Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
judith_iscariot
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection v7.0.0 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by judith_iscariot »

Hmm ... I hadn't really given limitless bounds much thought. I haven't needed them before, but I suspect that's because it wasn't there to begin with. The constant zooming in and out and selecting/deselecting a part is sort of a pain. But creating outside the boundaries might be fun once I got my brain around it. I'd also hate to deprive someone of it if they wanted it.

I take it it's not possible to separate it out as a stand-alone mod whose file could be removed if we didn't want to use it? If not, then I think other people need to chime in.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

well, i may remove it, ill let it sit for another day.

in the meantime....

lets soak up its glory....
xDoomsoulx wrote:Ooga Booga!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxhoCbb44cE[/youtube]
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

might I make the suggestion to make the infinite bounds a separate mod that is compatable with dark injection (so you'd have the 2 packages). while I like the general freedom the infinite bounds gives, it makes it very difficult to do the little adjustments I like to do on my creatures. also, when trying a gigantic creation(most parts at max size in editor) in the creature stage, it was scaled down to regular creature size with the gigantic stride(looked like it was doing a strange long jump between steps)

I know the infinite bounds/complexity already has it's own mod, I just don't know if it would have no conflictions with DI.

(PS. my creation was still huge in the editor)

minor side note, the load screen still says "Dark Injection 6.0.1" when I start my game (and yes I removed the old package)
judith_iscariot
Cell
Cell

Or perhaps a version 6.9.9 (or 7.0.0a) that has the complexity, square handle, and limitless height. Then those of us who don't use it as much could just swap out the packages when we wanted to work on that scale.

I feel very conflicted. Doom's creature is indeed glorious but, outside of the occasional dragon, kaiju, or Harryhausen creature, I don't see myself using it that much. And everything is much harder when working on normal scale ... breaking off/placing partial limbs, detailing, shaping ... just having to zoom in and out and/or select and deselect after every single little change you make to the creature. It really is tiresome.

Yet I also can't envision a world without work like Doom's you just posted. (sigh)
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

Davo,

is it necessary to have the infinite bounds in order to have the square and power handles?
olajdzija
Cell
Cell

Unread post by olajdzija »

does anyone know a fix for the animation glitch other than re installing the game, that never works for me
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Snaid1 wrote:might I make the suggestion to make the infinite bounds a separate mod that is compatable with dark injection (so you'd have the 2 packages). while I like the general freedom the infinite bounds gives, it makes it very difficult to do the little adjustments I like to do on my creatures. also, when trying a gigantic creation(most parts at max size in editor) in the creature stage, it was scaled down to regular creature size with the gigantic stride(looked like it was doing a strange long jump between steps)

I know the infinite bounds/complexity already has it's own mod, I just don't know if it would have no conflictions with DI.

minor side note, the load screen still says "Dark Injection 6.0.1" when I start my game (and yes I removed the old package)
judith_iscariot wrote:Or perhaps a version 6.9.9 (or 7.0.0a) that has the complexity, square handle, and limitless height. Then those of us who don't use it as much could just swap out the packages when we wanted to work on that scale.

I feel very conflicted. Doom's creature is indeed glorious but, outside of the occasional dragon, kaiju, or Harryhausen creature, I don't see myself using it that much. And everything is much harder when working on normal scale ... breaking off/placing partial limbs, detailing, shaping ... just having to zoom in and out and/or select and deselect after every single little change you make to the creature. It really is tiresome.

Yet I also can't envision a world without work like Doom's you just posted. (sigh)

well, the same line of code that allows the bounds also makes the handles really large.
i think for the sake of DI i will remove the bounds and keep the height infinite.

making a compatible mod is out of the question as you can see.

expect 7.0.1 in a few...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Davo wrote:
Snaid1 wrote:might I make the suggestion to make the infinite bounds a separate mod that is compatable with dark injection (so you'd have the 2 packages). while I like the general freedom the infinite bounds gives, it makes it very difficult to do the little adjustments I like to do on my creatures. also, when trying a gigantic creation(most parts at max size in editor) in the creature stage, it was scaled down to regular creature size with the gigantic stride(looked like it was doing a strange long jump between steps)

judith_iscariot wrote:Or perhaps a version 6.9.9 (or 7.0.0a) that has the complexity, square handle, and limitless height. Then those of us who don't use it as much could just swap out the packages when we wanted to work on that scale.

well, the same line of code that allows the bounds also makes the handles really large.
i think for the sake of DI i will remove the bounds and keep the height infinite.

making a compatible mod is out of the question as you can see.

expect 7.0.1 in a few...
For 7.0.1, could U PLEEZ give the Creature Editor the Captain Editor Musik, Not Spaceship?

