Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
Benjo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by Benjo »

WasBoolin wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:02 pm
EvacTouch wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:10 pm Got this error, need help. I already tried reinstalling the launcher, uninstalling dark injection, and turning off antiviruses. I have the game bought from Steam.
i'm having the same problem
The version of Spore on steam has a piece of code that forces a close if it detects alterations to the game's code. You can get around it by going into
C: Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > spore > DataEP1 > config
Then open the ConfigManager file, scroll to the bottom, and add "boolProp disableValidation true" to the end. This causes the code that detects mods to fail, and allows the game to run with mods. I hope this helps.

Reckless_Badger
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Reckless_Badger »

Benjo wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:02 am
EvacTouch wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:10 pm Got this error, need help. I already tried reinstalling the launcher, uninstalling dark injection, and turning off antiviruses. I have the game bought from Steam.
The version of Spore on steam has a piece of code that forces a close if it detects alterations to the game's code. You can get around it by going into
Then open the ConfigManager file, scroll to the bottom, and add "boolProp disableValidation true" to the end. This causes the code that detects mods to fail, and allows the game to run with mods. I hope this helps.
I was having this exact problem and added the line to disable validation, but now i also get a pop-up saying "Configuration Script Failed. [2000]" as well as the same errors as before.
Konfar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Konfar »

"Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher. If you are already using the Spore ModAPI Launcher, seek assistance on DavoOnline."

So he writes to me every time I open the game, even through the launcher.
What should I do?
Samir Al-Hamidi
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Samir Al-Hamidi »

Im i the only one to always get this error? It always happens when randomly or when i open the game but after i reset my pc, it asks to reinstall it then it works.
https://imgur.com/a/eplPSoD

Has there been any fixes? Its been 2-3 years.
I'm the man who you will never be able to arrest.
Samir Al-Hamidi
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Samir Al-Hamidi »

Your fix did nothing.
I'm the man who you will never be able to arrest.
morganp11
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by morganp11 »

Hi,
it said i have an unsupported spore version. have the origin spore (I Think, well it's not steam anyway) this is my first time modding. hoping you could sort me out!
deadfro
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by deadfro »

how do i fix modapi i install then when i try to launch i get error 5 along with 8 more error messages what creation of void demons is happening. i just wanted mods but now i get a headache and possible viruses trying to find a salution so now i ask the makers.
MaybeItsPiers
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MaybeItsPiers »

Hey, I'm not sure if this bug has been reported before (since there's too many pages for me to sort through). I'm gonna take this from the top because how I got here is a little more unique.

I saw Spore was on sale on steam and decided it would be fun to re-live some childhood memories with some mods thrown in for something fresh. I buy and install core spore :spore: and both its dlcs :ga: :cc:. I then look into modding it, only to find out that the steam version is very unreliable with mods, so in a panic I ask steam for a refund... before uninstalling spore. The refund goes through, I get Origin installed and look into getting spore from there (thankfully it was also on sale to an even cheaper price), only to realise the files for the steam version are still present on my computer, and Steam no longer offers to uninstall them. I then attempt to manually delete all the spore files under steam's directories, and then install the Origin version of :spore: and :ga: .

THEN I download/install the ModAPI (there's no pop-up asking what version of spore I have). It creates the files and shortcuts as normal, and the EasyInstaller and EasyUninstaller seem to work fine, but the Launcher does nothing but open the steam store page for :ga: , and the launcher runs harmlessly as a background process only visible through task manager. I of course attempt to run :ga: through origin, but once on the main menu I get that pop-up telling me to run spore through the launcher instead. At this point the background process of the launcher has disappeared.

Sorry for the massive block of text, I just expect this to be a unique issue and wanted to include the unique circumstances surrounding it.

TLDR: I'm trying to mod the Origin version of :spore: :ga: , but the ModAPI Launcher does nothing but open the Steam store page for :ga: .
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

MaybeItsPiers wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:34 am TLDR: I'm trying to mod the Origin version of :spore: :ga: , but the ModAPI Launcher does nothing but open the Steam store page for :ga: .
That's because you didn't uninstall Steam Spore properly. you can still uninstall it using the REVO uninstaller thingy, though.
speaking of which, here are instructions on how to use the REVO uninstaller to uninstall Spore:
An EA support member wrote:To manually uninstall the game, please use a tool called REVO to completely uninstall the game.

You can download and install REVO by following the link below:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_fr ... nload.html

Once we download and install REVO go head and start up the program and follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the [Spore] Icon, select the option to Uninstall
2. Once we select the Uninstall, go ahead and select the Advanced bubble and click Next
3. It will now uninstall [Spore] and then scan for left over Registry files
4. Make sure only to check the BOLD Registry Files and then select the option to Delete them
5. Click Next
6. It will now scan for left of files and when can press Select All and then press Delete to remove them
7. Click Next or Finish
(repeat the above for all Spore expansions)
8. We can now close out of the REVO program

