keeps telling me to open from mod launcher even when i already opened it from the mod launch in the files

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
SapphicSilky
Hatchling
Hatchling

keeps telling me to open from mod launcher even when i already opened it from the mod launch in the files

Unread post by SapphicSilky »

subject is self-explanatory.
Whenever I open it from the mod launcher in the files like i'm supposed to, I still keep getting a message saying that I should close the game and re-open it in the mod file (even though I already did)
and it says that if i already did that, then I should seek support from this site, which I'm doing right now.
I tried looking for other subjects like this, but I've found nothing.
Thanks in advance.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: keeps telling me to open from mod launcher even when i already opened it from the mod launch in the files

Unread post by rob55rod »

...what else does it say before that?

Also where did you install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Origin? Disk?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
SapphicSilky
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: keeps telling me to open from mod launcher even when i already opened it from the mod launch in the files

rob55rod wrote:...what else does it say before that?

Before that, it's just the usual. Just a login/register screen for Spore pops up first, then when I click off it, that's when it sends me that message, and i'm forced to just quit the game.
I installed Spore from Steam.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SapphicSilky wrote:

Before that, it's just the usual. Just a login/register screen for Spore pops up first, then when I click off it, that's when it sends me that message, and i'm forced to just quit the game.
I meant before the game actually opens. Y'know, any error messages or...anything...?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
SapphicSilky
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
SapphicSilky wrote:

I meant before the game actually opens. Y'know, any error messages or...anything...?
Zilch. There are no error messages, or any message, showing up before actually opening the game.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SapphicSilky wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
SapphicSilky wrote:

Zilch. There are no error messages, or any message, showing up before actually opening the game.
...oh, this again.

Backup your creations and save data, migrate your game keys to Origin, uninstall Steam Spore, and install Origin Spore in its place. I hate recommending this as a """""solution""""", but unfortunately, it's the best I have to offer at this point in time...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”