Error after launching the game

For all those problems people post here that aren't actually related to Dark Injection. No hard feelings - I'd rather risk a few misdiagnosis than miss out on real Dark Injection issues someone wasn't 100% sure about.
BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

Error after launching the game

Unread post by BepponeL'Africano »

So this is basically what happens when I try to open the game through SporeModAPI Launcher, I repeat, I've launched Spore through SporeModAPI Launcher, I've tried reinstalling everything, but nothing worked. Can someone help me please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Error after launching the game

Unread post by rob55rod »

Do any other error messages appear before the game starts?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:Do any other error messages appear before the game starts?
Nope, just that one.
I was searching for old versions of the mod, maybe one of them will work, but i couldn't find one, i don't really know.
BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

By the way, i think that the spore modapi launcher is working fine, when i try to install other mods, they work without problems
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

BepponeL'Africano wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Do any other error messages appear before the game starts?
Nope, just that one.
I was searching for old versions of the mod, maybe one of them will work, but i couldn't find one, i don't really know.
If you found a pothole in a road, would you cover it up with paper mache? Because that's basically what you'd be doing by seeking out an older version of the mod: Addressing the visible symptom while ignoring the underlying problem. That will come back to bite you.
BepponeL'Africano wrote:By the way, i think that the spore modapi launcher is working fine, when i try to install other mods, they work without problems
I doubt that very much, but without knowing what other mods you've tried, I can't say for sure.

By the way, would I be correct to assume that you're using Steam Spore?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

Nope, DVD Spore; I've tried Titan Spore and Better Spore, even if i'm not so sure if those mods need the modapi, but i've tried anyway.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

BepponeL'Africano wrote:Nope, DVD Spore;
Okay, that's a first...do you know where you installed the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to? And if so, would you mind providing a screenshot of the entire contents of that folder? And also, do you have any kind of antivirus software?

BepponeL'Africano wrote:I've tried Titan Spore and Better Spore, even if i'm not so sure if those mods need the modapi, but i've tried anyway.
Both of those mods were abandoned years before the Spore ModAPI even came into existence, so no, they don't require it. Dark Injection, while also quite old, is still actively maintained, and I made the decision that the power the ModAPI offered was simply too great to pass up. Unfortunately, that's how we ended up finding out just what a mess the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit really is, and though we've made great strides in improving the situation, there's still a ways to go...

BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

I don't ave any antivirus installed, besides Windows Defender, wich i tried to deactivate before installing the modapi; it was deactivated even during the installation of the mod, but it doesn't work anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

This is the folder after installing dark injection
BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

now this is what happen when i try to launche the spore modapi launcher
the game won't start btw
Shinko
Hatchling
Hatchling

Same

Unread post by Shinko »

I'm getting the exact same thing. Can't seem to find answers anywhere. So I thought I would try here. Please help! :(
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

BepponeL'Africano wrote:now this is what happen when i try to launche the spore modapi launcher
the game won't start btw
Hmmm...almost seems like the Launcher may simply have failed to locate your game install. So tell me...where did you install Spore Galactic Adventures to, anywaves?

Shinko wrote:I'm getting the exact same thing. Can't seem to find answers anywhere. So I thought I would try here. Please help! :(
Sorry about that...do your answers to any of the questions I've asked BepponeL'Africano above differ from his/her/its/their answers?

Shinko
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Shinko »

I got an error 5. Also steam installs galactic adventures to steamapps and common so in a sense I really can't tell where the problem is originating from.
BepponeL'Africano
Cell
Cell

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

BepponeL'Africano wrote:C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1
Check your PMs. Once you've downloaded that file, copy it to C:\ProgramData\Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit. Let me know if anything changes at all.
Shinko wrote:I got an error 5. Also steam installs galactic adventures to steamapps and common so in a sense I really can't tell where the problem is originating from.
This is...one of various Steam-induced anomalies, which remain undiagnosed to this day. At this point, I've nearly lost hope that they'll ever be properly fixed, so your best bet is probably to move to another version of Spore. You can transfer your Steam keys to Origin to get your hands on that version for free (this doesn't strip you of access to Steam Spore, to clarify). After transferring the Keys, be sure to backup your creations and save data and uninstall Steam Spore completely before installing Origin Spore.

Also sorry for the late reply, to both of you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misdiagnosis”