with patch 1.5.001 or is patch 1.5.1 needed? :spore: :cc: :ga: :patch1.5: :di:

Spore is a game that will always be in my heart
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Do all mods on Steam Spore work properly today? If so, how to do it ?! [09.26.2019]

Unread post by rob55rod »

That guide is not accurate.

Dastin wrote:I watched Rebecca's written guide (DarkEdgeTV) on installing mods, etc.

https://youtu.be/G86pRe8wx2o

There was asked a question - "Can I use Steam Spore to run mods?" And her answer was that - Yes, you can, all versions of Spore: Steam, Origin and GOG are very standard and all are good, or something like that, and when I watched her video guide on installing mods
DarkEdgeTV's answer is incorrect. All Spore mods made after March 20th 2017 will work with the Disk, GOG, and Origin versions of Spore. Steam Spore is very unreliable for modding purposes.

Dastin wrote:I noticed that her game directory It’s not like Steam, Origin or GOG, it looks like a directory of a regular game downloaded from the Internet (maybe it just moved the directory to another folder, but I didn’t see what people would do)
At the time of creating that video, DarkEdgeTV used a mix of Disk and Origin Spore. Don't mix different versions of the game, as doing so can result in various weird problems.

Dastin wrote:and I decided to download the game from a torrent.
Don't do that. Most cracked versions of Spore are prone to problems which don't affect official versions of Spore. Also, many mods don't work properly with cracks. We won't help you if you use a cracked version of Spore, either, either.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Dastin
Cell
Cell

Re: Do all mods on Steam Spore work properly today? If so, how to do it ?! [09.26.2019]

Unread post by Dastin »

[/quote]Don't do that. Most cracked versions of Spore are prone to problems which don't affect official versions of Spore. Also, many mods don't work properly with cracks. We won't help you if you use a cracked version of Spore, either, either.[/quote]

Well, I have an Origin version of the game that I acquired by entering the key to the Steam version of the game. Is this version suitable for modding? I already tried to install mods on it, everything is exactly the same as with the Steam version. Can I get a game in GOG?

P.S. I haven't figured out the answer and quote system yet
Dastin
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dastin »

rob55rod wrote:Don't do that. Most cracked versions of Spore are prone to problems which don't affect official versions of Spore. Also, many mods don't work properly with cracks. We won't help you if you use a cracked version of Spore, either, either.
Well, I have an Origin version of the game that I acquired by entering the key to the Steam version of the game. Is this version suitable for modding? I already tried to install mods on it, everything is exactly the same as with the Steam version. Can I get a game in GOG?
Dastin
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dastin »

Maybe the whole problem is that I can not install patch 1.5.001 or 1.5.1? It doesn’t work through the installer, he just writes to me the same as everyone "To update the Spore program, you need to install" Spore "" I tried to just insert the replacement folders from the downloaded unpacked patch and also nothing. And then I found a department on Sporepedia2 with patches, there were all patches, these were some special patches, they were croaked and, according to the author, worked without errors, perfectly! I already clicked on the link and “fart” “This link was deleted due to copyright infringement” I was close and I don’t know where to get a good patch and, more importantly, how to install it correctly ... And it’s not yet known whether Origin Spore work with this patch correctly

And yet, I recently found out that some mods may not work because of the priority, which can be changed if you add any symbol at the beginning of the file name that will place this mod at the top or in a certain place. This has significant changes if I swap certain mods for places, maybe you have a list of mods priority?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dastin wrote:Maybe the whole problem is that I can not install patch 1.5.001 or 1.5.1? It doesn’t work through the installer, he just writes to me the same as everyone "To update the Spore program, you need to install" Spore "
That's because you already have a newer Patch, which includes Patch 1.5.1
Dastin wrote:And yet, I recently found out that some mods may not work because of the priority, which can be changed if you add any symbol at the beginning of the file name that will place this mod at the top or in a certain place. This has significant changes if I swap certain mods for places, maybe you have a list of mods priority?
It's not that simple. I would strongly recommend not messing with the priority order.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Dastin
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dastin »

rob55rod wrote:That's because you already have a newer Patch, which includes Patch 1.5.1
If I already have this patch installed, why don't the mods work? I heard about some kind of update of 2017, due to which most mods did not work, and after that some kind of update for the Origin version, which made it as terrible as the Steam version.
Dastin wrote:I tried to just insert the replacement folders from the downloaded unpacked patch and also nothing. And then I found a department on Sporepedia2 with patches, there were all patches, these were some special patches, they were croaked and, according to the author, worked without errors, perfectly! I already clicked on the link and “fart” “This link was deleted due to copyright infringement” I was close and I don’t know where to get a good patch and, more importantly, how to install it correctly ... And it’s not yet known whether Origin Spore work with this patch correctly
What about this message? Maybe somewhere you have these patches from Sporopedia2 or something similar or they also will not be installed due to the fact that there is already a newest patch?

Maybe you don’t really understand what I mean? Because I'm used to writing in the style of my language, and the translator can’t correctly translate it into your language
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dastin wrote:
rob55rod wrote:That's because you already have a newer Patch, which includes Patch 1.5.1
If I already have this patch installed, why don't the mods work? I heard about some kind of update of 2017, due to which most mods did not work, and after that some kind of update for the Origin version, which made it as terrible as the Steam version.
That's partially true. The update did break some mods on Origin Spore, but many have been fixed since then. Steam Spore is still inferior for modding purposes.

