Error Code 5

Welcome to DavoOnline.com!
Let us know what you are about or check out some of our partners!
MotokoHammond
Hatchling
Hatchling

Error Code 5

Unread post by MotokoHammond »

The game launches fine threw normal means, but when launching the Mod API to use Dark Injection I keep getting Error Cod 5. Any fix for this? Sometimes the game loads up threw the Mod API, but most of the time it wont saying that the Mod API failed to do some runtime thing incorectly. I have tried reinstalling the mod API and it didnt help.

For reference I have the game installed threw steam.

Here is the error codes I am getting. I even tried reinstalling my Spore, reinstalling the Mod API, reinstalling both, restarting my computer just for further reference.

LunyTerror
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Error Code 5

Unread post by LunyTerror »

I had this issue too but fixed it by placing the Spore ModAPI files in the spore folder like this:
Attachments
Spore_Mod_Error_Fix.PNG
LunyTerror
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by LunyTerror »

Update: After downloading another mod I get the same error message again. Uninstalled the new mod but I still get the same error message.
Attachments
Spore_Mod_Error_Message.PNG
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Steam Spore and the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit don't play well together because of Steam's DRM. I recommend you migrate to GoG or Origin Spore. (you can't migrate to Origin for free now though, so your best option is to buy GoG Spore instead)
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
ZoeyHannah
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ZoeyHannah »

These kinds of reviews are really only useful if you're interested in the casual side of the game -- campaign and skirmishes -- and if we're being honest here (as opposed to pre-order evangelists) then the PC Gamer and the PC Invasion (in particular) pieces are the fairest so far. Read them all the way through instead of basing your decision on the score like an illiterate pleb or you'll deserve whatever you get. The other reviews I read (only read English ones) the journalists didn't even properly research the game and they're talking out their asses.

On the other hand if you're interested in the competitive/multiplayer side of the game then these reviews are pretty useless. Go look through the Steam reviews to find someone who's reviewing from this perspective, or better yet watch some pro streams and VODs and make up your own mind. AoA deserves that much from you at least. Also realize that it's early days and there's no telling how the MP will mature over time, though in my worthless opinion the current indicators augur well.

Wait and see... i'll try to update with the most serious sites https://best-minecraft-servers.co/ i know about. please do the same with your best and respected sites.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DavoOnline.com & Company”