Interesting Mod Ideas

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
windsaver
Cell
Cell

Interesting Mod Ideas

Unread post by windsaver »

Before I go into any detail, some of the are most likely impossible, if not all.....

1. Translucent Skins/Paints
Good: Well I know it was said before but yes, this would make creatures and maybe even windows on buildings looks a bit more interesting and realistic. Digging through the .package files must at least contain a setting for this.
Bad: Well for one, this would mean that you would see some mess ups in buildings through windows. Also Due to a alack of a real skeleton on creatures if a whole creature is painted it would look like it was boneless. Also I remember Void was working on some creatures textures a long time ago...

2. Fur
Note: I found this in #406A0200
Spoiler
It doesn't really seem like it's relevant but who know... I know that fur was originally meant to be implemented but got cut due to the deadline and speed of the rendering. But I would make the game allow for more realistic mammals and birds.
Note: The Files have been confirmed to be irrelevant for it so I guess the best thing would be to make a fur part.

3. Cell 'Quests'?
Yeah seems like a long shot but in the cell.locale package i was looking at the stage and found Some things showing Some '[NOT IN USE]' Quests....
Spoiler
Cell locale not in use.png
Edit1: 4. Blood
I Realized that we can get darkspore things in spore. But Maybe push it further than just parts. I know darkspore has blood, and personally i like the effect, I think there is a package containing the blood files and I was wondering if it were possible to fin it and mod it for spore. I'll see if I can find the file but it may take a while

Well that's all I have for now. I may find some mroe thins as I look into more packages. But Yeah... Enjoy :P
Last edited by windsaver on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image Image
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Interesting Mod Ideas

Unread post by p.d »

I don't really get what your saying with the fur thing. There are 2 decent fur textures in the game already....

As for the transparency, the only thing I could think of is to use texmod to change the opacity of the textures, but I think the parts themselves have a built-in opacity. You might be able to change that in a 3d editor.

On other thing I could think of is making the stealth effect permanent. But i have no idea where to start with that one,
windsaver
Cell
Cell

I was just thinking about the opacity being built-in so I had the same idea as you.

Also for the fur thing I meant more like this
http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Quills
http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Fluffy

I think the stealth won't blend very well with other parts, as it's wouldn't be smooth when transition to non stealth part.
Image Image Image Image
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

Hi.

Interesting thing. Fur. I didn´t notice that.

I have ready a skin mod for darkinjection. This one includes the cell and flora skins for creature editor paint palette. I´m gonna take a look for these fur one(s) and maybe I can include them into the mod.
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

Nah, I checked and...

That file (shortfur) and other (longfur) are already used in the game. Exactly are base skins, page 1, 6th (short fur) and page 3, 9th (long fur). Not the fur you´re looking for (as showed in the images)
windsaver
Cell
Cell

I assumed so. I think i could attempt to make a fur part, maybe instead of texture.#
EDIT: Updated first post with New Idea.
Image Image Image Image
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

I looked at the blood idea, I think that already exists as a texmod file. Lemme find that...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mndkmmjkvyd

Try this, it changes the backgrounds in the editors, but also adds the effects you are talking about.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you need texmod to use it, so download that too.
devilcoook11
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by devilcoook11 »

Why do you need blood!?! It's pointless spore isn't suppose "realist"
windsaver
Cell
Cell

I don't need blood. I simply want to know how much darkspore and spore can add to each other. We already Know that some attacks and many parts can work so why can't other things. I see no reason why there shouldn't be something which just adds an effect. If you don't like it, no need to download it.... Simple.
Image Image Image Image
windsaver
Cell
Cell

I just came up with a couple of things

1. Not asking for the whole thing but just simply the look of the old creature editor.
Like this:
Spoiler
I have been trying to use texmod but as it does not really outline how to change the textures I have no idea how to reimport the new ones i made.

2. I know Dooweep told us how to change the Grox to any species of our choice. I also know that for some reason the cell coding is not there.... Which can;t be true as the game wouldn't have the stage without the code.
The cells, if their found within the coding or in the pollination folder could be edited in the same way and replaced.

Just throwing things out there at the moment :P
Image Image Image Image
Wolvesbane
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Wolvesbane »

How about a zoo which you can give plants, animals, mini displays for vehicles and buildings from other planets? Also, a feature that says package plant such as placing it in a box which can be taken into a building in the city. Beaming down into your city could allow you to enter this building and see the creatures and plants that you have captured in your travels.

The ability to beam down whenever you want. Except on planets with a T0 atmosphere not without the appropriate gear.

Museum for all of your collectibles. Including a statue of you and a display case for all of the badges.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”