Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection v7.0.5 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by dumsquirrel »

Woot! The Origin version works like a charm. I guess I'm just going to uninstall the Steam one and use the Origin one. Never thought I'd say that! Thanks for your help GBAura! The link to the Origin reminded me that I could just transfer it all to Origin. This took forever, but I finally found a means of doing it!

Schwarznebel
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Schwarznebel »

Is it already known that the Necro wing is only defect in the editor and does work in the preview-window as well as ingame? I'm playing with a creature that has these wings and they work just fine. As I'm new here and haven't read the entire thread I'm not sure but I thought it might be worth to be mentioned :'D Sorry if it was already known.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

DumSquirrel: Glad to hear that you got Dark Injection up and running! The Origin thing I stated, it's just I heard it from someone else and I can't confirm it myself since I don't use the program (not a huge fan of EA's other games, seems too realistic for my liking), it's a long story so I won't get into it.

Schwarznebel: It's is a glitch with the model, both Necrowing and Tearoar Print do this, they're fine outside of the editor.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

EA has a lot of different games, I'm not sure what you mean by "too realistic." lol If you are referring to Maxis' other games, then yeah, since they are mostly all sim games, and I can understand that. For some reason I really enjoy the sims though. :D
dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

For whatever reason, the Origin version does the same thing as Steam now. It no longer shows the Dark Injection intro screen and will no longer force save. I don't know what the hell changed.

EDIT:
It's almost as if the Steam version clouded over to Origin, bringing with it the files that stop force save from working. After I uninstalled the Steam version, Origin Spore stopped working, even though they used to be separate files. I got to save two creatures before it stopped working again. I guess I'll reinstall...

EDIT 2:
And now it won't let me uninstall because it says there are expansion packs installed, though I uninstalled them already. I guess I'll restart my computer and wait another 9 hours for it all to install again, in the case that I can manage to uninstall it first. Then hopefully the mod will work again...
dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

Well, my Spore installation is all kinds of messed up. I can't uninstall base Spore from Origins because I apparently still have the expansions, then it says I can't install the expansions because I don't have the base game. I don't understand. It was all working so well, and now I can't even open regular Spore from Origin without it crashing on startup. Something about opening Spore on steam when I had it installed through Origin linked the two installations together and when I uninstalled steam, it broke the installation. I guess I'm done posting. It's all basically gone to hell and is no longer in the realm of the mod, so I don't need to be here anymore. Thanks for your help though, it worked for a bit. :(
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

maybe you could reinstall the steam one? or manually clear all the origin data and reinstall origin?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

I did get rid of the Origin data already and then reinstalled it and that didn't work, but I just reinstalled the Steam one and it is functioning. Now to install the expansions and then the Origin version again. :/ Thanks for the suggestions though. :)
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

EA: "heck their mods." *Creates Origin*
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

HelmoChipChop wrote:EA: "heck their mods." *Creates Origin*
Ditto.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

custom texture? can you possibly tell me where the textures are? (i know how to do everything else)

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

camben wrote:custom texture? can you possibly tell me where the textures are? (i know how to do everything else)
could you possibly tell me how to do everything else?

im just using any texture i find.

bad thing is i can only replace a paint, not make new ones.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Davo wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99NhKFw6LZ4[/youtube]

lol
Only replace a texture? You made the flora textures as new creature textures, can't you do that again?
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

fungus3 wrote: Only replace a texture? You made the flora textures as new creature textures, can't you do that again?
I think Dooweep is the one who did this, as he did a lot of work to push Dark Injection this far for V6, I don't know what happened to him.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Davo wrote:
camben wrote:custom texture? can you possibly tell me where the textures are? (i know how to do everything else)

The Paint XMLs are in #406A0200. if you search the name of the paints, then it brings you to where they are in the pallete.

the thing i need help with though, is how did you replace the texture, and where does the texture need to go?

I know it is on the third, second, or first line down at that bottom section,

i just don't know where you found the textures to edit them. i need that info.
(plz give as much info as possible, i want to put in or replicate/re-create the ds textures.)

HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

Sorry I haven't updated you guys... Just went through a savage bit so I'm trying to push through this mod.

My deepest apologies for the neglect...
Last edited by HelmoChipChop on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

camben wrote:
Davo wrote:

The Paint XMLs are in #406A0200. if you search the name of the paints, then it brings you to where they are in the pallete.

the thing i need help with though, is how did you replace the texture, and where does the texture need to go?

I know it is on the third, second, or first line down at that bottom section,

i just don't know where you found the textures to edit them. i need that info.
(plz give as much info as possible, i want to put in or replicate/re-create the ds textures.)
i know what you are talking about and i am not using any of that.

i am just replacing .rw4 files.

ima post a few pics so you can see what i am doing... give me a sec. i still cannot do what you are talking about.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

this

is this...

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

the .rw4 is what i changed, and to get the new one to change color, the .dds has to be white, all white.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”