Spore ModAPI

Download tools like Sporemaster and get the latest patches.
snozzzz
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby snozzzz » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:01 pm

rob55rod wrote:...okay...there goes that hypothesis. What mods do you have installed, currently?


i'll just take a convenient screenshot for ya of the .package ones, and the ones using the .sporemod file are snekygraphics, enchanced color picker, and upi

Image

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 pm

SophieChan wrote:Don't use the Steam version of Spore.

but how do i NOT use the steam version?[/quote]
Transfer your keys to Origin, backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, then install Origin Spore in its place.

I'm sorry I can't currently provide a more reasonable solution. Maybe someday...


snozzzz wrote:
rob55rod wrote:...okay...there goes that hypothesis. What mods do you have installed, currently?

i'll just take a convenient screenshot for ya of the .package ones, and the ones using the .sporemod file are snekygraphics, enchanced color picker, and upi
Image

That...disproves my next hypothesis as well...okay, can you show me the entire contents of the folder from which you ran that batch script I gave you earlier?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

SophieChan
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:09 am

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby SophieChan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:38 am

rob55rod wrote:
SophieChan wrote:Don't use the Steam version of Spore.

but how do i NOT use the steam version?

Transfer your keys to Origin, backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, then install Origin Spore in its place.

I'm sorry I can't currently provide a more reasonable solution. Maybe someday...


snozzzz wrote:
rob55rod wrote:...okay...there goes that hypothesis. What mods do you have installed, currently?

i'll just take a convenient screenshot for ya of the .package ones, and the ones using the .sporemod file are snekygraphics, enchanced color picker, and upi
Image

That...disproves my next hypothesis as well...okay, can you show me the entire contents of the folder from which you ran that batch script I gave you earlier?[/quote]

now that i don't have the steam version installed it just comes up with these errors
error.png
error 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:22 am

SophieChan wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Transfer your keys to Origin, backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, then install Origin Spore in its place.

I'm sorry I can't currently provide a more reasonable solution. Maybe someday...


now that i don't have the steam version installed it just comes up with these errors
error.png
error 2.png

Walk me through exactly what you did. Everything. In as much detail as possible.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

SophieChan
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:09 am

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby SophieChan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:44 am

rob55rod wrote:
SophieChan wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Transfer your keys to Origin, backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, then install Origin Spore in its place.

I'm sorry I can't currently provide a more reasonable solution. Maybe someday...


now that i don't have the steam version installed it just comes up with these errors error.pngerror 2.png

Walk me through exactly what you did. Everything. In as much detail as possible.


Well i deleted steam as you said and redownloaded the origin version too, then i installed the ModAPI, installed dark injection and used the ModAPI launcher. it did say that i had to update the modAPI so i did and then it told me to download something for the origin version too so i did that. be aware i also did run all the ModAPI stuff as administrator

User avatar
KamekMagikoopa
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby KamekMagikoopa » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello, everyone! So, I'm experiencing the Steam Spore issue as well, and according to this thread I'll have to get Spore on Origin instead. My question is what version of Spore should I purchase: the Core version, C&C, GA, or all three? I had all three versions on Steam, and many of my creations use C&C parts. Does GA come with the C&C parts, or is there a mod with the C&C parts, or will I just have to buy both DLCs?

User avatar
KamekMagikoopa
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby KamekMagikoopa » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Never mind, I'm an idiot and didn't realize I had to download Core Spore as well. Hopefully now my problems will be fixed.

snozzzz
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby snozzzz » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:36 am

rob55rod wrote:That...disproves my next hypothesis as well...okay, can you show me the entire contents of the folder from which you ran that batch script I gave you earlier?


here ya go
Image

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:04 pm

snozzzz wrote:
rob55rod wrote:That...disproves my next hypothesis as well...okay, can you show me the entire contents of the folder from which you ran that batch script I gave you earlier?


here ya go
Image

...okay. That disproves my previous hypothesis, but has also lead to another one.

Uninstall all of your mods, then reinstall all of them through the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer, regardless of how you installed them previously. Multiple selection was added recently, so that won't be nearly the hassle it would've been a few months ago.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

snozzzz
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby snozzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:18 pm

rob55rod wrote:...okay. That disproves my previous hypothesis, but has also lead to another one.