Dastin wrote:What about this message? Maybe somewhere you have these patches from Sporopedia2 or something similar or they also will not be installed due to the fact that there is already a newest patch?
That's correct, all relevant prior patches are included in the March 2017 Patch.

Dastin
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dastin »

rob55rod wrote:That's correct, all relevant prior patches are included in the March 2017 Patch.
But what do I need to do to make the mods work on the Origin Spore, if the patches do not work? Can I somehow download an older version of the game in Origin? Well, at least sometimes you go into your game to make / check mods or at least just play, do you have Origin Spore? What mods do not work for you, maybe there are some patches for mods? I can seem annoying because I ask too much, I just feel like I'm missing something, I don’t know much about this game and mods, as if I’m walking around and around, and the solution is in my face and you may know this solution that’s why I am turning to you and to someone who also knows the solution. You don’t have to help me, I understand that you have been on this forum for a long time and helped so many people and could already get tired of it, especially since you may have some then things in our personal lives, we are all just people, and each of us has his own affairs and concerns, okay, something I already started to philosophize. If it’s not difficult for you, explain to me how to make the mods work on Origin Spore or give a link to some kind of guide or person who knows how to do it
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dastin wrote:
rob55rod wrote:That's correct, all relevant prior patches are included in the March 2017 Patch.
But what do I need to do to make the mods work on the Origin Spore, if the patches do not work? Can I somehow download an older version of the game in Origin? Well, at least sometimes you go into your game to make / check mods or at least just play, do you have Origin Spore? What mods do not work for you, maybe there are some patches for mods? I can seem annoying because I ask too much, I just feel like I'm missing something, I don’t know much about this game and mods, as if I’m walking around and around, and the solution is in my face and you may know this solution that’s why I am turning to you and to someone who also knows the solution. You don’t have to help me, I understand that you have been on this forum for a long time and helped so many people and could already get tired of it, especially since you may have some then things in our personal lives, we are all just people, and each of us has his own affairs and concerns, okay, something I already started to philosophize. If it’s not difficult for you, explain to me how to make the mods work on Origin Spore or give a link to some kind of guide or person who knows how to do it
If you want an older version of the game, you'll have to purchase the retail disk version, if you don't already have it.

Dastin
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dastin »

rob55rod wrote:If you want an older version of the game, you'll have to purchase the retail disk version, if you don't already have it.
This means that you can’t play with mods in Origin Spore, the only way is to buy a game disc where its version is 1.5.1?

P.S. Forgive me for the nonsense that I wrote in the last comment, I got carried away and forgot that our languages ​​are arranged differently and the translator cannot handle it
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dastin wrote:
rob55rod wrote:If you want an older version of the game, you'll have to purchase the retail disk version, if you don't already have it.
This means that you can’t play with mods in Origin Spore, the only way is to buy a game disc where its version is 1.5.1?
That's not quite right. Many mods made before March 20th 2017 don't work correctly unless you have the disk version of the game. Any mods made or updated after March 20th 2017 will work with Origin Spore and GOG Spore as well as disk Spore.
Dastin wrote:P.S. Forgive me for the nonsense that I wrote in the last comment, I got carried away and forgot that our languages ​​are arranged differently and the translator cannot handle it
I understand. I've been trying to phrase my sentences here as clearly and simply as I can, in the hopes of avoiding translation errors. I guess it isn't working as well as I'd hoped.

Dastin
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dastin »

rob55rod wrote:I understand. I've been trying to phrase my sentences here as clearly and simply as I can, in the hopes of avoiding translation errors. I guess it isn't working as well as I'd hoped.
I perfectly understand what you write, just your answers for me are not always exhaustive. Therefore, I thought that you answer mainly one question due to the fact that you do not always understand what I wrote

Thanks for the answer. Something else, I remember how ModAPI asked me what my Spore was when I installed it on Origin Spore and when I selected "Origin" it wrote that some files needed to be downloaded, it seemed to me that it was patch 1.5.1, but from because Origin Spore has the latest patch, this patch is not installed, and it's a little sad
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dastin wrote:Thanks for the answer. Something else, I remember how ModAPI asked me what my Spore was when I installed it on Origin Spore and when I selected "Origin" it wrote that some files needed to be downloaded, it seemed to me that it was patch 1.5.1, but from because Origin Spore has the latest patch, this patch is not installed, and it's a little sad
No, the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit doesn't download Patch 1.5.1 . The files it downloads for Origin users have nothing to do with any patch.

Dastin
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dastin »

rob55rod wrote:Don't do that. Most cracked versions of Spore are prone to problems which don't affect official versions of Spore. Also, many mods don't work properly with cracks. We won't help you if you use a cracked version of Spore, either, either.
Thank you so much, thanks to your answers, I installed all the mods I need on Origin Spore, as well as improved graphics and it all works! Moreover, I finally, for the first time in my life, was able to register the game and now I can watch and use the work of other players, as well as upload my own. I am very glad that all of you gave us all these mods, knowledge and instructions for this wonderful game. :mrgreen: I hope Davo someday sees what the game has become thanks to a community around the world.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tutorials”