Replacing Maxis Cells

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
ProfAlba
Creature
Creature

Replacing Maxis Cells

Unread post by ProfAlba »

Hi,

So I've been remaking all the cells from the cell stage and would like to replace all the npc and starter cells.

I've found this tutorial but it's incomplete as there no way to modify starter cells with it and I would like to know how to make it from scratch since all the pngs are custom cells and I have no idea which one is which.

I would like to know what package file maxis creations are in so that I can replace all the starter and npc cells. I think it might be the pollination file but haven't managed to get anything functional out of it.

rygum453tai
Cell
Cell

Re: Replacing Maxis Cells

Unread post by rygum453tai »

I want to replace all maxis stuff, so I am on the same page with you.
cyrilperalta
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by cyrilperalta »

Thanks for your sharing about tutorial. This is what I am looking for
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

ProfAlba wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:44 am I've found this tutorial but it's incomplete as there no way to modify starter cells with it and I would like to know how to make it from scratch since all the pngs are custom cells and I have no idea which one is which.
Those creations can also be replaced, from what I remember, since they're also just regular cells in your Sporepedia.
I would like to know what package file maxis creations are in so that I can replace all the starter and npc cells. I think it might be the pollination file but haven't managed to get anything functional out of it.
They're in Spore_Content.package, in the Core Spore Data folder.
You can unpack it using Sporemodder FX, much like all other packages.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”