[PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
YoshiByToto
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: [PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Unread post by YoshiByToto »

everything is invisible except for the base

steam spore but still a modder
:di:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

YoshiByToto wrote:everything is invisible except for the base
Actually no, not everything. Most of the parts still don't have models, but some do.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Dzekin_
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Dzekin_ »

rob55rod wrote:
VanillaCold wrote:I'm already excited for this update! Keep up the good work!
Appreciated. I'll admit, none of my other projects have the sheer ability to burn me out that Branching Evolution has, hence the slow progress. That said, I'm still doing what I can.

I guess I should probably explain this:
My hope for Branching Evolution is to create the Vanilla Flora Editor we never got. I'm striving to stay faithful to what I believe Maxis would have done, had they not decided to abandon the Flora Editor entirely. This is why I trisected the editor - from what I've observed, back in 2006, Spore didn't have such clear divisions between its many editors as it does now, so for example you'd have only Land, Sea, and Air vehicle editors, rather than the further subdivision into Military, Economic, Religious, and Colony variants of each we have now. As such, it only seemed right that the one Flora Editor Spore had back then would be separated into the three Flora Editors Branching Evolution gives us now. Once I achieve this goal, my hope is that other mod developers will take interest in creating mods for Branching Evolution, as if it were part of the base game.

VanillaCold, you are the first to do this. Strange as this may sound...thank you.
Well If I might have an opiniot on this subcject, You trying to bring us, the community one of 4 abandoned core things for Spore
(1.Flora Editor 2.Hut Editor 3.Melecular&Aquatic Stages 4.Caves, waterfalls, etc (I know, these ones were never meant to be added, but come on, the Underground would add much more fun to Creature Stage <and potentially to Aquatic stage, if it would have been made>))
is just briliant, I'm so happy, that Spore still thrives with live, or at least escapes from death's and games' graveyard grasp.

I know that it won't be much but I belive in this cool project of yours.
Let's just hope, that hopefully, it won't crash, when you work on it ;D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also with the hope of you finishing this mod, here's a proposition for modders to do, when this "nearly" base game part is ready: Maybe a carnivore plant? One that is locked in it's place, but can bite spontaneously when too close to it.

Sorry for any bad grama, it's 1am and my native language is not any of the existing types of english (US, UK etc) ;/
Enderjed
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Enderjed »

Dzekin_ wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
VanillaCold wrote:I'm already excited for this update! Keep up the good work!
Appreciated. I'll admit, none of my other projects have the sheer ability to burn me out that Branching Evolution has, hence the slow progress. That said, I'm still doing what I can.

I guess I should probably explain this:
My hope for Branching Evolution is to create the Vanilla Flora Editor we never got. I'm striving to stay faithful to what I believe Maxis would have done, had they not decided to abandon the Flora Editor entirely. This is why I trisected the editor - from what I've observed, back in 2006, Spore didn't have such clear divisions between its many editors as it does now, so for example you'd have only Land, Sea, and Air vehicle editors, rather than the further subdivision into Military, Economic, Religious, and Colony variants of each we have now. As such, it only seemed right that the one Flora Editor Spore had back then would be separated into the three Flora Editors Branching Evolution gives us now. Once I achieve this goal, my hope is that other mod developers will take interest in creating mods for Branching Evolution, as if it were part of the base game.

VanillaCold, you are the first to do this. Strange as this may sound...thank you.
Well If I might have an opiniot on this subcject, You trying to bring us, the community one of 4 abandoned core things for Spore
(1.Flora Editor 2.Hut Editor 3.Melecular&Aquatic Stages 4.Caves, waterfalls, etc (I know, these ones were never meant to be added, but come on, the Underground would add much more fun to Creature Stage <and potentially to Aquatic stage, if it would have been made>))
is just briliant, I'm so happy, that Spore still thrives with live, or at least escapes from death's and games' graveyard grasp.

