Neutral Adventure Win Animations (NEW UPDATE! Version 1.1)

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

Neutral Adventure Win Animations (NEW UPDATE! Version 1.1)

Unread post by Liskomato »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXS4lUP9e_I[/youtube]

LATEST RELEASE

PATCH NOTES:
- Replaced one of the new victory tracks with another: From Tribal Stage start to Creature Stage start.
- Initial build
- Replaced the jolly old vanilla audio tracks and dance animations with more neutral variants. The captain will no longer dance.

Based on Sickleandsuckle/HRmatthew's video on custom GA victory animations, I've always wondered how I could replicate it for my own purposes. When people at the Galactic Adventure Central Discord server started discussing about how GA's normal, rather silly victory dances ruined the moods of their grim-dark settings for their adventures, I figured I would try to make a mod that would make the captain a little more grounded when completing missions. And now here we are!

This mod will replace the 6 dance animations that the game uses with animations found across Spore's campaign, mainly the ones where the creature acts fairly neutral. The music tracks that accompany the ending cinematics have also been replaced with more calmer ones from Core Spore's cinematics. Finding the right audio and animation files would've been nearly impossible, were it not for Snek's Global Tester mod that allows you to test Spore's various creature animations and music tracks within in-game. Many special thanks to her/him!

SPECIAL THANKS TO
Emd4600, who created both SporeModder FX and the Spore ModAPI, both of which were vital to the mod's success. Without ModAPI Global Tester wouldn't have been even possible, as it utilizes that application to add new cheats within Spore.

Snek, for Global Tester mod that allowed this mod to succeed. Without it I wouldn't have known which animation and audio files are which, so many thanks to them!

Rob55rod, for creating many advances for the ModAPI and being
generally helpful when it came down to finding the right files from the right folders. Seriously, thanks! You really came down to help when I needed it!

HRmatthew/Sickleandsuckle, for making it clear that this kind of mod would be even possible. Without your video all those years ago, I wouldn't have even thought about the possibility for a mod like this. Thanks!

And the people in the Spore community and the GAC and Spore Modding Community Discord servers. You all were vital in making this mod possible, so many thanks to you too!

And with that, I hope you all enjoy this mod! What did you think of it? Let me know!
Last edited by Liskomato on Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

akechi
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Neutral Adventure Win Animations

Unread post by akechi »

Hey, I honestly can't thank you enough for this mod. Ever since I first got Galactic Adventures in 2011 or so I always hated the more dramatic ones being ruined by sudden dancing at the end.
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

Re: Neutral Adventure Win Animations (NEW UPDATE! Version 1.1)

For those yet unaware, I have updated this mod to replace one of the new tracks (tribal stage start) to the track used at the beginning of the creature stage, from the feedback I received at GAC. Hopefully now the mod should have more of the impact it was originally intended for. I hope you enjoy!
ERROR!
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ERROR! »

This is a really nice mod. I definitely recommend this! Those dances after completing adventures absolutely sucked lol
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

TWO Questions:
I need ModAPI to use this?
With this mod I can choose what animation I want? or does it replace dance with neutral endings? (i like dances too)...
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

Sporefanatic0 wrote:TWO Questions:
I need ModAPI to use this?
With this mod I can choose what animation I want? or does it replace dance with neutral endings? (i like dances too)...
You don't need the ModAPI "per say", but it is recommended for future-proofing and such. There are applications in development that will make installing and managing Spore mods much easier in the future, so keep an eye for that.

As for question 2, no, you can't choose which animations you'll get at the end of adventures. It's either the neutral ones with the mod or the dances with the mod uninstalled/vanilla. Technically the animations work the same as with vanilla (randomly selected from 3 angles and 6 animations), as what the mod really does is replace the dance animation files with the files of the new animations, copied and renamed from their original source to the names of the original victory animations. Every single, basic mod within Spore with a .package file suffix works like this, by the way.
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

Updated the forum post with the new, non-Google link to the GitHub page. Also reformatted it a little bit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”