Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
Yoshla
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by Yoshla »

Hi! Happy to see this thread still gets answers, so hopefully I can get one now. I run the Installer kit and have the files in front of me, but when I click "edit" to see where exactly the launcher is from the desktop icon, it just shows where the temporary files are, or what I'm assuming are the temporary files made by the installer. When I open the game, it says "ModAPI Not Found, so maybe I'm not opening the right launcher?

EDIT: I have the Origin versions of Spore, GA, and C&C packs. Had the afterthought of adding that info just now.

EDIT 2: Here's the image. Might help.

Apocalyptichorse
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Apocalyptichorse »

Alright, I figured out what was causing the issue, it turns out I hadn't patched GA, had to do a clean re-install but it works just fine now :D so guess that is my advice if someone has issues, make sure you Patch both spore and GA before using the modapi
Arieltna
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Arieltna »

Hello.

I'm having problems getting the Spore ModAPI Launcher to work.

Whenever I try to run the Launcher, I get a series of errors, which I have attached to this post. Also, Spore GA fails to run via the Spore ModAPI Launcher.

My installed mods are CamBen Color Pack v3, The Smoother v2, Enhanced Color Picker, and Force Save. I would also like to install Pandora's Toolbox and the latest version of Dark Injections. However, I do not think any of these mods are causing the problem, as the Launcher fails to launch Spore GA even when I do not have any mods installed.

Can anyone please help me? I would like to play with more mods.

Edit 1: I installed and play Spore, Spore C/C, and Spore GA via physical discs. Also, I use a portable USB DVD ROM Drive to play Spore GA on my laptop, as my laptop does not have a built-in DVD ROM drive.
2019-05-21.png
2019-05-21 (2).png
2019-05-21 (1).png
Last edited by Arieltna on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GabrieleTheMan
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GabrieleTheMan »

I have the same problem of opening and not letting me enter!
Hello everybody and welcome to my DavoOnline.com Forum Account!

Youtueb Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOScsP ... sK7PrkyqHA
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Arieltna wrote:My installed mods are CamBen Color Pack v3, The Smoother v2, Enhanced Color Picker, and Force Save. I would also like to install Pandora's Toolbox and the latest version of Dark Injections. However, I do not think any of these mods are causing the problem, as the Launcher fails to launch Spore GA even when I do not have any mods installed.
Agreed, I highly doubt that the mods are at fault here.
GabrieleTheMan wrote:I have the same problem of opening and not letting me enter!
Alright...are you seeing any error messages? And if so, can you please provide screenshots of them?

Also, can both of you please tell me where you bought and installed Spore from? (e.g. Origin, Steam, GOG, physical disks)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
DuverZavr
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DuverZavr »

I have a problem, when i open spore mod launcher, it writes me that i cant drag PNGs of creatures to load them to Spore because i run it as administrator and when i load creature i cant open spore launcher.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DuverZavr wrote:I have a problem, when i open spore mod launcher, it writes me that i cant drag PNGs of creatures to load them to Spore because i run it as administrator and when i load creature i cant open spore launcher.
Don't run the Spore ModAPI Launcher as Administrator.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
DatGuard
Hatchling
Hatchling

Help

Unread post by DatGuard »

Help with that please I wanna play
Attachments
Caapture.PNG
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Help

DatGuard wrote:Help with that please I wanna play
I can't really help you if you don't actually tell me what the problem is. When did this error appear? Is this a reoccurring problem, or have you only seen it once? Have you previously used the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, or did you just install it? Has this problem only just appeared recently, or have you always faced it?

GabrieleTheMan
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Arieltna wrote:My installed mods are CamBen Color Pack v3, The Smoother v2, Enhanced Color Picker, and Force Save. I would also like to install Pandora's Toolbox and the latest version of Dark Injections. However, I do not think any of these mods are causing the problem, as the Launcher fails to launch Spore GA even when I do not have any mods installed.
Agreed, I highly doubt that the mods are at fault here.
GabrieleTheMan wrote:I have the same problem of opening and not letting me enter!
Alright...are you seeing any error messages? And if so, can you please provide screenshots of them?

Also, can both of you please tell me where you bought and installed Spore from? (e.g. Origin, Steam, GOG, physical disks)

I play the game from Steam, i can't unistall the Mods and even play even if i launch from the launcher! :(

GabrieleTheMan
Cell
Cell

Yoshla wrote:Hi! Happy to see this thread still gets answers, so hopefully I can get one now. I run the Installer kit and have the files in front of me, but when I click "edit" to see where exactly the launcher is from the desktop icon, it just shows where the temporary files are, or what I'm assuming are the temporary files made by the installer. When I open the game, it says "ModAPI Not Found, so maybe I'm not opening the right launcher?

EDIT: I have the Origin versions of Spore, GA, and C&C packs. Had the afterthought of adding that info just now.

EDIT 2: Here's the image. Might help.