I know that it won't be much but I belive in this cool project of yours.
Let's just hope, that hopefully, it won't crash, when you work on it ;D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also with the hope of you finishing this mod, here's a proposition for modders to do, when this "nearly" base game part is ready: Maybe a carnivore plant? One that is locked in it's place, but can bite spontaneously when too close to it.

Sorry for any bad grama, it's 1am and my native language is not any of the existing types of english (US, UK etc) ;/
Your grammar is quite good, I only see 2 grammar errors!
I know English native people with even worse grammar than that!
I have a decently strong PC

JOIN my discord Server:https://discord.gg/rnRQSkR
(please, I only have 34 members, 7 of which are bots)
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Am I supposed to use a force save mod alongside this? It seems to prevent me from saving at random, sometimes allowing me to save, but usually giving the "you need at least 3 parts to save" message. I thought adding the invisible "fruit" parts (I think that's what they represent) in the "details" section would fix it, since I vaguely recall the editor needing that much at least, but that still works inconsistently...

Also, are there plans to make it backwards compatible with maxis plants at some point? Obviously it's a rather tall order, but it'd be a nice touch. As it stands, they load in, but most of the parts aren't supported (of course, that's still up and coming), and the few that are don't deform properly (might be worth comparing with the vanilla plants to see how they were intended to work). At least their paints can be used (sidenote: I recently discovered maxis goofed up and allows you to add flora paints to creatures in the vanilla game via the "paint like" feature, although it prevents you from saving them without force save unfortunately. I thought it'd just work like it does with the mineral based editors; some of my creatures might accidentally be illegal because of it).

EDIT: Also, is there a way to load plants that have accidentally been saved as an "AnimalCreature"? The creature editor refuses to load them, so it's impossible to edit them again.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

pacca wrote:Am I supposed to use a force save mod alongside this? It seems to prevent me from saving at random, sometimes allowing me to save, but usually giving the "you need at least 3 parts to save" message. I thought adding the invisible "fruit" parts (I think that's what they represent) in the "details" section would fix it, since I vaguely recall the editor needing that much at least, but that still works inconsistently...
Uh...honestly, I haven't tested without Force Save (er, DI) installed in ages...I should probably get on that. Woops.
pacca wrote:Also, are there plans to make it backwards compatible with maxis plants at some point? Obviously it's a rather tall order, but it'd be a nice touch. As it stands, they load in, but most of the parts aren't supported (of course, that's still up and coming), and the few that are don't deform properly (might be worth comparing with the vanilla plants to see how they were intended to work).
Yeah...I'm hoping to eventually achieve compatibility with the Maxis plants, but I haven't a clue if I'll ever actually get there.
pacca wrote:At least their paints can be used (sidenote: I recently discovered maxis goofed up and allows you to add flora paints to creatures in the vanilla game via the "paint like" feature, although it prevents you from saving them without force save unfortunately. I thought it'd just work like it does with the mineral based editors; some of my creatures might accidentally be illegal because of it).
Huh...the more you know.
pacca wrote:EDIT: Also, is there a way to load plants that have accidentally been saved as an "AnimalCreature"? The creature editor refuses to load them, so it's impossible to edit them again.
I've been looking for a better solution to the painting problem than allowing the "AnimalCreature" asset type. No luck so far, unfortunately. You could try ChocIce75's EnterEditor mod, and use its "editcreation" cheat. Your mileage may vary.

-------------------------------------------

On an entirely unrelated note, I guess I'll just leave this progress image here to prove to anyone reading this thread that this mod really isn't dead:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
NUCLEARCAKEEE
Cell
Cell

Unread post by NUCLEARCAKEEE »

...So how do you use this "properly"? I opened it once, put a branch on it, and that made the game crash and now I'm kinda afraid to open the editor again. xD
Autumnwrath
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Autumnwrath »

I know this is an older mod but how on earth do I delete plants I created?! Can't delete them in game and I even deleted their png files in Documents but they're still in my Sporepedia!
QelCore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by QelCore »

it sad, when mod is dead and i realize it, not new updates, bugs, and more. if Branching Evolution update right now, it was best mod in world
:bvf: do industrie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”