Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Dark Injection v7.0.5 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by Davo »

wow. can i request a main site logo haha?

HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

Sure I'll give it a go lol.
Matvakama
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Matvakama »

[looks at Helmo's images]
:shock: :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
Which program did you use? Also, how did you get the images of Mutation Agents, those creep claws and all the other stuff? Luke Harrington's Illustrium? Darkspore Wiki? Some place else? If it is the 3rd, can you please send a link?
You don't know what's to come, do ya? >:)
Bullet23n
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Bullet23n »

Considering the explicit order stated on the download page, I assume that I can't install C&C after GA?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Results may vary
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

I'm so sorry to keep bugging you with this, but there has to be part textures somewhere, at least for the parts the mod uses. I've unpacked every .package file from the Darkspore directory and can't seem to find them. Some Spore god has to know where they are. There has to be a way to edit where-on-what gets painted with whichever paint layer, SOMEWHERE! *Rips hair out*

EDIT

I HAVE DONE IT!

Feast your eyes...

Now I just need to experiment with exact coloring....

I also need some help regarding this.. A majority of the part .DDS files refuse to open, I need someone to find out why, if possible force them to open.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

:!: :!:

My mind is blown, sorry. I need to go pick up the pieces.
Last edited by Vallachan on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Pretty nifty huh?

EDIT

Experimenting with what should be painted with what.

Ex:

Red = Detail color.
Grey = Base color.

Can't figure out what the Coat layer should color on this head since its essentially two colors.

EDIT MkII

Okay figured out exactly how to get the very same DS textures (with their bumpmaps thank god!) onto Davo's parts, but theres an issue:

With a lot of parts only one side colors (head AND leaf on the RIGHT are using correct Darkspore texturing) as you can see with the leaf on the left. Same thing with limbs too. Any help? Thanks mates!
Matvakama
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Matvakama »

HelmoChipChop wrote:Pretty nifty huh?

EDIT

Ex:

Red = Detail color.
Grey = Base color.

Can't figure out what the Coat layer should color on this head since its essentially two colors.

EDIT MkII

Okay figured out exactly how to get the very same DS textures (with their bumpmaps thank god!) onto Davo's parts, but theres an issue:

With a lot of parts only one side colors (head AND leaf on the RIGHT are using correct Darkspore texturing) as you can see with the leaf on the left. Same thing with limbs too. Any help? Thanks mates!
Seriously, WTF?!!!! :o
HOW DID YOU DO THAT? WHICH FILE WAS THE ONE?!!
Davo, you're the boss, you should use the knowledge Helmo gathered and use it in the next DI release. YOU MUST DO IT!!! :ugeek: :!:
You don't know what's to come, do ya? >:)
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Im on my way to work. See you in 8 hours. Im dying to try this
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

That's fantastic, HelmoChipChop! This will definitely improve the part texture variety!
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

EDIT

Ex:

Red = Detail color.
Grey = Base color.

EDIT MkII

How did you do this??? Did you just put all the Darkspore data files into the Spore data folder? Will doing that work if you didn't do that?
snark
Cell
Cell

Unread post by snark »

Davo wrote:Im on my way to work. See you in 8 hours. Im dying to try this
Davo is there a way in the future you can make a mod for galactic adventures were people can remove creature parts from their captains? because if they made a creature with so many creature stuff the complexity meter will be full in the captain editor and there is no way to lower it down.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Can you display a creature with more parts? I would like to see a comparison. Could you pm on how you did this? I would like to try this as soon as im home fromwork.
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. Davo I'll cap a pic of a creature with all the parts i got so far.

EDIT

These are the parts that have the paintability fixed (SO FAR)

Working on this as I type this. Also I am adding the Darkspore spec and bumpmaps to them, to improve the authenticity.

YOU KNOW THE DRILL: Body Left = Untouched paintability /Body Right = Fixed Darkspore paintability

HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

I couldn't bare it any longer, so I fixed the BonyBranch so both sides match, instead of one side looking like a cookies and cream bar. (Sage's legs)

snark
Cell
Cell

Unread post by snark »

SvenLittkowski wrote:I reall like what my eyes see...

Removing parts from a captain? Why not too keep them, but to getrid of the complexity meter? Would be great to be able to build complex creatures once more! And also to have semi-transparent cell structures, oh yeah!

But back to the subject. I tried DarkSpore Injection, but nothing changed in Spore. Will have to figure out, what went wrong...

That is 10 times better ! the meter in galactic adventures is bullshit.It would be better to remove it I have a cool creature and i don't want to take parts off it. Idk how we are going to remove it though.. It's said that it's hard coded or something....
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Matvakama wrote:

EDIT

Ex:

Red = Detail color.
Grey = Base color.

EDIT MkII

Davo, you're the boss, you should use the knowledge Helmo gathered and use it in the next DI release. YOU MUST DO IT!!! :ugeek: :!:
PLEASE I BEG OF YOU POST A DOWNLOAD OF THE FIXED DARK INJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

rob55rod wrote:
Matvakama wrote:

EDIT

Ex:

Red = Detail color.
Grey = Base color.

EDIT MkII

PLEASE I BEG OF YOU POST A DOWNLOAD OF THE FIXED DARK INJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes please do that, and also with the new attacks for the dark injection weapons.
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Please forgive me I'm working this as fast as I can, I sent Davo what I have so far and I'm sorry it's taking so long. The way Maxis has packaged the game is very foolish. There is no way of searching for a part's specific texture since they are all packaged with numbers instead of names. I've spent the last few days looking in each folder and matching the textures with the models.

I hope you guys can understand, if you all want I will stop posting images of my progress on this fix. I don't want to tease you guys with something not nearly finished.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”