Unable to launch SPORE with DI installed

Everything related to Dark Injection, a mod for Spore: Galactic Adventures which aims to extend the capabilities of Spore's editors and preserve Darkspore within Spore to the fullest extent possible.
Forum rules
Please be respectful and keep discussion at least loosely related to Darkspore and Dark Injection. If you are using the Dark Injection 9.r beta, we expect you to actually report any bugs you find, and to provide feedback whenever necessary.
zlobs
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unable to launch SPORE with DI installed

Unread post by zlobs »

Hi. So i've tried to play modded spore using exclusively DI v0.9r.
And here's what I got (steam Spore@russian)

Image Image Image

Found no solutions in the forum so I guess it might be a bug.

UPD: managed to launch only after uncheck all the stuff inside DI and installing BetterSpore (w/o graphics)
UPD2: reinstalling DI after all my mods solved an issue with compatibility. Still I'm unable to change proprerties even get the fullscreen game (the only option to launch spore@DI is reinstall DI and therefore get its default settings)

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Unable to launch SPORE with DI installed

Unread post by rob55rod »

I've seen this before. Still trying to figure out what the root cause of the problem is...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Amerikek
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Amerikek »

I believe I had a similar problem relating to this. I believe it has to do with doing something specific, or just doing something wrong. What I did was uninstall all of my mods (Including Dark Injections.), and deleting the Spore ModAPI .bat files. Keep in mind that if you have a lot of mods and not a good internet service (Such as I.), you should probably keep your downloaded mods in a folder as backup. So once I uninstalled all the mods and deleted the .bats in that order, I just downloaded the Spore ModAPI again and installed the mods on it again.I'm not sure if we have the same problem, but when I did this it worked for me.
Amerikek
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Amerikek »

Snoopity wrote:I believe I had a similar problem relating to this. I believe it has to do with doing something specific, or just doing something wrong. What I did was uninstall all of my mods (Including Dark Injections.), and deleting the Spore ModAPI .bat files. Keep in mind that if you have a lot of mods and not a good internet service (Such as I.), you should probably keep your downloaded mods in a folder as backup. So once I uninstalled all the mods and deleted the .bats in that order, I just downloaded the Spore ModAPI again and installed the mods on it again.I'm not sure if we have the same problem, but when I did this it worked for me.
I think I just had your actual problem, and this doesn't need to be done. I believe you just need to go in Task Manager and find the SPORE game (It should be suspended.) and just end the task. I heavily apologize if I caused any unnecessary effort on your end.

Yeah I should probably stop giving you advice that might not work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Dark Injection”