Uninstall all of your mods, then reinstall all of them through the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer, regardless of how you installed them previously. Multiple selection was added recently, so that won't be nearly the hassle it would've been a few months ago.


same thing. although this time with the forcedwindowedmode.bat it stays up for longer and even loads in the spore cursor, but its still black and then it crashes

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 pm

snozzzz wrote:
rob55rod wrote:...okay. That disproves my previous hypothesis, but has also lead to another one.

Uninstall all of your mods, then reinstall all of them through the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer, regardless of how you installed them previously. Multiple selection was added recently, so that won't be nearly the hassle it would've been a few months ago.


same thing. although this time with the forcedwindowedmode.bat it stays up for longer and even loads in the spore cursor, but its still black and then it crashes

Okay...here's another idea. Press WIN+R, type "%appdata%\SPORE\Preferences". This will open a folder with a file called "Preferences.prop" in it. Move (not copy) that file to another location far away from that folder. Then use the batch script I gave you. Tell me whether or not that does anything useful.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

snozzzz
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby snozzzz » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 am

rob55rod wrote:Okay...here's another idea. Press WIN+R, type "%appdata%\SPORE\Preferences". This will open a folder with a file called "Preferences.prop" in it. Move (not copy) that file to another location far away from that folder. Then use the batch script I gave you. Tell me whether or not that does anything useful.


no luck, same thing, although now it runs in full screen with the batch for some reason

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:56 am

snozzzz wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Okay...here's another idea. Press WIN+R, type "%appdata%\SPORE\Preferences". This will open a folder with a file called "Preferences.prop" in it. Move (not copy) that file to another location far away from that folder. Then use the batch script I gave you. Tell me whether or not that does anything useful.


no luck, same thing, although now it runs in full screen with the batch for some reason

...hmmmmmm...show me your Spore ModAPI Easy Uninstaller and all of the mods listed within it.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

snozzzz
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby snozzzz » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 pm

rob55rod wrote:...hmmmmmm...show me your Spore ModAPI Easy Uninstaller and all of the mods listed within it.


Image

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:12 pm

SophieChan wrote:Well i deleted steam as you said and redownloaded the origin version too, then i installed the ModAPI, installed dark injection and used the ModAPI launcher. it did say that i had to update the modAPI so i did and then it told me to download something for the origin version too so i did that.

Are you sure you uninstalled Steam Spore in its entirety before installing Origin Spore in its place, and not after?


SophieChan wrote:be aware i also did run all the ModAPI stuff as administrator

DO NOT explicitly run any of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit programs as Administrator. They'll request administrator privileges automatically when they're needed.


snozzzz wrote:-image snip-

...you...have several of the base game packages installed through your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Yeah that's...not exactly a good sign. Show me your Galactic Adventures Data folder. Do not re-send the same screenshot you sent before.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Omnaror
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby Omnaror » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 pm

So uh, what do I need to do to get this working?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snozzzz
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby snozzzz » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:08 pm

rob55rod wrote:...you...have several of the base game packages installed through your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Yeah that's...not exactly a good sign. Show me your Galactic Adventures Data folder. Do not re-send the same screenshot you sent before.


oof okay uhhh forgive me for being stupid but where exactly is that? im using steam btw.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:42 pm

snozzzz wrote:
rob55rod wrote:...you...have several of the base game packages installed through your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Yeah that's...not exactly a good sign. Show me your Galactic Adventures Data folder. Do not re-send the same screenshot you sent before.


oof okay uhhh forgive me for being stupid but where exactly is that? im using steam btw.

You sent a screenshot of it earlier...remember this image?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

snozzzz
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby snozzzz » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:28 pm

rob55rod wrote:You sent a screenshot of it earlier...remember this image?

ooooh ok sorry im dumb lol

Image

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:40 am

Omnaror wrote:So uh, what do I need to do to get this working?

Just don't use Steam Spore.


snozzzz wrote:ooooh ok sorry im dumb lol

-image snip-

...that folder should not be that close to empty. You're missing a portion of the game itself. At this point I can't imagine how the game wouldn't crash.

Did you...delete all of the files in that folder, or move them all to another location, or something of the sort?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.


Return to “Tools & Patches”