Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Miguelgamer823
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Miguelgamer823 »

Do i have to redownload Spore ModAPI Launcher to use DI.
It says:
"Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher. If you are already using the Spore ModAPI Launcher, seek assistance on DavoOnline.", What does that mean? :?: :di:

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Miguelgamer823 wrote:Do i have to redownload Spore ModAPI Launcher to use DI.
It says:
"Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher. If you are already using the Spore ModAPI Launcher, seek assistance on DavoOnline.", What does that mean? :?: :di:
You don't have to redownload anything, you just have to use the Spore ModAPI Launcher to open Spore.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
tomdroid123
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by tomdroid123 »

I'm trying to install DI, but after I do, all the new parts are all invisible. I am running steam spore+galactic adventures, my game is fully updated, and I used the spore modAPI launcher for it, but still, it remains invisible. I will note that I do not have creepy+cute installed, but I did disable that option in the installer, so I don't know if that should have any impact at all on anything. Every other part of DI is working fine, like the new UI.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

tomdroid123 wrote:I'm trying to install DI, but after I do, all the new parts are all invisible. I am running steam spore+galactic adventures, my game is fully updated, and I used the spore modAPI launcher for it, but still, it remains invisible. I will note that I do not have creepy+cute installed, but I did disable that option in the installer, so I don't know if that should have any impact at all on anything. Every other part of DI is working fine, like the new UI.
Did you ever have another version of Spore prior to the Steam version?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
tomdroid123
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
tomdroid123 wrote:I'm trying to install DI, but after I do, all the new parts are all invisible. I am running steam spore+galactic adventures, my game is fully updated, and I used the spore modAPI launcher for it, but still, it remains invisible. I will note that I do not have creepy+cute installed, but I did disable that option in the installer, so I don't know if that should have any impact at all on anything. Every other part of DI is working fine, like the new UI.
Huh, I just checked, and I happen to have the origin version installed. I had it installed after the steam version though, can't remember why. Should I uninstall the steam version and proceed with the origin version, or what?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

tomdroid123 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Huh, I just checked, and I happen to have the origin version installed. I had it installed after the steam version though, can't remember why. Should I uninstall the steam version and proceed with the origin version, or what?
...actually, since you've installed both simultaneously, you'll likely need to uninstall both and reinstall only one version of the game, preferably the Origin version. You'd best backup your creations and save data before doing anything of the sort though. Let me know if you need a hand at any point along the way.

tomdroid123
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
tomdroid123 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Did you ever have another version of Spore prior to the Steam version?
...actually, since you've installed both simultaneously, you'll likely need to uninstall both and reinstall only one version of the game, preferably the Origin version. You'd best backup your creations and save data before doing anything of the sort though. Let me know if you need a hand at any point along the way.
I've managed to uninstall the origin version, reinstall the steam version, and then it worked fine. However, in the tribal editor, the genetic editor is covering the actual tribal editor. The tribal items in the genetic editors don't seem to actually give any buffs. Without the buffs, I'm not able to complete the tribal stage ( I am on hard mode). What do I do?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

tomdroid123 wrote:I've managed to uninstall the origin version, reinstall the steam version, and then it worked fine. However, in the tribal editor, the genetic editor is covering the actual tribal editor.
Known bug, already fixed for the next release. In the meantime, switch to the Full Darkspore GUI or Darkspore Beta GUI.
tomdroid123 wrote:The tribal items in the genetic editors don't seem to actually give any buffs. Without the buffs, I'm not able to complete the tribal stage ( I am on hard mode). What do I do?
Incorrect - they're the same parts with the same stats as in the Villager Outfitter, the only difference is that the Genetic Modifier doesn't display those stats.

allydana06
Cell
Cell

Unread post by allydana06 »

I apologize for bothering you again.. especially since I reported my problem forever ago.. But I'm still having problems of invisible parts and I still don't know whats wrong and why its doing this.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

allydana06 wrote:I apologize for bothering you again
Don't, you have nothing to apologize for. You're not bothering me.
allydana06 wrote:especially since I reported my problem forever ago.
It happens. Don't worry about it.
allydana06 wrote:But I'm still having problems of invisible parts and I still don't know whats wrong and why its doing this.
...maybe this would be easier to diagnose via a more direct form of communication. Any chance you'd be willing to meet up on say, Steam or Discord or something like that, so we can diagnose this problem more efficiently?

allydana06
Cell
Cell

Unread post by allydana06 »

I have both discord and steam, so yes, we can meet up on there, and it'll be easier since i can respond faster..
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

allydana06 wrote:I have both discord and steam, so yes, we can meet up on there, and it'll be easier since i can respond faster..
Excellent, my thoughts exactly. Whenever you're ready, PM me either your public alias on either service or a request for my alias on one of these services. Until then, I'll be waiting. Hopefully it won't take too long after that to sort this out.

billyjimmy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by billyjimmy »

If there is already a topic about this, post the link to given topic
Main Issue - DARKSPORE parts textures not appearing
Following Crash(s)? - DARKSPORE limbs place onto body
Recent Actions to fix issue? - Unstalling all mods, even DI Extra - All DARKSPORE parts are invisible, whilst placed onto main torso. Example, DS
mouths, eyes, limbs, hands, feet, weapons, etc..
More detail given if replied to

[Mods Currently Installed]

Dark Injection
IntegratedIntegumentv1_1
bacteriod(v4)
StrangeAndBeautiful
ForceSave
PSI_littleboxofhorrors
CB_Color_pack
Aceofspad_100(mod not working/invalid use)
DavoCreatureOverhaul

[Following Contact(s)]
Steam
Origin
Discord

If I have too many mods installed, please tell me as I will unstall a few/them.

:di: :ccp: :sab: :cc: :ex: :fs: :ga: :rp: :spore:
I don't understand many things as I am slow...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

billyjimmy wrote:-snip-
Alright...where did you buy and install Spore from?

billyjimmy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Alright...where did you buy and install Spore from?
[Calculating...]
[Processed!]

[Information Below]

I bought SPORE on STEAM

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

billyjimmy wrote:I bought SPORE on STEAM
Is Steam the only place you've ever installed Spore from?

billyjimmy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Is Steam the only place you've ever installed Spore from?
[Calculating...]
[Processed!]

[Information below]

I did bring SPORE and the addons over to Origin, yet I've removed them and now trying to unstall it. As far as I know, the SPORE Mod API is launching the original bought copy from STEAM.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

billyjimmy wrote:I did bring SPORE and the addons over to Origin, yet I've removed them and now trying to unstall it. As far as I know, the SPORE Mod API is launching the original bought copy from STEAM.
Well that's not good. For best results, I'd recommend you backup your creations and save data, uninstall all of your mods, uninstall Steam Spore, install Origin Spore, and then reinstall those mods you had.

billyjimmy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Well that's not good. For best results, I'd recommend you backup your creations and save data, uninstall all of your mods, uninstall Steam Spore, install Origin Spore, and then reinstall those mods you had.
[Calculating...]
[Error]

[Error Failure - Origin SPORE]
[Reason of failure - unable to comply with launching program]
[Following - Backup CREATIONS and SAVED DATA... Uninstalled MODS... Uninstalled Steam SPORE... Installed Origin SPORE... Reinstalled MODS...]

[Fixable Error?]
[Calculating...]
[Error found - crashing when opened through SPORE MOD API]

[Processing calculation...]
[Answers needed]

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

billyjimmy wrote:-snip-
Uninstall Dark Injection, run the game once through the Spore ModAPI Lauuncher, then reinstall Dark Injection.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”