[Version 1.5 Prerelease] Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

[Version 1.5 Prerelease] Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Unread post by Insanegrox »

Been over a year since the last update... Might as well give y'all a pre-release for christmas :D

NOTE: Lower end video cards are completely unsupported, this mod is made for use with 1440p-4k resolutions, GTX 1050 or AMD Radeon RX 570 reccomended. (older cards may still work just fine though, tested with an RTX 2080TI @ 3840x2160 with reshade).

Video Preview (outdated): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhPw--rq7_o

Github Page (Issues & Roadmap): https://github.com/InsaneGrox/Groxxy-s- ... -for-Spore

Reccomended Modifications & Dependancies
Spoiler
* = Required for full effect
*Sneky's Graphics Fix (2048x version preferrably)
*Shiny Textures fix (2048 or 4096x preferrably)
60FPS fix
My lighting overhaul mod, which is available from the spore modding community discord.
4k Resolution mod (if you have a 4k monitor)
4 GB Ram Patch (For Stability reasons) ( http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=9424 )
Reshade.me (Preferrably with Marty mcfly's raytracing shader if your PC can handle it), I would also suggest using SSAA, and if you can't handle raytracing or don't have the money, use MXAO, Dithering/debanding might also help in darker areas including space.
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11zZFI ... p1lFO6XYIG
Install whatever components you want, all are compatible with eachother except the galaxies, look in the screenshots if you want to see the differences between galaxy skins. (Beta branch will obviously be messy and bugfilled)
Screenshots (SEMI-OUTDATED)
Spoiler
HD Galaxy (Milky Way Version)
HD Gallaxy (Vanilla Version)
Vanilla Galaxy with no mods (for comparison)
[img]https://cdn.di_15-47-57.png[/img]
NOTE: Alpha clipping is a development bug, and doesn't appear in current version.
Finally, those ugly blob flowers are gone.
Changelogs
Spoiler
HD World Textures

Update 10/10/19 [1.1], Added GA textures, fixed some effects, fixed the grey sky bug on some hardware, improved space effects, added lots of particle effect textures.

Update 10/15/19 [1.2], Worked on a lot of particles, drastically improved flower textures (they are no longer 1 pixel dots, instead they are fully detailed flowers), added more decals, including the hyper epic fossil decal, improved water textures significantly.
--------
HD Part Textures

(8/25/2018)First Version

(date unknown)Creepy & Cute/AO Patch: Adds some much needed lighting to existing textures, fixes The Grox bumpmaps so look a bit more like metal, Adds more parts including Creepy & Cute Parts.

(9/30/2019) Overhaul/Redux Update: Adds many extra textures, and compresses file size down.

[10/10/19] 1.1 Overhauled Skinpaints & Some Tint Maps, added GA part textures.

[11/18/19] 1.2 Seperated the HD world textures component into 5 seperate components including particles, world textures, decals, mesh reskins, and other things, re-textured the tribal huts, improved distant star particles, re-did some space dust particles, added lots of GA part textures, and to top it all off, I added cake, which is a lie.

[6/25/20] 1.3 - Made massive improvements to some older skin paint textures, now all skin paints should look good and crispy, some should look closer to vanilla, improved bumpmapping on Grox Parts (FINALLY), tweaked brightness of Grox Parts to make them look more metallic, improved planet textures significantly, removed some that looked like stuff and replaced them, created lighting tweaks package (darker nights, more vibrant colors in editor, more contrast in editor), re-did some older part textures to look consistant with newer ones, re-did a lot of outfitter parts using HD verisons found in the game files as reference, finally started tackling some building/vehicle textures, improvements to almost all editor backgrounds, not just the creature editor background, Made some improvements to skin paint masks (they are no longer pixely), and uhhh, #$^& it, removed Herobrine.

[october 2020 maybe?] 1.4 - Uh, database fail happened and my memory is terrible so uh, made textures less noisy and did some uh, other stuff? editor and empire backgrounds, world textures got a bit of a touchup, ect ect idk if someone has the text that was here before august backup screwed up I'd love if someone could give it to me...
Last edited by Insanegrox on Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Shino
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Unread post by Shino »

If only it was compatible with Sneky Galaxy...
--fr though, this is fucking awesome looking. Certainly one to go into the data folder.
wait what oh yeah forums have these things
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

Shino wrote:If only it was compatible with Sneky Galaxy...
--fr though, this is fucking awesome looking. Certainly one to go into the data folder.
Actually the galaxy textures are a seperate package, so you CAN use it with sneky's galaxy, though the galaxy itself won't look as good as a result without manually re-coloring the HD versions using SMFX.
Serujio16
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Serujio16 »

This mod work in adventure editor?
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

Serujio16 wrote:This mod work in adventure editor?
Most of the textures replaced appear in spore's campaign (cell-space stage), however a majority of these textures are shared between that and galactic adventures, this doesn't add any GA roads or anything, and doesn't replace them either at the moment, however GA road replacements are planned.
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

Insanegrox wrote:
Serujio16 wrote:This mod work in adventure editor?
Most of the textures replaced appear in spore's campaign (cell-space stage), however a majority of these textures are shared between that and galactic adventures, this doesn't add any GA roads or anything, and doesn't replace them either at the moment, however GA road replacements are planned.
Disregard, All GA Road textures have been replaced as of this message.
GROMALOCARIS
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: [Version 1.2] Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Unread post by GROMALOCARIS »

Jesús, that's impressive as [hecc]
Skeith
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Skeith »

there seems to be a bug where the texture for a nest vanishes. The mesh remains but its simply invisible, this issue fixed itself on affected nests upon removal of the mod.
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

Skeith wrote:there seems to be a bug where the texture for a nest vanishes. The mesh remains but its simply invisible, this issue fixed itself on affected nests upon removal of the mod.
Noted...
Diego
Cell
Cell

Re: [Version 1.3] Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Unread post by Diego »

Oh my god... This is a perfect example of 4K HD. No seriously... you are PERFECT.
Hey guys. Diego here, just a casual Spore player that has: Core Spore, :ga: And also Creepy and Cute And a few mods. anyways have a good time.
GayCherryJuice
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: [Version 1.4] Groxxy's Various HD Texture Mods

Unread post by GayCherryJuice »

Not sure if it's just me this has happened to, but the surface of my planet whenever I play is completely black. Alongside all the grass. What causes this?

Edit: Sorry! My bad! I thought this mod was responsible, but turns out it was Dark Injections!
Fox
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Fox »

How to install? :spore:
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Fox wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:03 pm How to install? :spore:
you use the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to install mods.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
maflthewaffle
Cell
Cell

Unread post by maflthewaffle »

Great Mod, It really makes Spore look like a whole other game! I wonder, are you going to create an installer of sorts that would be compatible with the Spore Mod API?
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

maflthewaffle wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:15 pm Great Mod, It really makes Spore look like a whole other game! I wonder, are you going to create an installer of sorts that would be compatible with the Spore Mod API?
https://github.com/InsaneGrox/Groxxy-s- ... e/issues/7 If I can figure out how to I will
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”