[Solved] Creature png files not being created

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
AmonYnouss
Hatchling
Hatchling

[Solved] Creature png files not being created

Unread post by AmonYnouss »

I'm using these mods:
Spoiler
Dark Injection
ByeByeSeaMonstie
DeltaPaints
Integrated Integuments
Interstellar Industries
MrsWhitesYourInvasion
Space Stage Harbours
Enchanced Color Picker
SporeStacker
B&VMod
Universal Property Enhancer
Infinite Scaling
Adventure Infinite Complexity
SnekyGraphics
Bigger Colonies H80
Parentelss Vehicle & Building Parts
Spine Connectors
Dar_CityWalls
I also modified Spore_Game.package and PatchData.package to disable pirate raids and ecodisasters.

My problem is that creatures I create do not seem to be saved anywhere as .pngs. They exist in Sporepedia ingame and can be used fine, but their pngs aren't in Documents/My Spore Creations. I searched the entire disc for a creature's png and it wasn't there. I unpacked the Pollination.package file from AppData and the png/crt files weren't there either.
However, when I install a new creature by dragging and dropping it's png into Spore, it appears in My Spore Creations and Pollination.package.
I bought Spore on GOG, I'm launching through the ModApi Launcher.

Any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled all my mods, validated game files. The problem seems fixed for now. None of the listed mods were causing it, I don't know what was.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: [Solved] Creature png files not being created

Unread post by rob55rod »

For future reference...repacking existing game packages is a very bad idea. I strongly recommend not doing so, as it is never necessary and almost always causes problems in some way, shape, or form.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”