plant stage

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
kalen123312
Creature
Creature

plant stage

Unread post by kalen123312 »

play as 100% plant can you do it?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: plant stage

Unread post by Davo »

how about 90%?

in this video, the 4 branched plant body is a part ripped straight off of the trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fMLGUaD-9g
UltimateSpore
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by UltimateSpore »

I know how to create plant-creatures. I dont think its possible for a plant stage. :)
Creator of the mod 'BetterCreature'[/font]
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

Plant stage...that sounds kind of boring...

I assume you would just keep hitting a button labeled "photosynthesis"
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by coook11 »

Lol "press" "press" "press" yay i beat the stage
Signature... there I put a signature
UltimateSpore
Tribal
Tribal

p.d wrote:Plant stage...that sounds kind of boring...

I assume you would just keep hitting a button labeled "photosynthesis"
LOL, yes thats kinda boring its hint says : GRow up and get a creature eating your fruit.
Drop your fruit and make a new plant''''
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

Alternatively, plant stage could be all about your root structure, drawing different paths to get to the richest pockets of nutrients, and as you do that your roots split apart, creating dozens, then hundreds of different root paths to follow, all while your plant self grows larger and larger.
A plant stage could be fun ;)
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by coook11 »

Well ya I was comenting on what p.b. said so it could maybe be fun
UltimateSpore
Tribal
Tribal

oh, Kaos. you just gave me an ideá. But i dont think i can modify spore like that...
"Spore Flora Stage Edition"
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Kaos wrote:Alternatively, plant stage could be all about your root structure, drawing different paths to get to the richest pockets of nutrients, and as you do that your roots split apart, creating dozens, then hundreds of different root paths to follow, all while your plant self grows larger and larger.
A plant stage could be fun ;)
this would be a good idea!
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

Of course, part of any plant stage would have to be evolving natural defenses against predators, evolving to a larger canopy to allow for a larger root structure and more ability to reach the sunlight.
Since plants can't really be a "Stage" per se (as all of the stages are for different parts of evolution of a creature), but it certainly could be a standalone side part of Spore. Imagine your creature exploring a planet populated by your plants. It would give the plants in the game much more of an interesting feel!
Of course, if you were to go this path you'd also have to go for a Water Stage and an Insect stage, to flesh out the environment more. Sim everything, Spore is not. If we could make it that way, that would be WAY cool. It's not, though, and that's okay.
I would love it if Spore could be modified to overhaul quite a few things, actually, but I want to start (relatively) small. Right now I just want vehicles to be more interesting.
As of the Dark Injection, I think we have creature parts preeeetty well under control. You can make just about anything you want, and lots of people know how to create additional parts from scratch, if they should want to. I would like to see, however, a further expansion into vehicle parts and abilities. I mean, c'mon. Right now, vehicles are only a danger in adventures in a huge grouping of them. What kinda bull is that? Vehicles should be able to plow through the captains like nobody's business.
I dunno, I just want Captain Editor-esque parts for the Vehicle editor right now.
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by coook11 »

The vehicles could maybe kill you if the are very fast and when their slow the could like stop moving in front of you if you don't like this that's fine just an idea
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

Haha, I think it's a decent idea, but perhaps we could make them a bit more interesting than just making them "faster". Though that is one of the problems, that they freeze in place when they start firing at stuff.
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by coook11 »

Oh and maybe you could change the weapon because a missile!? really I've never seen a car shoot a missile maybe change the weapon to like a laser or something
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

Precisely. Changes like that would be exceptional for the vehicles.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Kaos wrote:Haha, I think it's a decent idea, but perhaps we could make them a bit more interesting than just making them "faster". Though that is one of the problems, that they freeze in place when they start firing at stuff.
resident evil syndrome, lol...
coook11 wrote:Oh and maybe you could change the weapon because a missile!? really I've never seen a car shoot a missile maybe change the weapon to like a laser or something
this could be possible. i havent looked, but maybe the parts can function like creature parts.
UltimateSpore
Tribal
Tribal

so, why not make a new spore game? also editing all the files to create a plant stage :D
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

UltimateSpore wrote:so, why not make a new spore game? also editing all the files to create a plant stage :D
:lol:
Though that would be fun, NONE of us here could pull of creating a game at the complexity level of Spore, just by ourselves. We could take a crack at it, but it would take us YEARS.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Kaos wrote:
UltimateSpore wrote:so, why not make a new spore game? also editing all the files to create a plant stage :D
:lol:
Though that would be fun, NONE of us here could pull of creating a game at the complexity level of Spore, just by ourselves. We could take a crack at it, but it would take us YEARS.

i'd love to try, but like kaos said, its far too impossible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”