need help for infinite staff of life mod

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
valeriowe714
Hatchling
Hatchling

need help for infinite staff of life mod

Unread post by valeriowe714 »

a) i have Steam spore
b) i think steam auto updates games to the latest version so yes i have the latest version of the game
c) i don't have Galactic Adventures, i don't like that
e) Spore/data folder

I tried everything, I downloaded and installed manually:!infinite_SoL, 3_infinite_Sol and 42, but none of them worked, I even tried to use SporeMaster, but nothing, I can't get the infinite Staff of Life.
Does anyone know how to help me to have infinite Staff of Life?

vanillacold

Re: need help for infinite staff of life mod

Unread post by vanillacold »

valeriowe714 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:03 am a) i have Steam spore
b) i think steam auto updates games to the latest version so yes i have the latest version of the game
Steam Spore is known not to work with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, though that shouldn't impact a mod like this.
Then you can't use mods. All mods nowadays require GA, since most players have it and IIRC modders need to choose between supporting Core Spore and supporting GA.
I tried everything, I downloaded and installed manually:!infinite_SoL, 3_infinite_Sol and 42, but none of them work
Manual installation isn't recommend nowadays, and you can easily wreck your game.
I even tried to use SporeMaster, but nothing, I can't get the infinite Staff of Life.
SporeMaster isn't used anymore. All mods nowadays are made with SporeModder FX.

Overall, your issue is probably either you not properly making sure the mod works (IIRC some Infinite SoL mods still give it ammo, they just don't deplete the ammo) or you not using GA.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
valeriowe714
Hatchling
Hatchling

VanillaCold wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:30 am
Then you can't use mods. All mods nowadays require GA, since most players have it and IIRC modders need to choose between supporting Core Spore and supporting GA.
if possible I would prefer not to have to download GA, because I seriously don't like how it modifies the gameplay, but if it is necessary...
I tried everything, I downloaded and installed manually:!infinite_SoL, 3_infinite_Sol and 42, but none of them work
Manual installation isn't recommend nowadays, and you can easily wreck your game.
by manual I mean copying the .package file into the Data folder, I've always seen to do that like this.
I even tried to use SporeMaster, but nothing, I can't get the infinite Staff of Life.
SporeMaster isn't used anymore. All mods nowadays are made with SporeModder FX.
tnk i will try to use SporeModder FX
VanillaCold wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:30 am Overall, your issue is probably either you not properly making sure the mod works (IIRC some Infinite SoL mods still give it ammo, they just don't deplete the ammo) or you not using GA.
I'm sure they don't work, I tried several times to start the game with the mod and to use the SoL several times, but the ammunition was always used, i believe it is a file priority issue (the game gives a lower priority to the mod than the original file, so if anyone knows how to change this thing, please tell) and I don't think it's necessary to have GA (I'm not a "real" expert in computer language, but seeing the game codes, the part that manages the SoL has nothing to do with the part that manages GA)
So... thank you VanillaCold for your intervention, I'll try to use SporeModder FX and see what happens, in the meantime can you (or anyone else) recommend other methods to solve the matter, tnk.

if I have something wrong in my reasoning, please let me know immediately, tnk to all
valeriowe714
Hatchling
Hatchling

I tried using Sporemaster FX, but nothing, the mod doesn't decide to work. Every time I put a mod in the Data folder, I start the game, open my save and try to use the SoL, it consumes my ammo, what am I doing wrong?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”