Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Injection v6.0.1 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by coook11 »

p.d wrote:Well...it kinda worked. I can't get the original colors to show up though. I don't think size is an issue like I said in the last post though.
Where is the texture? I can't really tell...

Signature... there I put a signature
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

the original colors work well using a black base and testing out other stuff.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

camben wrote:the original colors work well using a black base and testing out other stuff.

there are 3 paint options in each of the parts code. leaving 2 blank and 1 as the model paint makes the original unpainted color appear, just dont remember which one, dooweep may remember.

i originally used building paint in v1. until i discovered that i can use the model itself to paint the parts.
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

coook11 wrote:Where is the texture? I can't really tell...
If the texture wasn't there. You would just see a skin pattern over the entire part.
grindstone
Cell
Cell

Unread post by grindstone »

Davo wrote:Rename the arenas packages to

- ZArenasRDX9.package
- ZArenas_textures.package

and copy to the SPORE/Data folder
wait. are all four Packages going to have the 'Z' in them
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by coook11 »

grindstone wrote:
Davo wrote:Rename the arenas packages to

- ZArenasRDX9.package
- ZArenas_textures.package

and copy to the SPORE/Data folder
wait. are all four Packages going to have the 'Z' in them
No
Signature... there I put a signature
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

camben wrote:Dark injection is great, but I have had to do a little modifying to fit my liking.
Spoiler
renamed some parts; gave grox parts original names
I admit that the naming I did isn't all that great (it was extremely painful for me to rename like about 650 parts and change the duplicate names for Core Spore, especially the deadline for V.6) though the reception of DI is still going strong.
also:
patch 5 isn't required. I'm using patch 4 and it seems to work fine.
For some odd reason, DI crashed for me when I run it with Patch 4 and take it to the Creature Editor.
I tried taking the normal spore part models out of arenas_rdx9, but when I packed it the size increased!

anyone know why?
It could be that the file was greatly compressed so it seems that the file is smaller but if you open it, all the data has been uncompressed and it showed off it's true size. This is the same thing that happened to me when I was working around and trying to fix the C & C eye models so that when DI is on, the pupils won't disappear (though the transition is unsuccessful so far, doe to glitches and how SporeMaster won't unpack the BoosterPack file correctly). We modders seriously need SporeMaster to be upgraded, just like how Heinermann did it one time, though the SporeMaster he had is now lost.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, I do have suggestions on how we can improve Dark Injection, though the ideas I have had nothing to do with the Darkspore textures that many people wished to have in normal Spore. I can research and find out the files but I can't right now.

Fixing part animations: This is something minor but something really helpful in the long run. For some graspers, they don't move at all in-game since the animation code is made for the editor and not in game. For most of the C & C hands, they don't open or close in the test window (where part where you view them before you send them to the editor) but they only move when they do the mating call. However, in some animations, the hands function normally and in-game, the hands are actually in the 'open' position (more notably in GA). Keep in mind that Death Claws does not have this issue and they can be used for research on how to mimic the animation for the other graspers.

This is also a huge issue with the Bot Parts, as the hands don't move at all in-game and the mouth has issues with opening it's jaw in numerous animations, even in-game (this is further proof that the Bot Parts aren't really programmed all to well compared to the other parts made by Maxis).

Make the Bot Mouths Vocal: I know Davo made this mod already but putting this in DI will fix some of the issues with creatures who have on Social options and them making the game crash if you try to ally with them in the Creature and GA phase.

I do have another suggestion though it's the same annoying glitch that was bugging me ever since I came to the forums. If anyone wants to, they can tell me if I should explain this to the programmers since they know more than I do.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

explain everything you can!
frostwalrus75
Cell
Cell

Unread post by frostwalrus75 »

davo!
I've dected the next bug!
Every my creatures are wlaking weird! :(

This is my last post even i wroten!
Plesase davo block me!
I leave from this forum! :cry:

Goodbye everyone! :cry:
Stuart98
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Stuart98 »

Oookaay...
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Davo wrote:explain everything you can!
Certainly, Davo. It's the glitch that I was constantly reporting that the details sink into the creature's body when Dark Injection is on. While I don't know how to fix it and whats causing it, I actually had a theory on why this happens, but you can use this advice for further research on how to fix it.
Spoiler
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my eyes, the reason why this glitch happens is because Dark Injection is made to reprogram some of the data in normal Spore in order for the mod to give players more advanced options than the game normally gives you without it. While stats and whatnot is OK since certain mods reprogram the stats and can be fixed if the mod is turned off and put them in the editor, Dark Injection takes this glitch a bit personal and it lasts for quite a bit unless you go into Spore a certain number of times before the values for the part reset to Spore capabilities.

Basically, the detail parts never experience the new changes Dark Injection cause it to and as a result, they simply don't know what to do and they perform a glitch that isn't normal for the person who created the creatures before Dark Injection was installed. It's like Darkspore parts and Core Spore parts are two completely different things, and when DI is on, the data merges with the existing parts. Though most parts are fine since they share the same coding and newer changes can be added on to them without any problems, the detail parts are greatly affected by this (maybe even the eyes though I didn't notice anything wrong with them.)

Let's take a step further back to when Galactic Adventures came out, the captain parts have a square handle and no matter what you do, the parts can be used without any problems; this is because those parts are made like this since development and they already have been coded in such a way that they know what the collision detection is when you place on the part on the creature, and when you use the square handle on them, the box detection doesn't apply to the handle and so the parts can sink into the creature's flesh (or the clothing).

