Cant Open Spore

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Zerk
Hatchling
Hatchling

Cant Open Spore

Unread post by Zerk »

I can't open Spore using the mod launcher. I did have mods and decided to uninstall them, but it still didn't work. I Installed Spore using Steam if that helps, and do have Galactic Adventures.
Attachments
Screenshot of the Error Message
Screenshot of the Error Message

Avenir
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Cant Open Spore

Unread post by Avenir »

I Installed Spore using Steam
Well, that's the problem, unfortunately, Steam does not support mods for Spore, however, you can install Spore on Origin using your Steam Key for Spore.
  • Install Origin
  • Go to Game Library
  • Go to Add A Game
  • You should be able to put your Steam Key there.
I hope that helped.
Zerk
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Zerk »

Avenir wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:14 am
I Installed Spore using Steam
Well, that's the problem, unfortunately, Steam does not support mods for Spore, however, you can install Spore on Origin using your Steam Key for Spore.
  • Install Origin
  • Go to Game Library
  • Go to Add A Game
  • You should be able to put your Steam Key there.
I hope that helped.
I downloaded Origin, used the Steam Key and tried to open Spore and the screen went black as if it was opening it, but then went back to my desktop. I've tried to use the Spore Mod Launcher Setup to "connect" the mod stuff and Spore since I thought that was the problem, but it didn't work. I've tried deleting the shortcuts to the mod things and then using the Launcher Setup thing again, but I didn't get any new shortcuts. Did I do something wrong and is there anything I can do to fix it?
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Avenir wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:14 am however, you can install Spore on Origin using your Steam Key for Spore.
Right now, that's not possible anymore. Because of an exploit related to EA Play, you can't get the CD key for Core Spore anymore - so you can't register it on Origin.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”