Game won't open after downloading Dark Injection

For all those problems people post here that aren't actually related to Dark Injection. No hard feelings - I'd rather risk a few misdiagnosis than miss out on real Dark Injection issues someone wasn't 100% sure about.
KittyKat5090
Hatchling
Hatchling

Game won't open after downloading Dark Injection

Unread post by KittyKat5090 »

screenshot.PNG
screenshot2.PNG
I tried to download Dark Injection, and the game wouldn't open. I tried to open it with the Spore ModAPI Launcher, and these error windows appeared. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the game itself or the other mods I have downloaded ( :rp: , :sab: , Psi's Unparented Foot and Hand, Tklarenb's Dinosaur Heads), but for now, I can't open the game.
If anyone could help, that would be great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(If you want to talk to me and I'm not online here, DM me on Discord @Kat#2619)
dragon2300
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Game won't open after downloading Dark Injection

Unread post by dragon2300 »

I can't see the screenshots, but I believe I am having the same issue. When loading the game using Spore ModAPI launcher before or after installing darkspore, I get an error 5 runtime error, and it says it doesnt have permissions to inject the mod files or it gives this error:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

dragon2300 wrote:-attached image snip-
That's an entirely different issue. I've found a fix for the error in your screenshot, Error 87 (the parameter is incorrect), but have yet to locate the cause of Error 5 (Access is Denied). As to why you haven't received the fix for Error 87? I haven't put it out to the public yet. That will change at some point in the near future, for obvious reasons.

Also, please don't refer to Dark Injection as "Darkspore". Those two terms are entirely separate, and using them as if they're interchangeable (Which they aren't) jeopardizes the mod's legal safety.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
dragon2300
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by dragon2300 »

Sorry, dark injections ;)
You are gonna want to go over your site if you are concerned about using the term 'darkspore' as it's used a lot to describe this mod.

I posted the second error because I am ALSO getting that error. It's a good idea to read the whole post before posting a reply.

I was able to fix the issue by migrating my game purchase to origin and modding that instead. It seems it's steam that's blocking permissions for the code injection.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

dragon2300 wrote:Sorry, dark injections ;)
You are gonna want to go over your site if you are concerned about using the term 'darkspore' as it's used a lot to describe this mod.
That's no accident. I'm not afraid of admitting that DI is what it is.
dragon2300 wrote:I posted the second error because I am ALSO getting that error.
I see that now. Your wording left me a tad uncertain, but that clarifies. Sorry about the confusion.
dragon2300 wrote:It's a good idea to read the whole post before posting a reply.
No sher, shitlock. Why do you think I did just that before posting?
dragon2300 wrote:I was able to fix the issue by migrating my game purchase to origin and modding that instead. It seems it's steam that's blocking permissions for the code injection.
Funny how these things work...Steam Spore used to be the bane of the modding scene's existence, then we figured out how to make our mods work with it, and now I'm seeing increasing evidence that Steam Spore has started to find other ways to cause problems for us... .-.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misdiagnosis”