Issues with Dark Injection

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
NegaChomp
Cell
Cell

Issues with Dark Injection

Unread post by NegaChomp »

Hello, I've been having issues with Dark Injection, and I know this is a very n00by question, but is it possible to get Dark Injection running with a crack? I know, I know, the actual page says it's not, but I was wondering if it would in my case due to the fact that I installed from legit disks. If it's the cracked .exes and not the packages, then, well I guess I can't use the mod anymore, as I had to exchange my GA physical disk code for an origin digital one, due to originally having a netbook. I'm completely out of installs now, and my old netbook no longer reliably works... So yeah, would it work in my case, or is it just a matter of hoping my old netbook actually turns on to get to use Dark Injection? If it helps, I used cracks for both Core Spore and GA, but if installing core Spore legit will make it work, I'll try and see if I can dig up my old manual...

Apparantly I had an account for DavoOnline I didn't even remember making. ...strange...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Issues with Dark Injection

Unread post by rob55rod »

NegaChomp wrote:Hello, I've been having issues with Dark Injection, and I know this is a very n00by question, but is it possible to get Dark Injection running with a crack? I know, I know, the actual page says it's not, but I was wondering if it would in my case due to the fact that I installed from legit disks. If it's the cracked .exes and not the packages, then, well I guess I can't use the mod anymore, as I had to exchange my GA physical disk code for an origin digital one, due to originally having a netbook. I'm completely out of installs now, and my old netbook no longer reliably works... So yeah, would it work in my case, or is it just a matter of hoping my old netbook actually turns on to get to use Dark Injection? If it helps, I used cracks for both Core Spore and GA, but if installing core Spore legit will make it work, I'll try and see if I can dig up my old manual...
So, wait...what variant of the game are you actually using currently? If it's disk, DI will probably work.If it's Origin, throw the files in, add the force save fix, and cross your everything (or just fingers). If it's pirated...IDK, try it. But try this first...with your disk, that is.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
NegaChomp
Cell
Cell

The Spore is installed from a disk, with a crack installed so I don't have to go find my old manual, or check the registry on one of the computers I installed it on. It's the Galactic Edition in case that makes a difference. If I remember correctly either 3 or 4 of the installs are used, so I'm perfectly fine (although one of them can't be recovered, due to a failed partition...) The GA is installed from a disk, with a crack installed so it will even function. I had to contact EA and exchange the code for an origin download around 4 years ago. The origin version only lets you download (not install) three times. I would still have one install were it not for this, but apparently the failed download I had when first installing GA COUNTED, which is part of why I'm not going to just go buy another copy.

It IS possible for me to install Spore legit, albeit difficult to go dig up the code, while it is NOT possible for me to reinstall GA legit without repurchasing the game, which I honestly don't want to do, as between the aforementioned download problem and the new Sim City, I'm done giving EA more money.
Apparantly I had an account for DavoOnline I didn't even remember making. ...strange...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

NegaChomp wrote:The Spore is installed from a disk, with a crack installed so I don't have to go find my old manual, or check the registry on one of the computers I installed it on. It's the Galactic Edition in case that makes a difference. If I remember correctly either 3 or 4 of the installs are used, so I'm perfectly fine (although one of them can't be recovered, due to a failed partition...) The GA is installed from a disk, with a crack installed so it will even function. I had to contact EA and exchange the code for an origin download around 4 years ago. The origin version only lets you download (not install) three times. I would still have one install were it not for this, but apparently the failed download I had when first installing GA COUNTED, which is part of why I'm not going to just go buy another copy.

It IS possible for me to install Spore legit, albeit difficult to go dig up the code, while it is NOT possible for me to reinstall GA legit without repurchasing the game, which I honestly don't want to do, as between the aforementioned download problem and the new Sim City, I'm done giving EA more money.
Install them legit from your disks, Google the registration code. No crack needed.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
NegaChomp
Cell
Cell

...oh wow, can't believe I forgot that GA has unlimited installs... Thanks, I'll see if I can get it working now.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

NegaChomp wrote:...oh wow, can't believe I forgot that GA has unlimited installs... Thanks, I'll see if I can get it working now.
No problem! Good luck. You MAY want to use legit Core Spore from disk (via De-Authorization tool if needed), because cracked Core Spore + legit GA + Patch 5.1 (needed for most mods created after the downfall of Sporedum.net) = no animations...(sometimes)

NegaChomp
Cell
Cell

Well, both installs are now legit, but DI still doesn't work. Any other tips?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

NegaChomp wrote:Well, both installs are now legit, but DI still doesn't work. Any other tips?
Make sure GA is patched to version 5.1, and that you have the necessary files from Darkspore (available on the DI page) in the correct location. If you've done those things, ensure you've done them correctly. After that (and fixing any mistakes you made if you made any), check whether or not it works then. If it STILL doesn't work, what does happen instead of the desired result (DI)? Also, a list of everything in the paths /Electronic Arts/SPORE/Data and /Electronic Arts/SPORE_EP1/Data could potentially help.

NegaChomp
Cell
Cell

*facepalm* That was the problem, I had the mod in sporebin instead of data, now it seems to work, thanks!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

NegaChomp wrote:*facepalm* That was the problem, I had the mod in sporebin instead of data, now it seems to work, thanks!
Heh, I'm glad it wasn't something more complicated :D

Video_Knight
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Video_Knight »

okay so since my parents wont buy me spore i decided to get a cracked version, ik, i should get legit spore bla bla bla, we all know the drill, mods work well, but dark injections doesnt rly work since it asks me to "update" etc etc, and cracked spore ga has a problem with downloaded creatures from spore.com/sporepedia site. once i get a chance ill just get the actual spore bc cracked versions arent that good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”