CamBen's Limb Editor WIP

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

CamBen's Limb Editor WIP

Unread post by Vallachan »

This is a mod that will be released with Dark Genetics, but I wanted to show a preview here.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUAGUvR5VcQ[/youtube]
Basically its how I've put new limbs into the mod... (other than the 4 limbs that were cut from the base game and cut limb segments I found) And anyway, how it works:

-Rename editorsaves.package to editorsaves_originalbackup.package
-Open editor. (-state:limbeditor)
-Saves the limbs as creatures
-Do this until you have enough limbs
-Unpack your newly generated editorsaves.package
-Move the folder with the limbs/creatures into your mod
-Create the limb file, using the CRT name taken from the .bem of the creatures.
-Example- <key name="modelBlockAssemblyFile" groupid="#40626200" instanceid="#1067E5EF" typeid="crt" />
-Pack the mod
-Remove editorsaves.package, rename editorsaves_originalbackup.package to editorsaves.package

Bugs:
-Scaling is messed up and will crash your game.
-You must keep the first limb segment attached.
-Do not forget the GAprop tag, They will mess up your stages.
-Crashes when viewing your limbs on the enlarged sporepedia card
-Editor does not generate icons

So when I release this mod, It will be possible to create parts for spore in spore! :D

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Botifier
Tribal
Tribal

Re: CamBen's Limb Editor WIP

Unread post by Botifier »

cool does it add to the parts?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

The limb editor by itself does not add to the parts, but the creatures you create can be modded as limbs using sporemaster. I'll post a tutorial when I release the mod.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

this is cool!

i had noticed the limb editor camera files in the past but never thought anything of it.

a few questions...

do the finished limbs animate?
if so, even with mouths on it?

what if you removed the limbs, replaced with spines, and added that single spine addon part, could you make spines longer than 20 segments...?

you said scaling was messed up... people told me the same thing with the flora editor, but it never crashed for me...
i wonder if it would have the same effect...

if this works like this, couldnt you just add the vehicle parts into the editor, make a creations, and save that as a new part?

in the past i have added creations i had made using the creature creator demo as parts in the editor, similar sounding to this here but nothing animated... i am really interested in this mod! cant wait to play with something!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

This mod is completely based off the flora editor, creature editor, and limb part setups.
So, to answer some questions...
The limbs, once placed in the creature editor, do animate.
Probably with mouths as well.

I've actually tried adding vertebra, but no dice, sadly. It just makes the added spine invisible, and compromises the distance to create a new creature origin.

Yea the scaling is based off the flora editor... It will probably work for you.

Basically, anything placed on a limb segment can be turned into a prefab for the creature editor. Building parts are known to behave strangely in the creature editor though...

But anyway, I've also created 2 new editors for the creation of fully robotic and fully exoskeletal limbs. Also, any modded in limb segments such as from CamBen custom parts, dark injection, or the dark genetics limbs page, can be used in this editor, as well as any other creature part!

Adding in the limbs is a bit of an unusual process in sporemaster though. It isn't fully automatic.

Making the limb segments for personal use and not a mod, however, is significantly easier.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

WOW!!!! BRILLIANT!!!! Could you please release a beta version? Wait...no, you might be better off to release Dark genetics Beta! How did you do it? A tutorial would be great, but not if it takes away time from Dark Genetics and these...yet-to-be-attached limbs.

WARNING:Real-life equivalent imminent
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Chenjesu »

That is a pretty nice level of detail to work with, I won't even need to learn blender.
Btw is there some way to make it so limbs don't walk weird and...run into each other and...merge with each other and...have a hole at the knee caps when they are particularly long?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Chenjesu wrote:That is a pretty nice level of detail to work with, I won't even need to learn blender.
Btw is there some way to make it so limbs don't walk weird and...run into each other and...merge with each other and...have a hole at the knee caps when they are particularly long?
Most of that is taken care of :p
rob55rod wrote:WOW!!!! BRILLIANT!!!! Could you please release a beta version? Wait...no, you might be better off to release Dark genetics Beta! How did you do it? A tutorial would be great, but not if it takes away time from Dark Genetics and these...yet-to-be-attached limbs.

dark genetics v1 is coming as soon as I can get 4 new parts in, plus a new editor background. The abilities I'll fix in a later update. I have 10 new abilities, but only 5 are working.

A tutorial for the editor will be out around the time Genetics is released.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

CamBen wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:That is a pretty nice level of detail to work with, I won't even need to learn blender.
rob55rod wrote:WOW!!!! BRILLIANT!!!! Could you please release a beta version? Wait...no, you might be better off to release Dark genetics Beta! How did you do it? A tutorial would be great, but not if it takes away time from Dark Genetics and these...yet-to-be-attached limbs.

dark genetics v1 is coming as soon as I can get 4 new parts in, plus a new editor background. The abilities I'll fix in a later update. I have 10 new abilities, but only 5 are working.

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, I'll try, Be that organizing palettes, or beta testing, I'll do my best.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

I could use a beta tester for my DI abilities this weekend, sorry for off topic
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Davo wrote:I could use a beta tester for my DI abilities this weekend, sorry for off topic
Maybe I can fill that in for you, I'm not busy with anything.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:I could use a beta tester for my DI abilities this weekend, sorry for off topic
I'LL DO IT!!!!!!!

EDIT: I Can DEFINATELY make time to test It!
Last edited by rob55rod on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:
Maybe I can fill that in for you, I'm not busy with anything.
LOL Posted 4 minutes apart in the SAME topic in response to the SAME post!!!! LOL DERP!!!!!!!!!!!

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
CamBen wrote:

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, I'll try, Be that organizing palettes, or beta testing, I'll do my best.
Actually, I have every palette organized to my liking, and I already have someone I regularly use as a beta tester.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, I'll try, Be that organizing palettes, or beta testing, I'll do my best.[/quote]
Actually, I have every palette organized to my liking, and I already have someone I regularly use as a beta tester.[/quote]
YAYYYY!!!!!!! But...those were examples of things I can do. If there's something else I could do, I'd be happy to do it! P.S. how did you record that footage?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Fraps.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

CamBen wrote:Fraps.
Thanks!

TheRemixer124
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheRemixer124 »

CamBen wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:06 pm -Open editor. (-state:limbeditor)
I'm pretty new to using Spore mods, how exactly do I do this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”