Galactic Adventures went "Missing"

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=174
The_Chronicles_Witch
Cell
Cell

Galactic Adventures went "Missing"

Unread post by The_Chronicles_Witch »

Hi, I'm new here, sorry if I get something wrong.
I was opening Spore via the API Launcher as I normally do. It has been about one or two months since I played Spore.

This time however, was different.
It opened as usual, but when I went into the Create tab, I noticed I couldn't find neither the captain or adventure creators.
This was weird as I clearly had GA installed, the disk in,
and most noticably, I've used DI multiple times on the same computer before.

Naturally, opening the Sporepedia crashes the game, as it can't load captains or any other GA creations.
I've seen it mentioned before,
white Sporepedia backgrounds, captains wouldn't load, game crashes as they come onto the screen.

I really hope that I can find a fix to this problem, as I failed to find any proper fix.
Thank you for this forum, and thanks for the mods and community!

The_Chronicles_Witch
Cell
Cell

Re: Galactic Adventures went "Missing"

Alright, here's an update.

I've decided to uninstall and reinstall Dark Injection,
and now I can't open Spore at all via the API Launcher...
I don't know what else to say nor do.

I hope there will be an explanation or a fix for what is happening. Thank you. :)

*Edit: When I mentioned I can't open Spore via the launcher, I mean I open Spore,
and it loads a little, then crashes instantly, even before the EA logo appears.
The_Chronicles_Witch
Cell
Cell

... and here's update 3...

so I can get Spore to open now, as long as I use the original SporeApp launcher and not the API,
and as one can see DI is indeed somehow working...
Spore glitch.png
... but GA is not...
Spore glitch.png
I have no idea what is happening, and how such thing is possible,
as DI needs GA to work, my GA disc is in and is fully installed, and I am launching the game using the GA SporeApp launcher.

Until I get this fixed, I guess the only way is to avoid the Sporepedia at all costs, and only one shot creations... :cry:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

This is a bug in the base game, not DI. Backup your creations and save data, then completely uninstall your mods, followed by the game itself. After that, reinstall everything.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
The_Chronicles_Witch
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:This is a bug in the base game, not DI. Backup your creations and save data, then completely uninstall your mods, followed by the game itself. After that, reinstall everything.
Oh no...
I use the CD version and have run into literally all the gamebreaking bugs to exist, causing me to burn up all my reinstall uses.
I think there's a way to reroll it, I'll check it out.

Which files are the ones that contain the actual save and creation data, by the way?
That I am aware the My Spore Creations ones are just PNGs.

Thanks so much Rob!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

The_Chronicles_Witch wrote:Oh no...
I use the CD version and have run into literally all the gamebreaking bugs to exist, causing me to burn up all my reinstall uses.
I am so sorry you've had to endure that...
The_Chronicles_Witch wrote:I think there's a way to reroll it, I'll check it out.
Yeah, that'd be the de-authorization tool. Though, if you're not using any older mods, you may want to consider just transferring your CD keys to Origin and moving over to the Origin version of Spore, since it doesn't have an install cap at all anymore.

The_Chronicles_Witch wrote:Which files are the ones that contain the actual save and creation data, by the way?
That I am aware the My Spore Creations ones are just PNGs.

Code: Select all

%appdata%\SPORE
and

Code: Select all

%userprofile%\Documents\My Spore Creations
(the latter may vary by game install language)
The_Chronicles_Witch wrote:Thanks so much Rob!
No problem :​D
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”