That. Would. PWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
judith_iscariot
Cell
Cell

Thanks, Davo. I hope it won't negatively impact other creators very much. =∫

EDIT 2/8/11: I just tried the invisilimb glitch and it doesn't seem to work. I'm assuming that's because the "floor" is gone for everything but the feet, so you can't position the tail of the body on the floor? Has anyone got it to work? If so, is there anything different that needs to be done. I know it can be tricky, but I've never had any problems with it before.

Don't think it's a big deal. The other creatures with invisilimb I've opened work fine in 7.0 so I can always revert to 6.0.1 when I need to use invisilimb. It may not have unlimited complexity, but there certainly is a great deal more.
lobbie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by lobbie »

Hi, I have a question and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I installed all files correctly and haven't used any other mods (recently re-installed the game). Everything works fine except for in the creature creator. When I add parts and is going to rotate/stretch them the arrows and circles that appear are huge! This makes the camera zoom out way back so editing becomes really hard. Especially when putting on and rotating small parts.

This only happens when I'm using the creature creator "out of the game" and then it also has a space BG instead of the normal one (I guess it's supposed to be like that though). Whenever I'm actually playing spore and is "in the game" so to say the editor works fine and there's the normal forest BG. But then the complexity mod doesen't work...

This error only happens when making creatures that are above cell level.

All help and tips on this are greatly appreciated
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

lobbie wrote:Hi, I have a question and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I installed all files correctly and haven't used any other mods (recently re-installed the game). Everything works fine except for in the creature creator. When I add parts and is going to rotate/stretch them the arrows and circles that appear are huge! This makes the camera zoom out way back so editing becomes really hard. Especially when putting on and rotating small parts.

This only happens when I'm using the creature creator "out of the game" and then it also has a space BG instead of the normal one (I guess it's supposed to be like that though). Whenever I'm actually playing spore and is "in the game" so to say the editor works fine and there's the normal forest BG. But then the complexity mod doesen't work...

This error only happens when making creatures that are above cell level.

All help and tips on this are greatly appreciated
It's part of the mod. the huge arrows & circles are a side effect of the infinite bounds feature that was included. the Camera zoom problem is also related to the same thing. the space stage BG is also this mod.

in short, it's supposed to happen this way with DI 7.0.0
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection v7.0.1 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

In 7.01, almost all the feet glithc up like that eye back in 5.2 (they float under the dias and cannot be deleted unless I restart the game)!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
lobbie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by lobbie »

rob55rod wrote:In 7.01, almost all the feet glithc up like that eye back in 5.2 (they float under the dias and cannot be deleted unless I restart the game)!
Yes that happens to me too. There are some feet that works, but most of them just snaps away whenever I try to attach it to the creature, and then appears under it. They cannot be deleted and appear and disappear all the time. If I try to attach more feet, they kinda "pile up" just at the bottom instead.

There's a huge improvment on the circles and arrows when rotating and stretching parts though :) Now those appear at normal size so no more irritating far-off camera. Rly good work on that!
judith_iscariot
Cell
Cell

Wow, that was fast! Thanks, Davo.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

lobbie wrote:
rob55rod wrote:In 7.01, almost all the feet glithc up like that eye back in 5.2 (they float under the dias and cannot be deleted unless I restart the game)!
Yes that happens to me too. There are some feet that works, but most of them just snaps away whenever I try to attach it to the creature, and then appears under it. They cannot be deleted and appear and disappear all the time. If I try to attach more feet, they kinda "pile up" just at the bottom instead.

There's a huge improvment on the circles and arrows when rotating and stretching parts though :) Now those appear at normal size so no more irritating far-off camera. Rly good work on that!
let me look at that for you guys.

@ judith: it would have been sooner, but the skyrim creation kit was released, and i had to try it out.
still trying to find time to get on it, but dont want to leave you guys hanging. please let me know of other bugs you see. dont worry that you keep posting the same thing. i am just busy, but always check the forum and reply.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

ok, redownload darkinjection, the filename will be the same, but it has been changed. let me know of the results.
judith_iscariot
Cell
Cell

Lol, Davo. I only wish other software giants (cough, EA/Maxis, cough) were as responsive -- or, you know, responsive at all.

Thanks to everyone who restrained from calling me an idiot regarding the invisilimb. I completely forgot about all the invisible limbs in the mod. =p
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

The creature preview is bugged up.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

well post a pic fungus, i have no issues there.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Itz...PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Xept 4 the lack of DS textures & paints)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”