Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Dark Injection v7.0.5 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by Vallachan »

one time i found a file referencing to those rw4's inside the animations~ folder, probably why the paint xmls tell it to look for the paint file in animations~ . i'm going to try to find the file again. also that info was helpful, thanks.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
kyozo43
Cell
Cell

Unread post by kyozo43 »

This has nothing to do with the colouring editing of DI, but I want to know if you guys happen to have a working ForceSave Package File that works with SporeGA on steam. Seen as though you guys frequent on this topic, I thought it best to post a comment here. I just want to play with darkspore parts.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I made a new way to paint your creatures! with this, vocalswap, and my vertebrae morphing parts, you can have almost complete control over your creature! :D

It basically lets you paint more than one layer of coat or detail onto your creature, and have multiple colors. it gets pretty glitchy if you use it ingame and you have too many colors.

here's a vid:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HO1k1dqbVc&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

is that from adding a missing texture?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

ya, i made it be a base so it would take on the texture of the other paints you assign, and it works pretty well.

EDIT: more pics.
Spore_2012-08-01_17-56-40.png
4 colors, red, green, blue, yellow, purple.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

So... I've gotten most of the weapons and creature parts with their original textures, though there are some blaster weapons, some blades, and a few creature parts I can't find the textures to due to their simplicity... But just so you all don't think I'm just letting this update fester:

The proper paints lack the detail they have in Darkspore, so I aim to fix this...

Swamp Beast:

BEFORE

AFTER

Red = BASE
Green = COAT

No DETAIL coloring yet.

Other paint schemes.

Feedback appreciated.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

pretty awesome work man, we know you are busting sassafrass.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I think that looks even better, well made.
Davo wrote:pretty awesome work man, we know you are busting sassafrass.

ZenParadox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ZenParadox »

Man, screw what I said previously, those are awesome!

I have question regarding it: are you actually editing the part texture so that it enables those areas with Coat/Detail colors? Is that even remotely possible with Core Spore parts?
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

ZenParadox wrote:Man, screw what I said previously, those are awesome!

I have question regarding it: are you actually editing the part texture so that it enables those areas with Coat/Detail colors? Is that even remotely possible with Core Spore parts?
It's quite possible, and yes that is what I'm doing. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Here's some more:

Orichalapper:

Dovakraw:

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

HelmoChipChop wrote:It's quite possible, and yes that is what I'm doing. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Here's some more:

Orichalapper:

Dovakraw:

How close are we to the next version of DI? I wish I could help, but I only have a mac. :?
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unfortunately might not be for a bit, I did find the majority of the textures but I want to touch some up so they actually look like they would if they had the glow and animating textures which is why I'm redoing their tint masks.

Okay this one actually didn't have a tint mask so I had to create this one all on my own, tell me what you think.

Wyveriangler:

Also gave the diffuse an actually colored mouth interior (tongue, gums, etc.) and I'm probably going to do that fore each head, going to get rid of those huge black squares in their mouths.

Crits appreciated.
ZenParadox
Cell
Cell

Also gave the diffuse an actually colored mouth interior (tongue, gums, etc.) and I'm probably going to do that fore each head, going to get rid of those huge black squares in their mouths.
Oh yes, please do.

Loved the details in the front teeth, and the speckled pattern at th top is also great.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Yes, and give the cell mouths unique voices if you can :)
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

camben wrote:ya, i made it be a base so it would take on the texture of the other paints you assign, and it works pretty well.

EDIT: more pics.
Spore_2012-08-01_17-56-40.png
4 colors, red, green, blue, yellow, purple.
I found out that the texture gets cleared on those creatures after you restart the game. so, that isn't going in an update or a real mod i guess.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

I just want to say that...

The "Rockiteye" part crashes the game. :c

Also, is it possible to import DS music into SPORE?
ZenParadox
Cell
Cell

Speaking of eyes, may I make a suggestion? I remember that one guy that several posts ago suggested creating a separated tab for Core Spore eyes whose textures were updated for Darkspore; is the opposite possible too? I mean, making a separated tab for Darkspore eyes whose textures you coul modify to have irises and pupils? Anything from slit, round or oddly shaped pupils.

As much as I like Darkspore's eyes I think it would be nice to have them blend better with "normal" creatures too
Battlefield
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Battlefield »

Hey. I got the Dark Injection mod, and of course, the parts turn up invisible. I searched some of the pages to see if I could find solutions to others problems, but after a few pages I got lazy... So I got it, and there was my problem. I tried the SPORE update 5.1 to see if the problem was that the game itself wasn't compatible with it. I got it, but it still wouldn't show. :cry: So, I do not know how I am going to fix this problem, I want to say that may be the Dark Injection mod I got only came with the 2012_DarkInjection_v.7.0.1.PACKAGE Did I perhaps get the wrong download? Is it a fake? WHAT SHOULD I DO??? As I have DialUp, it'd be nice if I could fix it by maybe messing with a few files, gettin a few small things off the internet (20mb downloads here take like 2 hours) but if I need to I can/will get something bigger next time I go to my grams or the church and I will stick it on a flash drive. HELP ME PLEASE! :shock:
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

When will it download?
A lot to improve yet?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Battlefield wrote:Hey. I got the Dark Injection mod, and of course, the parts turn up invisible. I searched some of the pages to see if I could find solutions to others problems, but after a few pages I got lazy... So I got it, and there was my problem. I tried the SPORE update 5.1 to see if the problem was that the game itself wasn't compatible with it. I got it, but it still wouldn't show. :cry: So, I do not know how I am going to fix this problem, I want to say that may be the Dark Injection mod I got only came with the 2012_DarkInjection_v.7.0.1.PACKAGE Did I perhaps get the wrong download? Is it a fake? WHAT SHOULD I DO??? As I have DialUp, it'd be nice if I could fix it by maybe messing with a few files, gettin a few small things off the internet (20mb downloads here take like 2 hours) but if I need to I can/will get something bigger next time I go to my grams or the church and I will stick it on a flash drive. HELP ME PLEASE! :shock:
Geez man, where did you download that file from?

The current file is 7.0.5

goto http://www.davoonline.com/sporemods

it requires 2 files to work.
please tell me where you downloaded that, and be sure to actually read the page.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”