Can't open spore with DI.

Everything related to Dark Injection, a mod for Spore: Galactic Adventures which aims to extend the capabilities of Spore's editors and preserve Darkspore within Spore to the fullest extent possible.
Forum rules
Please be respectful and keep discussion at least loosely related to Darkspore and Dark Injection. If you are using the Dark Injection 9.r beta, we expect you to actually report any bugs you find, and to provide feedback whenever necessary.
Argore
Hatchling
Hatchling

Can't open spore with DI.

Unread post by Argore »

So there's 2 things happening:

1. When i launch the game with the ModAPI Launcher, it shows a window asking for my game version, it says it couldn't detect my game version.
The problem there is... the 3 options, are all blank, no text at all!

2. When spore opens, DI gives me an error saying that it couldn't detect the ModAPI launch, even though i did launch it from the ModAPI launcher.

Any solution for this?

I run windows 7 with maximum performance settings, so it looks like windows 95.
This is also the first time i download mods for spore, and i do have Galactic Adventures.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Can't open spore with DI.

Unread post by rob55rod »

1. Known issue when using a high-contrast colour scheme (and perhaps the Classic Theme as a whole?) In any case, here's what it's meant to look like, for reference:
Now you should be able to tell which button to click. I'll have to look into why it breaks like that sometime. Also, if you could tell me which version of the game you have, that'd be great.

2. Well...yes, the Launcher can't inject the mods' code into the game without knowing which version it is, and the automatic detection functionality seems to not be co-operating, and you've yet to tell it which version you have, so the game starts without anything injected, resulting in the error message not being hidden at startup.

Anywaves, let me know if you encounter any further issues.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
gglere
Cell
Cell

Unread post by gglere »

I wanted to choose Disk and instead clicked Steam/gog

Can i change it back or do i just reinstall it?

Btw i have the same problem of the ModApi thingy
glowy cube thingy yay

I like to mod/hack games... thats all yay

i has crippling d e p r e s s i o n yay

can someone pls make a space stage infinite movement radius? thx

no i dont have crippling depression

Y A Y
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

gglere wrote:I wanted to choose Disk and instead clicked Steam/gog
In your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder, there is a file called LauncherSettings.config. Delete it.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Dark Injection”