trying to make other space empires dislike me by default

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
wrongwarp
Hatchling
Hatchling

trying to make other space empires dislike me by default

Unread post by wrongwarp »

ok, this may seem a little weird, but is there a way to make all empires have a base dislike of you? i'm currently fiddling around with a grox archetype mod (specifically TheChosen1GroxPL's) in sporemodder for difficulty balancing and personal taste, and while i found a way to make the grox neutral to me (despite not removing the "we distrust strangers" thing... it just. kind of sets their base relationship to 70 and then subtracts 70 from it) i can't find a way to make it so other npc empires DISLIKE me at first.
i was thinking maybe i could just find a way to adjust the "we distrust strangers" for other empires and give it to every npc archetype, but editing "RelationshipEventSpacePersonalityMean" (or any other adjustments in space_npc_relationship_effects~ as far as i can tell...) in any of the files there doesn't seem to do anything as far as i can tell, so i don't know if i'm editing it wrong, editing the wrong thing, or what. there's also "RelationshipDispositionThreshold" which sounds like it should maybe alter the base relationship rate, but as far as i can tell it doesn't do anything. of course, i've never modded before outside of minor flavor text changes, so maybe i'm missing something obvious here! does anyone know how to do this?

Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Re: trying to make other space empires dislike me by default

Unread post by Eternity's Edge »

Ah. This is actually an easy mod-fix.

As far as I can see it, you have two main options before you.

Option A)
1-Open your mod on SporeModder.
2-Click "Project Settings" in the top right and make sure that Spore_Game is one of its Source Projects.
3-Type "0x08EA246B" in the search bar.
4-Search inside the file for "AngrySpaceMode." (It should be right near the top.)
5-Change its value from 0 to 1.

Voila! Every spacefaring empire is perpetually mad now.

Option B)
1-Open your mod on SporeModder.
2-Click "Project Settings" in the top right and make sure that Spore_Game is one of its Source Projects.
3-Open "space_npc_relationship_effects~"
4-Open each archetype's files in turn and replace any instances of "RelationshipEventSpacePersonalityNice" with "RelationshipEventSpacePersonalityMean" and give that block these values: -7, 0, -7, 0, 0, 0.

Voila! Every spacefaring empire begins with a -70 "We distrust strangers" relationship bonus.

You can also go into the grox and change theirs to have "RelationshipEventSpacePersonalityNice" instead of their standard "mean" block and give them a positive bonus as well, but more finessing is required if you want them to act like a regular empire. I've achieved it in my mod though. (It's not uploaded to the site yet though... I want it to be much closer to done first.)

As an additional note, you can play around with the values which I gave you above. They will be multiplied by 10 in the game, so keep that in mind. (-20 would be a -200 Relationship Bonus, and -0.5 would be -5.)

ALSO keep in mind that some gametuning file changes will only take effect in your game AFTER you have deleted your current galaxy data, and even when they do take effect regardless, they will not change any existing bonuses; so, editing the above files after you've already met an empire will not change that empire's opinion of you.

Happy modding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”