Hero Editor not working after updating ModAPI

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=174
MewtwoFanz
Creature
Creature

Hero Editor not working after updating ModAPI

Unread post by MewtwoFanz »

I updated ModAPI to the latest version recently, while Dark Injections was installed. I NEVER had this problem until now, but somehow, when I updated it, the Hero editor background stopped working. Even though it's set to the Hero Editor, it instead gives me the Core Spore Editor. Even with other editors it changes them to core spore, too (Yes, I made sure). I really want the Hero Editor working again, It's my favorite editor. If anyone can help me find a solution to this glitch, that would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading.

:di:
"Watashi wa Dare da?"
~Mewtwo, from
Mewtwo's Counterattack (Mewtwo Stikes Back, Japanese Ver.)

My Spore Username is: MewtwoAmberLove1
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Hero Editor not working after updating ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

What other mods do you have installed?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MewtwoFanz
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:What other mods do you have installed?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j8q1Guoji3dtZ8zh8

Here is a full list of my currently installed mods. I have installed a few new mods since the last time you helped me (Thanks Again!).

Btw, apparently when I just opened the uninstaller to obtain the screenshots, it told me there is another new update, and it asked me if I wanted to install it. I decided not to for the time being, just so I don't accidentally make the problem worse.
"Watashi wa Dare da?"
~Mewtwo, from

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MewtwoFanz wrote:

Here is a full list of my currently installed mods. I have installed a few new mods since the last time you helped me (Thanks Again!).
Mystery probably solved: Uninstall Advanced CE.
MewtwoFanz wrote:Btw, apparently when I just opened the uninstaller to obtain the screenshots, it told me there is another new update, and it asked me if I wanted to install it. I decided not to for the time being, just so I don't accidentally make the problem worse.
If uninstalling Advanced CE resolves the problem, then you can - and should - definitely update.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MewtwoFanz
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
MewtwoFanz wrote:

Mystery probably solved: Uninstall Advanced CE.
MewtwoFanz wrote:Btw, apparently when I just opened the uninstaller to obtain the screenshots, it told me there is another new update, and it asked me if I wanted to install it. I decided not to for the time being, just so I don't accidentally make the problem worse.
If uninstalling Advanced CE resolves the problem, then you can - and should - definitely update.
Hey, I uninstalled advanced ce, and updated ModAPI, and somehow, it worked! Thanks again for your help!
"Watashi wa Dare da?"
~Mewtwo, from

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MewtwoFanz wrote:Hey, I uninstalled advanced ce, and updated ModAPI, and somehow, it worked!
No surprise there. When two incompatible mods are installed simultaneously, uninstalling one of them tends to help. (Yes, I'm implying that DI and Advanced CE are incompatible, unfortunately.)
MewtwoFanz wrote:Thanks again for your help!
No problem.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”