Spore ModAPI Launcher not detected.

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
SnaVzoh
Hatchling
Hatchling

Spore ModAPI Launcher not detected.

Unread post by SnaVzoh »

I downloaded everything like i should have done,i started SPORE from the launcher but i get this error..Anyone know how to fix this?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI Launcher not detected.

Unread post by rob55rod »

1. Where did you install Spore from? (Steam? Disk? GOG? Origin?)
2. When you run the Spore ModAPI Launcher, are any messages shown before the game starts? And if not, can you check if any come up after it starts? (Note that if you normally play in fullscreen mode, you can switch to windowed mode to check by pressing ALT+ENTER)
3. Do you have any kind of antivirus or anything of the sort installed? And if so, which is it?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
SnaVzoh
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SnaVzoh »

rob55rod wrote:1. Where did you install Spore from? (Steam? Disk? GOG? Origin?)
2. When you run the Spore ModAPI Launcher, are any messages shown before the game starts? And if not, can you check if any come up after it starts? (Note that if you normally play in fullscreen mode, you can switch to windowed mode to check by pressing ALT+ENTER)
3. Do you have any kind of antivirus or anything of the sort installed? And if so, which is it?
Ive got spore installed on my steam account,and when i try to start the game it says ''The program cant start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer'' which i didnt get before when i was trying to launch the game.I dont have an anti virus.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SnaVzoh wrote:Ive got spore installed on my steam account,and when i try to start the game it says ''The program cant start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer'' which i didnt get before when i was trying to launch the game.I dont have an anti virus.
Hmm...that answers a few questions, but raises another: Does the game still start after that error message appears?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
SnaVzoh
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SnaVzoh »

rob55rod wrote:
SnaVzoh wrote:Ive got spore installed on my steam account,and when i try to start the game it says ''The program cant start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer'' which i didnt get before when i was trying to launch the game.I dont have an anti virus.
Hmm...that answers a few questions, but raises another: Does the game still start after that error message appears?
It doesnt,it just gives me a blackscreen and it says that Spore Galactic Adventures has stopped working
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SnaVzoh wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
It doesnt,it just gives me a blackscreen and it says that Spore Galactic Adventures has stopped working
Alright, in that case...do you know exactly where you installed Spore to, and where your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder is?

SnaVzoh
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SnaVzoh »

rob55rod wrote:
SnaVzoh wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Hmm...that answers a few questions, but raises another: Does the game still start after that error message appears?
Alright, in that case...do you know exactly where you installed Spore to, and where your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder is?
Yeah i do know.
zyron1011
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by zyron1011 »

The launcher for the mod API I downloaded for Spore isn't working at all. I bought the Steam version of Spore Galactic Adventures, but I realized the mod API is extremely useless on the Steam version of the game. So I got a full refund and got the game on Origin, which the API does work on. I uninstalled the Steam version of the game and installed the Origin version. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled the Spore mod API and put it in the right folder (This PC > Acer (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > Spore Galactic Adventures > SporebinEP1 > Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit). I also used the REVO uninstaller to uninstall the copies of Spore and Galactic Adventures manually. But somehow, for some unknown reason that doesn't make any sense, whenever I open the API launcher to run the game, it just opens up the Steam store featuring Galactic Adventures. Is there anything I can do to get the Spore mod API running properly like it should?
Asder_alos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Asder_alos »

I have a gog version and the same problem
moltasH
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by moltasH »

Im having this problem and im not sure how to fix it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”