Dark Injection Sporepedia Problems

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Dark Injection Sporepedia Problems

Unread post by Snaid1 »

Not sure where else to post this so here it goes. I'm trying to download the creations from the Dark Injection Sporepedia here at DavoOnline.com, and can't seem to get the creations into my game. I have the Dark Injection Mod installed and working correctly. I've tried downloading the picture into "My Spore Creations" Folder as well as just trying to drop it into the editor.
Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

PS. Fantastic Job on the Mod so far Davo!

Stuart98
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Dark Injection Sporepedia Problems

Unread post by Stuart98 »

What happens when you drag and drop?
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

it says "This creation cannot be loaded"
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

what version are you using?
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I'm using dark injection version 5.2 on Spore GA following you're setup guide(patch 5.1). I also tried downloading the creation I uploaded(created with DI 5.2 installed) and have the same problem. so it's either me, or the DI sporepedia. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

are you saving the black bacground pics? you need to save the creature once you have clicked on the image as far as it would take you.

basically, click the pic until its the only thing on the screen
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I'll double check that and let you know how it goes, thanks.

Edit: I was using the black background pics, but I still have the same problem with the White background pics. doesn't show up in the sporepedia when saved to my spore creations and won't load when I use Drag & Drop. If it makes a difference, I tested it with the creations "Abbadon" and "Robocyde". (Robocyde won't drag and drop, I didn't save it since I made it and the original still works.)

Edit 2: Still having the problems with the DI sporepedia, but was able to get toon2's avatar which is a DI creation he said I could download.

Edit 3:still not sure what's wrong, but I tried downloading the creations on another computer and transferring them to my spore computer with a flash drive and they worked. I guess it's just something my computer doesn't like about the DIS. thanks for all the help everyone.

Edit 4(is there an edit limit?): for anyone having this problem. I was able to solve it completely by downloading the creations (white background) onto my computer and then drag & dropping the downloaded file into the editor. since I tried it that seems to be the only method on my spore computer that works with every creation I try to download. Thanks again for the help and I hope this thread helps anyone else having a problem.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Snaid1 wrote:I'm using dark injection version 5.2 on Spore GA following you're setup guide(patch 5.1). I also tried downloading the creation I uploaded(created with DI 5.2 installed) and have the same problem. so it's either me, or the DI sporepedia. Is anyone else having the same problem?
I am. [Head EXPLODES]
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

lol snaid1, glad it worked. i have no problem with you making new post, if you edit the existing one, i will never see it. new post will notify me and i will see them, sorry if it looked as if i were ignoring your question.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

no problem. all my edits were made within 24 hours of the post so no worries.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

U said click on the black bkgd pix until I see white ones, but after I click 2X, it just says "Do you want to save _________ from davoonline.com?" and if I hit Save, it saves it in FILE fromat. Yep, Just what I said. FILE format.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

save them as whatever.png

then drag them into spore.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:save them as whatever.png

then drag them into spore.
doesn't load. they R still Blak bkgd pix

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

you need to click the picture until it isnt a black background
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

rob55rod. I clicked the image until it gave me the white background pic. then I did the steps I mentioned in my post above(the one with all the edits.) Take a look and see if that has anything that could help you.

(if you're having trouble finding it, it's here:
http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewto ... iew=#p5437
)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”