Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
skyeAge
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by skyeAge »

when i try to launch the spore modapi launcher i get spore modapi launcher.dll not detectet do u kow what i can do to fix this

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Wandering_Mania wrote:Edit: Is there even any point to reporting this stuff any more? And if any one actually helps, which I doubt, as it seems no one is paying attention to this any more, here is a few answers to some basic questions.
Yes I have a Steam version. No, I'm not going to switch it over to an Origin install, if you can't program the thing to work with every legal version then that is on you. I have both expansion packs. And I'm running Win10. The thing randomly works. Right after I originally posted this it worked again. But after I closed out the game we where back to the same old spam of errors.
Actually no, it's not "on us" that the DRM used by Steam Spore interferes with the process. I've been looking for potential ways to overcome this since the problems first became known, and I'm still looking for such a solution...though at this point, the likelihood of that ever happening seems to grow slimmer with every passing day. Reality is, if you want this to work right now, you shouldn't be using the Steam version of the game. I don't like it any more than you do, but at least for the time being, that's how it is...in spite of our best efforts.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kirasar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kirasar »

I miiiiight have installed an "arrr matey" version of GA, would this pose any issues when messing around with modding my copy? :? :shock:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kirasar wrote:I miiiiight have installed an "arrr matey" version of GA, would this pose any issues when messing around with modding my copy? :? :shock:
We don't support piracy. Go buy the game.

EDIT: I'd recommend not buying it on Steam if you want any of this to actually work.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
abacusyay
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by abacusyay »

Is there a version that doesn't require Galactic Adventures?
Alexjohnson
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Alexjohnson »

It implies you have to dispatch the game utilizing the Spore ModAPI launcher rather than from steam. web designer in sharjah The reason being Dark infusion's fresher variants utilizes ModAPI to do some stuff so it can't work without it.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

abacusyay wrote:Is there a version that doesn't require Galactic Adventures?
Ever since the March 2017 patch, we've needed GA to modify certain files.
So unfortunately, that will never happen unless EA releases a patch to remove this weird behaviour.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VanillaCold wrote:
abacusyay wrote:Is there a version that doesn't require Galactic Adventures?
Ever since the March 2017 patch, we've needed GA to modify certain files.
So unfortunately, that will never happen unless EA releases a patch to remove this weird behaviour.
Vanilla, none of that has anything to do with the Spore ModAPI. Please check your facts before responding.

Reality is, the necessary research to create the Spore ModAPI Development Kit is and continues to be a massive undertaking. Supporting Core Spore would double this workload. That just isn't fair to Emd, especially considering how small the market for Core Spore-compatible mods is. As such, he decided to only support GA, and I'm completely with him on that decision. Without Core Spore support from the Spore ModAPI Development Kit, the Spore ModAPI Launcher is incapable of being made compatible with Core Spore, and as such, there's really no reason for the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit as a whole to provide mod installation support for Core Spore either. If you want to use mods, you'd be best off to just buy GA. (But not on Steam)

guxxtav0
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by guxxtav0 »

:di: i can't open the mod API,it says "a mod is not work correctly".It is after i placed dark ijection.HELP ME PLEASE
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

guxxtav0 wrote::di: i can't open the mod API,it says "a mod is not work correctly".It is after i placed dark ijection.HELP ME PLEASE
Can you please post a screenshot of this error?

K1llersaur
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by K1llersaur »

The launcher has some issues with not fully opening and making steam think it's open completely jamming my computer until I end a bunch of tasks.
I am also having somewhat unrelated crashes from saving and switching menus
What :ex:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

K1llersaur wrote:The launcher has some issues with not fully opening and making steam think it's open completely jamming my computer until I end a bunch of tasks.
I am also having somewhat unrelated crashes from saving and switching menus
Yeah, Steam Spore is known to be...problematic. I've yet to find anything by way of a proper solution, leaving only an ugly workaround of "transfer your keys to Origin, backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, then reinstall through Origin" :/

snozzzz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by snozzzz »

got this when trying to launch, what happened? previously it worked, but all i had done was change the graphics settings.
snozzzz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by snozzzz »

snozzzz wrote:Image
got this when trying to launch, what happened? previously it worked, but all i had done was change the graphics settings.
ok well now instead of that its launching and saying "configuration script failed," the game launches for 2 seconds with a black screen, and then closes
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

snozzzz wrote:
snozzzz wrote:Image
ok well now instead of that its launching and saying "configuration script failed," the game launches for 2 seconds with a black screen, and then closes
Download this file, move it to your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit install directory, then run it. Let me know if that does anything useful, or if you need a hand along the way.

If that does fix the problem, then congratulations, you've come across a fairly common issue with Spore itself. If not, then...we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

snozzzz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by snozzzz »

rob55rod wrote: Download this file, move it to your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit install directory, then run it. Let me know if that does anything useful, or if you need a hand along the way.

If that does fix the problem, then congratulations, you've come across a fairly common issue with Spore itself. If not, then...we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
ok well so i put that in my directory (as in right in the mod api launcher kit folder, right?) and it still did the same thing. configuration error, launched and stayed there for slightly longer this time with a black screen, and then closed
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

snozzzz wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Download this file, move it to your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit install directory, then run it. Let me know if that does anything useful, or if you need a hand along the way.

ok well so i put that in my directory (as in right in the mod api launcher kit folder, right?) and it still did the same thing. configuration error, launched and stayed there for slightly longer this time with a black screen, and then closed
...okay...there goes that hypothesis. What mods do you have installed, currently?

SophieChan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SophieChan »

Yo i can't get it to work i keep getting this error
error3.png
error3.png (3.55 KiB) Viewed 6861 times
error2.png
error2.png (3.52 KiB) Viewed 6861 times
error.png
what do i do?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SophieChan wrote:Yo i can't get it to work i keep getting this
-images snip-
what do i do?
Don't use the Steam version of Spore.

SophieChan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SophieChan »

rob55rod wrote:
SophieChan wrote:Yo i can't get it to work i keep getting this
-images snip-
what do i do?
Don't use the Steam version of Spore.
but how do i NOT use the steam version?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic