Creature Stage Adventures

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

Creature Stage Adventures

Unread post by Chenjesu »

The creature stage can be kind of bland. It would be cool to have missions in the creature and tribal stage where to impress someone or stop something from attacking you had to do missions like collect artifacts or build an army or ect.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Creature Stage Adventures

Unread post by Vallachan »

That would be awesome but i don't know if it would be possible.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

CamBen wrote:That would be awesome but i don't know if it would be possible.
Well just take what you have with adventures, except instead of having to travel to planets, you travel to tribes and map locations. When you enter in a certain area, it lets you "accept" or "decline" and everything else about the mission is normal.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Yea but I mean in terms of modding.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

CamBen wrote:Yea but I mean in terms of modding.
You can make an underwater creature stage but it's impossible to simply move adventures to a map? You know how when you talk to planets they give you missions? It seems like you could just make it that when you approach a creature, one of the social things you can do is ask them about missions, which would allow you to eventually befriend hostile creatures, and then instead of having to travel to other planets, the mod would make the adventure randomly show up in a 2 mile radius which you would have to travel to on a map. You should be able to cheat this pretty easily, you don't need to have an entire village constructed, you just travel to a map location and when you start the mission, a village magically appears there.
The action of starting a mission is assigned to characters in space, so if you can change that path to creatures in the creature stage and then where the missions show up as random map locations, it should be good to go.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Dude all I did for the aquatic stage mod was change the atmosphere and lighting.

Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

CamBen wrote:Dude all I did for the aquatic stage mod was change the atmosphere and lighting.
Well all that needs to be changed for the creature stage is the targets of who to contact for missions and where the missions turn up, as well as not beaming back to your ship I suppose. Nothing is impossible programming wise, you can program anything, except for maybe randomness and causality
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Chenjesu wrote:
CamBen wrote:Dude all I did for the aquatic stage mod was change the atmosphere and lighting.
Well all that needs to be changed for the creature stage is the targets of who to contact for missions and where the missions turn up, as well as not beaming back to your ship I suppose. Nothing is impossible programming wise, you can program anything, except for maybe randomness and causality
Yeah, but programming is programming, and modding is modding. 2 completely different concepts. The missions are incredibly hard to code using trigger files, and placing an object or creature somewhere on the planet in a specific spot is next to impossible. Also you can't really modify when a script plays. Like for example the seamonster. It only triggers in a certain location, and cannot be changed.

Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

CamBen wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:
Yeah, but programming is programming, and modding is modding. 2 completely different concepts. The missions are incredibly hard to code using trigger files, and placing an object or creature somewhere on the planet in a specific spot is next to impossible. Also you can't really modify when a script plays. Like for example the seamonster. It only triggers in a certain location, and cannot be changed.
I've see some pretty advanced mods for games, and what about that mod that complete takes the seamonster out of the game?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

all you have to do for that one is cut off short the trigger and make it end before playing the effect and death screen. Location =/= Disabling

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Spore modding is very limited.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

Maybe I can just ask maxis to make an update for some stuff, like a real "freedom", flora editor, a planet editor, I' sure they had to rush some things because they already spent a couple years working on it. If only they weren't associated with EA making everything like simply emailing them more difficult.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Spore modding is very limited.
True that is. The irony is that its possible to change the graphics of the game, create new editors, import content from darkspore, create creature, building, cell, flora, vehicle, UFO, and adventure parts, modify the game's sound effect set, create things like the limb attach part and the spine manipulator, create new building and vehicle paint styles, overhaul the creature stage through space stage in many ways: difficulty, abilities, planet morphs, etc keeping the same basic structure and story; etc. but we cannot do thing like creating new voices, creating new paintstyles for creatures without overriding old ones, getting paintstyles from darkspore (yet), create new, fully working scripts or triggers, make things for creatures like teleporting abilities or lasers, modify how long the vertebrae can be, and more stuff.

And maxis probably isn't going to help you. If they hadn't been bought out by EA, they wouldn't have been around in the world long enough before shutting down to create sims 1.

Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

CamBen wrote:
And maxis probably isn't going to help you. If they hadn't been bought out by EA, they wouldn't have been around in the world long enough before shutting down to create sims 1.
I'm not sure what that sentence is suppose to mean. Sims was created way way way before spore, and perhaps either they are EA can get enough support to do some things, like a petition.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Chenjesu wrote:
CamBen wrote:
I'm not sure what that sentence is suppose to mean. Sims was created way way way before spore, and perhaps either they are EA can get enough support to do some things, like a petition.
what I mean is; if the company called maxis that made simcity and a few other games they took off the shelves hadn't been bought out by the company called electronic arts, they would have gone bankrupt before making the sims games.

And also petitioning for spore or darkspore content is pointless, the spore and darkspore team has disbanded, also meaning that development of the games have come to a complete halt. There will be no updates to either of the games.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

You can get DarkSpore paint styles, but you nedd many o DarlSpore files.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:You can get DarkSpore paint styles, but you nedd many o DarlSpore files.
yes, i've found what I think may be the effect files for the core spore creature paints, but the hashed names makes it harder.

Chenjesu
Tribal
Tribal

Well I talked EA into stopping the selling of darkspore and the reselling of GA which is how I got it recently, maybe some of the people at Maxis would be open to something. Even if they are "disbanded" they definitely know more about the game and could perhaps come out with some "thing" that people could download. Maybe if we could all decide on a few ideas and get a bunch of people to support them then show it to whoever developed maxis they would be more inclined to try and make something on their own.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”