My guess is that the square handle along with the newer coding is causing this since the details parts aren't meant to have this option in the first place, when DI is on, the code for the handles for those parts overwrite the previous code for details without the mod, causing the parts to be out of place.

In the editor, it doesn't look to bad (as you can fix it) but in-game, they look pretty bad.
I can't really finish this whole thing since I'm going to bed, but might as well use the same message while I was beta testing with Dark Injection and chatting with Dooweep, which will sum up the problem (I hope):
Spoiler
The reason why the detail parts sink is because the new code for the parts in the mod overwrites or fuses the old code. It means that in the Pre DarkInjection phase (before it's installed), the detail parts already know where it's position should be; just on the creature's skin where it collides, nothing else. This is the normal code that all the detail parts follow before the mod is active. When the mod is installed, the new code takes over the old one, causing glitches to occur to the creatures with detail parts. However, each creature with detail parts works differently depending on what you do with the creature when the mod is active or not.

In the Dark Injection phase (where the mod is installed and you play the game with it like normal) and when you make a creature with the detail parts or edit it to look right, uninstall the mod and go back to the game, nothing really happens to it but when you put the mod back in, nothing happens to it as well. This is because the detail parts got the new code in place and nothing major happens to it.

Now, the new code for the Dark Injection allows the Square Handle to be activated on the detail parts, which is the same one that the Captain Editor uses. Since this is the first time it ever happened to the detail parts since they never used this before, the game doesn't know how to treat the old creatures along with the creatures who where made in the Dark Injection Phase. However, the Square Handle is NOT causing this glitch at all, it's something else. Why do I know this? It's because even though the Square Handles aren't activated unless you go into the Captain Editor first, the glitch still takes effect, which I'll explain in the next paragraph.

During the Dark Injection phase, the game immediately learns how the new Creature editor works but it doesn't know what to do with the old creatures that is made during the Pre Dark Injection Phase. This means that since the detail code was overwritten or changed, the game believes that the detail parts now has a new position, causing the parts in sink into the creature because it thinks that the default position for the detail parts is when you push the Square Handle for the down, but to us, it isn't. This glitch only happens when the Pre Dark Injection Creature is viewed in-game but if you don't bring a Pre Dark Injection Creature in-game, uninstall the mod and look at it, nothing happens to it. Post Dark Injection Creatures that is made during the mod effect won't have this problem since the game's learns the edited detail parts and can to used however the players want without any issues. Think of it as the Pre Dark Injection Detail Part doesn't have the new code, tries to get it but it screws up and you either have to fix the detail part's position, swap out the old part with the new part, or just uninstall the mod and wait.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

[quote="GBAura"][/quote]

i have a different theory, but with some of the same views in mind.

i feel the issue is somewhat to do with the captain handles, but also, the parts are from darkspore, and their files .rw4(the models) were imported into darkspore at a different scale. if this isnt the case, then the problem is directly related to the square handles, or that the .xml files per part come scaled differently.

i had an idea on how to get the square handles into the main creature editor, guess i need to wipe the skyrim off of spore and give it a try.
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

No, I'm pretty sure this is related to the square handles. I have the same problem too with some of my creatures made before I installed Dark Injection. Sometimes the handles show up and you have to extend them to their limit in order to get the part back to it's original place. But most of the time, the handles don't show up at all. Then again, I am using an older version of the mad which I tweaked to my liking...
Sokol
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sokol »

not work :(
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

get the hell out of here with that "dont work" crap. you most likely put as much effort into the mod as you did in that reply. so i will tell you again, i dont care my dude.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Davo wrote: i have a different theory, but with some of the same views in mind.

i feel the issue is somewhat to do with the captain handles, but also, the parts are from darkspore, and their files .rw4(the models) were imported into darkspore at a different scale. if this isnt the case, then the problem is directly related to the square handles, or that the .xml files per part come scaled differently.

i had an idea on how to get the square handles into the main creature editor, guess i need to wipe the skyrim off of spore and give it a try.
What I mostly meant is that when Dark Injection is installed into the data folder, the detail parts sink because of the square handles. You could be right about why this glitch is happening.

Also, I have another suggestion on how to fix some of the issue with Dark Injection, but I forgot about it until now.

Recently, I was digging around the files and I tried to fix the pupils with the C & C eyes because the models in Darkspore deleted those features. I took the models from the Creepy and Cute file and replaced the ones in Dark Injection, though the transition wasn't all that successful. The left eye is pretty glitchy as it doesn't blink, they turn into the creatures main colour in the editor (not in the texturing step or the test drive) and while the pupil is back, the other eye doesn't. Davo, if you want, I can send you a PM so I can tell you what I found in the files and explain some data I discovered, so you can handle these issues better since you and the other members on the forum are more skilled than I am.

I do know that there are animations within the files but I pretty much forgot to put them in.

Stuart98
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Stuart98 »

Davo, could you take "Sauginaughty" mouth, clone it, retexture the clone, and change it to a grasper(strike 3, srasper, pose 1)?
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Stuart98 wrote:Davo, could you take "Sauginaughty" mouth, clone it, retexture the clone, and change it to a grasper(strike 3, srasper, pose 1)?
You mean to make it like the Willosaur hand? That thing was already made in one of the part mods at Sporebase, I can't remember which one it is though.

Keparia
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Keparia »

This looks cool and all, but everytime my download of the .zip file for darkspore is finished, I try to extract it and a pop-up says: "C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorDesktopDarksporeSetupFull.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". I have winrar and 7-zip, so why is this not working for me?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

try WinRAR or Winzip
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”