I can't play Spore due to the error message that forces to close Spore and doesn't let you play! :( I even can't unistall the Mods, are like stuck! :(

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GabrieleTheMan wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I play the game from Steam, i can't unistall the Mods and even play even if i launch from the launcher! :(
Oh, you're using Steam Spore? That would probably explain why this is happening. Fortunately, in most cases, Steam users can obtain the Origin version of Spore, free of charge, by transferring the Steam keys to Origin. Mind you, you may have to contact EA support to do this. Once you've done so, just backup your creations and save data, uninstall the Steam version of Spore, and then install the Origin version of Spore. You'll likely need to re-install your mods after doing so, mind you.

LennalthVista
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by LennalthVista »

I'm having some trouble, installing mods etcc works fine, but when I try to launch the modapi it asks for the galactic adventures disk (which is weird since I use Origin) did I install the wrong luncher somehow or is there a way to make it launch my game through origin instead of asking for a disk?
DatGuard
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DatGuard »

rob55rod wrote:
DatGuard wrote:Help with that please I wanna play
I can't really help you if you don't actually tell me what the problem is. When did this error appear? Is this a reoccurring problem, or have you only seen it once? Have you previously used the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, or did you just install it? Has this problem only just appeared recently, or have you always faced it?
I've never played Spore Modded I installed it installed the mod and since the first time I launched it kept having that message over and over again not letting me into the game telling me to quit and get support
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LennalthVista wrote:I'm having some trouble, installing mods etcc works fine, but when I try to launch the modapi it asks for the galactic adventures disk (which is weird since I use Origin) did I install the wrong luncher somehow or is there a way to make it launch my game through origin instead of asking for a disk?
That's a bug in GA itself, actually. I can't recall the last time I've heard of it though, nor how it was resolved...

DatGuard wrote:I've never played Spore Modded I installed it installed the mod and since the first time I launched it kept having that message over and over again not letting me into the game telling me to quit and get support
Oh. Hmm...seeing as you're using the Steam version of the game, you may have better luck with the Origin version. Luckily, it's usually possible to transfer your Steam Spore keys to Origin (though you may have to contact EA support to do so). After that, just backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, and then install Origin Spore in its place.

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution to offer at this time.

JordanB500
Cell
Cell

Unread post by JordanB500 »

Hey i started moving my programs from my d drive to c drive and so i tried to resetup the spore mod api using the new directory but i dont see any options and i even checked to make sure the config files have been altered to reflect the change but opon loading and reslecting the location of the spore_ep1 folder i get an error "Configuration Script Failed [2000]" Could not find a needed package. "The data directory is missing or corrupt.[1004]"

and this was after i installed a fresh copy of Spore ModApi also i noticed a lot of .pdb files which confused me so idk what to do i removed all of the mods from the installer and from the spore folder itself before continuing

Edit:nvm this is actually a problem with spore itself which is just great ya know after i fix this i will start over
LennalthVista
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
LennalthVista wrote:I'm having some trouble, installing mods etcc works fine, but when I try to launch the modapi it asks for the galactic adventures disk (which is weird since I use Origin) did I install the wrong luncher somehow or is there a way to make it launch my game through origin instead of asking for a disk?
That's a bug in GA itself, actually. I can't recall the last time I've heard of it though, nor how it was resolved...

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution to offer at this time.
Ah I see, kind of anoying, since I was hoping to play with mods but it keeps asking that, and I tried starting it normally on origin which does work. yet when using ModAPI launcher it does ask for a disk, and looking into the ModAPI files didnt really show an option to change anything. :cry:
KoFF
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by KoFF »

hi all, i am having a problem with my launcher because it says the steam version im on is not supported despite me supposed to be having a gog version that i downloaded from fitgirl,i have tried to update to 1.5.1 but it just says that i need spore to update spore, i can't think of anything else to try and fix this. So if anyone knows how, will you help me please?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LennalthVista wrote:Ah I see, kind of anoying, since I was hoping to play with mods but it keeps asking that, and I tried starting it normally on origin which does work. yet when using ModAPI launcher it does ask for a disk, and looking into the ModAPI files didnt really show an option to change anything. :cry:
...okay, that's just weird...

KoFF wrote:hi all, i am having a problem with my launcher because it says the steam version im on is not supported despite me supposed to be having a gog version that i downloaded from fitgirl,i have tried to update to 1.5.1 but it just says that i need spore to update spore, i can't think of anything else to try and fix this. So if anyone knows how, will you help me please?
I presume this "Fitgirl" you speak of isn't GOG? Go buy Spore and GA. We don't support piracy. (and don't buy them on Steam if you want any of this to work)

LennalthVista
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:...okay, that's just weird...

Is there a place where I can find the solution? since I don't really understand why people don't just make a troubleshooting thread where they can place all solutions they found. Safes a lot of trouble both for yourself and those who may get the same issue in the future, because its kind of insane that I can't point the ModAPI towards the correct loading area, since it obviously seems to think I need the dvd while I can easily load it on origin without such so this would have to be on the ModAPI side wouldn't it? because i'm quite confused right now.

Its a bit weird how I get some odd bug that nobody knows how to fix or heard about.

MODERATOR EDIT: Problem was later resolved on Discord.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”