If you no longer want REVO on your computer you can always uninstall it by following the instructions below:
1. Click on your Start Menu
2. Go to All Programs or Programs
3. Locate REVO Uninstaller
4. From REVO Uninstaller select Uninstall REVO Uninstaller
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

that has absolutely nothing to do with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit failing to inject code into Steam Spore, and enabling Force Save does not fix said issue either.
the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit fails to inject code into Spore because unlike Origin, GoG and Disc Spore, Steam Spore cannot be started in a suspended state because of its DRM. Therefore, the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit needs to suspend every thread in the process quickly before any of them start executing any code in order to actually inject custom code into Spore. and in many cases, it fails to do this.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
zyron1011
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by zyron1011 »

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you guys could enlighten me on this situation I have with the Spore mod API. I originally bought Spore Galactic Adventures on Steam, but I realized the API is extremely useless on the Steam version of Spore. So I got a refund and bought Spore GA on Origin. I deleted the Steam version of Spore, but when I open up the API launcher after I bought the Origin version, it just takes me to a part of the Steam website with Galactic Adventures on it. Has this happened for any of you guys? What can I do to get the API properly running with GA?
zyron1011
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by zyron1011 »

The launcher for the mod API I downloaded for :spore: isn't working at all. I bought the Steam version of :spore: :ga: , but I realized the mod API is extremely useless on the Steam version of the game. So I got a full refund and got the game on Origin, which the API does work on. I uninstalled the Steam version of the game and installed the Origin version. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled the Spore mod API and put it in the right folder. (This PC > Acer (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > Spore Galactic Adventures > SporebinEP1 > Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit) I also used the REVO uninstaller to uninstall the copies of :spore: and :ga: manually. But somehow, for some unknown reason that doesn't make any sense, whenever I open the API launcher to run the game, it just opens up the Steam store that features Galactic Adventures. Is there anything I can do to get the Spore mod API running properly like it should?
KaktusArt
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by KaktusArt »

I just installed the Dark Injection mod onto my Steam copy of Spore, but it's not working
It shows the "Starting Up Spore" sign for less than a second and then it closes, without opening the game

I didn't set the location of the game because I didn't see an option to, but if that's the problem, please tell me how to do it
PlushBanshee
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by PlushBanshee »

i need help please says https://i.imgur.com/2oHNYDd.png (ModAPI Launcher not detected)
also unlike everyone else i have the latest gog version and modapi updated
only one mod witch is dark mod and i am loading from modapi desktop shortcut
still getting this message :?
Aarsh
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Aarsh »

Aarsh
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Aarsh »

how to fix this problem?????
Griz
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Griz »

Ive downloaded Dark Injection and it shows this whenever I try to open the Spore modAPI launcher
https://ibb.co/myXr6pJ
Cornucopia
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Cornucopia »

(obligatory "I made an account just to ask one question" comment)

Alrightie, so I was able to get the ModAPI to work with every mod EXCEPT for ones that much be launched via the Launcher (aka Dark Injections, in this case)

Whenever I launch the game after installing Dark Injections, it tells me to launch the game via the ModAPI. Which... I'm already doing. When I uninstall Dark Injections, Spore opens fine. It will run all my other mods except Dark Injection, which is a pain since I love to use Dark Injections for infinite complexity (and I do not believe there's a working mod out there for just that, if there is that please tell me lol)

For some more information: I am using the Steam edition of Spore, have both DLCs, and have used Dark Injections just fine on Spore before. This only began happening after I had wiped my computer (to fix some technical issues), reinstalled API and Spore, and I attempted to use the API after a reset (yes, it was working fine until I reset my computer for a Windows update. Thanks, Windows!). I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the API, Spore, and Dark Injections before, however this didn't change anything. Can't really find anymore comments about some sort of issue similar to this...
Nekit007
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore ModAPI Error when launching the ModAPI Launcher

Unread post by Nekit007 »

So when i launch the launcher i get those 2 error boxes and then it opens the game. But when it opens the game it tells me to launch the launcher or seek assistance on this website so thats what i do xd
Attachments
UnbenanntError1.PNG
Error2.PNG
Error2.PNG (3.21 KiB) Viewed 4508 times
Fran the Enby Folk
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Fran the Enby Folk »

Cornucopia wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:39 pm (obligatory "I made an account just to ask one question" comment)

Alrightie, so I was able to get the ModAPI to work with every mod EXCEPT for ones that much be launched via the Launcher (aka Dark Injections, in this case)

Whenever I launch the game after installing Dark Injections, it tells me to launch the game via the ModAPI. Which... I'm already doing. When I uninstall Dark Injections, Spore opens fine. It will run all my other mods except Dark Injection, which is a pain since I love to use Dark Injections for infinite complexity (and I do not believe there's a working mod out there for just that, if there is that please tell me lol)

For some more information: I am using the Steam edition of Spore, have both DLCs, and have used Dark Injections just fine on Spore before. This only began happening after I had wiped my computer (to fix some technical issues), reinstalled API and Spore, and I attempted to use the API after a reset (yes, it was working fine until I reset my computer for a Windows update. Thanks, Windows!). I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the API, Spore, and Dark Injections before, however this didn't change anything. Can't really find anymore comments about some sort of issue similar to this...
So, I've been having the same issue, as long as most of the posts in here and what i did was add the modapi launcher to steam and apparently worked:

The option is on the bottom left corner, you select "add a non-steam game..." and then browse for the launcher and the just start it from steam (i added the original, not the shortcut, idk of it works with the desktop shortcut), make sure to remove admin privileges from steam and then it should work.

I hope it works for everyone else.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”