[VERSION 2.0] Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - 2-6x the normal amount of props in ONE adventure!

Various editor modifications are found here.
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

[VERSION 2.0] Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - 2-6x the normal amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread post by Liskomato »

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://github.com/Tenderi4/Adventure-S ... r/releases

This mod does one simple thing: Expand the amount of slots available per page in the Adventure Editor. There are three different versions available: Standard, Pro and Extreme. Standard version has 20 slots available per page, Pro version has 40 slots, and Extreme has 60 slots. However, the max page limit is still at 6 pages per category, but the max amount of 6x60=360 slots per category should be more than enough for most creators to ever need, and the slot stacker glitch can be used to bypass the page limit anyway.

HISTORY
An issue most adventure creators might have faced at least once in their lifetime (in addition of complexity, normal or extended) is how the game limits you to 6 pages of 10 slots per creation type in the Adventure Editor. To smaller adventures this is no problem, but when doing massive, open-world adventures like Mundus, Motel of Melora, or the recent Those Who Remain from June this year, slots for things like buildings or creatures become quickly filled with things like NPCs, monsters or just simple gums that rely on creature AI to trigger specific things.

Last year, however, Error/Metalblaze (one of the moderators in the Galactic Adventure Central discord server) did an astounding discovery regarding adventure slots: If you first opened a new adventure planet, then went to its terraforming editor and from there opened Sporepedia and edited an unrelated adventure, that latter adventure's asset slots would be wiped, but the creations themselves would still remain within the adventure itself.

This was an astounding discovery, because slots were something that people just couldn't find a way around to add more creations within their adventures for nearly a decade. Nevertheless, Error went on to use this glitch in many of his later adventures and shared it to the major Spore discord servers as well. You could now have an theoretically infinite amount of different creations within the adventure, and the only limits now would be the complexity meter and the game engine itself, being 32-bit as it is.

Here is an example of what Error/Metalblaze's open-world Those Who Remain adventure looks like with the Standard version of the mod. As you can see, he would've nearly filled these 6 new and expanded pages of buildings entirely, and he could've also used the slot stacker glitch as well to basically double the amount of building props within his adventure, for example. Yes, the slot stacker glitch should also be fully compatible with this mod, as the only thing it does is just double the amount of viewable props per page, which has been hard-coded to just six pages in total (per category).

PATCH NOTES
The first version of the mod. Doubled the normal amount of slots per editor page from 10 to 20.

The current version of the mod. The mod now has three different versions available, which necessitates the conversion into .sporemod format and thus requiring the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to install. Link to the ModAPI can be found here: http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... PI/Public/

SPECIAL THANKS
To Psi, who helped to let me know this kind of mod was possible, and also letting me know which pages to look at.

To ERROR!/Metalblaze, for discovering there was the possibility to add much more creations than just the 60 per category with his Slot Stacker glitch discovery.

And the people at the CRASH, GAC, Spore Modding Community and DarkEdgeTV discord servers, without whom this mod wouldn't have been possible. Thank you, to all of you! You really deserve the extension this mod gives to your slot capacity within the adventure editor!
Last edited by Liskomato on Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

ERROR!
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - DOUBLE the amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread post by ERROR! »

Oh shoot! This is incredible! I'm definitely gonna need this mod lol.
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - DOUBLE the amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

I can definitely see this mod being useful to people whole like creating complex adventures. As I improve as a creator, I find some of my adventures becoming more and more complex too, and so I will definitely keep this mod handy for when I may need it in the future. :)
Sharples65
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sharples65 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR8gq_df6Ys[/youtube]

Thanks for this :mrgreen:
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

Wow this is amazing!! :D Thank you!!
Serious Question: Is it possible to create a mod that lets us remove the limit of 8 acts per adventure?
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Liskomato »

Not sure, as it could've been hardcoded into the game itself. But, in theory it might be possible, if we were to remove the interface limitations related to it. As a matter of fact, we would need someone with enough expertise in Spore's modding tools for it to be even feasible, as we would have to mess with the related UI files themselves to forcefully "cram" more acts into it. And there's the fact of sharability, and if these extra-long adventures will even share to the Sporepedia. And even if they do, can players play them without the relevant mod? If these questions can be answered with yes, it would be amazing to every adventure creator in existence. That would also be our last limitation to crack, as the complexity, creation slot and crashing problems have all mostly been fixed already with mods and glitches available today.
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

If it were possible create a mod like this, it would be amazing...
DeltaShip
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DeltaShip »

Fantastic! This mod is great for world building!
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Re: [VERSION 2.0] Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - 2-6x the normal amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

Really good. The only problem I ran in to was that at 60 elements per page, Dark Injection's custom UI made it impossible to go to the next page (the arrows are too small and the thumbnails overlap them), even at 1920x1080, so just a heads up.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: [VERSION 2.0] Adventure Editor Slot Page Expander - 2-6x the normal amount of props in ONE adventure!

Unread post by rob55rod »

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:Really good. The only problem I ran in to was that at 60 elements per page, Dark Injection's custom UI made it impossible to go to the next page (the arrows are too small and the thumbnails overlap them), even at 1920x1080, so just a heads up.
Already taken care of for the next DI release...whenever that may be...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

You're wonderful. Take your time, too. :)
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Unread post by UglyDollFan »

This mod is pretty good... Unfortunately, when having it installed, it causes the game to think I don't have the Creepy and Cute parts pack anymore...

EDIT : NEVERMIND... It works normally now, I have no idea how that happened!
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

The file is disabled by Google Drive because it detected it as a virus. Anyone got a mirror?
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Daevinski
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Daevinski »

GBAura wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:48 am The file is disabled by Google Drive because it detected it as a virus. Anyone got a mirror?
I just downloaded from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFnTgqoiMc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”