Change Captain Mod

vanillacold

Change Captain Mod

Unread post by vanillacold »

Change Captain Cheat

This small mod adds the "changecaptain" cheat, which changes your captain in the space stage.
When using the cheat, the Sporepedia is opened but only captains with existing captain data can be selected.
To create a captain with data, either play an open-captain adventure from the main menu as the creature you want or start a new space-stage save as the captain.

Download (+ source code):
https://github.com/VanillaCold/Spore-Ch ... ses/latest
Requires the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit.

Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
killerkrok555
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Change Captain Mod

Unread post by killerkrok555 »

is it possible to create such a command for the creature stage?
ThomasMHxDeaf
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ThomasMHxDeaf »

Big thanks! I have Spore ModAPI with it's working. ❤️
Godzilla-Force
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Godzilla-Force »

Quick question, is it also possible to add a cheat to the mod that enables you to change a Crewmate as well?
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

Would it be possible to make this mod usable without having to use the ModAPI? Because I'm ''afraid'' of installing it because of the common problems!

I'd rather change my Captain than modify him, because I've modified some of them outside the save games, and I'd like to use their new (more successful!) appearance and get rid of the "ugly" one... instead of starting all over again! ... And just in case, another problem comes up, like my Captain being replaced by a Maxis creature! It's already happened! Because of uninstalling and reinstalling the game when it was doing weird stuff because of patch installations in the past.
I really need this mod. :(

Thanks
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
vanillacold

FrenchSPORE wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:38 pm Would it be possible to make this mod usable without having to use the ModAPI? Because I'm ''afraid'' of installing it because of the common problems!
It's impossible, unfortunately. The mod adds custom code to Spore in order to work, and this requires the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit.
What are the common problems you're talking about?
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

What are the common problems you're talking about?
I talked about it on the subject concerning the ModAPI in case of a problem, but no one has responded to me yet :(, so, as I haven't had a response, I remain hesitant to install it.
I had a few questions about the ModAPI, which I listed here:
viewtopic.php?p=41247#p41247
:arrow: I also add: If we want to play the game when we don't use the ModAPI, are we really obligated to launch it from the application?
And when I tried to install it, I clicked on ''install'', the installation was done without problem at first, and then, an error message from the computer appeared: ''ModApi.InterimSetup stopped working''! I started again, but it still remains the same! So, I tried to re-download the ModAPI, deleting all previously downloaded API-related files, and there it seemed to be different, but after seeing the problems with launching the API, this is where I became hesitant to install it :? So I left it aside waiting to get answers.
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I have Spore Hero too.
vanillacold

FrenchSPORE wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:26 am :arrow: I also add: If we want to play the game when we don't use the ModAPI, are we really obligated to launch it from the application?
With the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit itself, launching Spore from the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit is required for it to inject code into Spore. If you have any mods that require it installed, you will need to launch Spore from the Launcher for it to work. (The mod Dark Injection in particular will use GUI elements to make the game unplayable if the Launcher Kit is not being used.)
And when I tried to install it, I clicked on ''install'', the installation was done without problem at first, and then, an error message from the computer appeared: ''ModApi.InterimSetup stopped working''!
This issue happens for some people unfortunately. I've seen that removing all of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit's files and reinstalling a clean copy will fix this issue, though.
but after seeing the problems with launching the API, this is where I became hesitant to install it :? So I left it aside waiting to get answers.
The Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit does not force you to launch Spore from the Launcher Kit. The only reason for this to happen is if a mod, such as Dark Injection, does this.

FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Continuation of my questions regarding the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit that I preferred transferred to the subject:
https://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 247#p41247

:arrow: But I need help for with this, please:
I had Captain problem with another mod :(, can you help me solve it, if you have the solution? Thank you.
On this topic: viewtopic.php?p=41244#p41244

I have Spore Hero too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”