Enhanced Planet Lighting: Darker Nights! Yellow-tinted mornings! And so much more!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Enhanced Planet Lighting: Darker Nights! Yellow-tinted mornings! And so much more!

Post by TheUltraCube6723 »

Ever felt nights were a bit too bright?

Ever felt like the water animation speed made it look like goo?

Ever felt that the shadow casting range was too low?

Well, I have my solution (and one of my first public Spore Mods), I present to you the....
Enhanced Planet Lighting Mod!

EDIT: I made a new Imgur Album to show a preview of the changes (More screenshots and maybe a video coming soon, not fond with the current video files).

Features:
* Darker Nights: Nights are now far darker and are given a very mild blue-ish/green-ish tint

* Increased Shadow Casting Range (EXPERIMENTAL): Shadows will still appear even if you're far away
from the planet, though this range is not infinite, it is increased from the default range.

* Dawn/Dusk Lighting Tint: Mornings and Evenings now have a yellowish tinge to them.

* Day Lighting Changes (EXPERIMENTAL): Days are given a very slight yellow-ish tint, but this is very hardly noticeable, if not completely nonexistant.

* Faster Water Animation Speed: Water animation speed now increased to feel more natural.
===========================================================================================
Installation
Download the !!Enhanced_Planet_Lighting.package file and drop it in your Data folder (Spore > DataEP1 for Steam, Spore Galactic Adventures > Data for Origin, GoG install path is currently unknown by me).

Do remember that this is one my first public Spore mods, and it is highly experimental, so bugs should not be unexpected.

Download

UPDATE: I plan to update this mod soon, to version 2.0. I will mainly focus on trying to fix the shadows. As well as creating various variations of the mod with different water speeds and fog densities.

Many of the things in the XML files will also have labels and comments, to allow users to edit the mod to their own liking. I will also readjust a few of the colors. Expect a release in the next week or less
Last edited by TheUltraCube6723 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: Enhanced Planet Lighting: Darker Nights! Yellow-tinted mornings! And so much more!

Post by Darhagonable »

awesome! :D
Kisutora
Creature
Creature

Re: Enhanced Planet Lighting: Darker Nights! Yellow-tinted mornings! And so much more!

Post by Kisutora »

First of all, I love the concept and everything looks great, expect for me the shadows are glitchy in that they more often than not disappear depending on your perspective. The water animation, didn't really see any major difference. Overall it's great, except for the shadows for now. Great work! Hope to see more of this. :)
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Kisutora wrote:First of all, I love the concept and everything looks great, expect for me the shadows are glitchy in that they more often than not disappear depending on your perspective. The water animation, didn't really see any major difference. Overall it's great, except for the shadows for now. Great work! Hope to see more of this. :)
Up next: Spore Graphics Enhancement Suite. A Reshade 3.X.X based post-processing shader preset expected to come out in 1-10 work years.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

Post by Insanegrox »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
Kisutora wrote:First of all, I love the concept and everything looks great, expect for me the shadows are glitchy in that they more often than not disappear depending on your perspective. The water animation, didn't really see any major difference. Overall it's great, except for the shadows for now. Great work! Hope to see more of this. :)
Up next: Spore Graphics Enhancement Suite. A Reshade 3.X.X based post-processing shader preset expected to come out in 1-10 work years.
I've already been playing with reshade for a while soo not really a big milestone there.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Insanegrox wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
I've already been playing with reshade for a while soo not really a big milestone there.
I plan to make it the first easily accessible shader for everybody. So that even the most idiotic noobs can enjoy a better experience.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Post by rob55rod »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:I plan to make it the first easily accessible shader for everybody. So that even the most idiotic noobs can enjoy a better experience.
BentLent98 already beat you to that on SMC, with his PBR mod thing.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:I plan to make it the first easily accessible shader for everybody. So that even the most idiotic noobs can enjoy a better experience.
Oh well, may the least lazy and procrastinating win! Could you link me to the mod?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Post by rob55rod »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Oh well, may the least lazy and procrastinating win! Could you link me to the mod?
It's only available on SMC, he never posted it here.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”