New Editor Backgrounds- Over 30 new backgrounds for the Creature Editor play mode! (Updated: 19/5/23)

Various editor modifications are found here.
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: New Editor Backgrounds mod (Updated: 6/4/19)

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

Hightlyze wrote:wait can i actually do it on the editor itself?
I'm not sure what you're referring to. As I said, if you want to uninstall the Dark Injections editor background, you gotta use ModAPI's Easy Uninstaller. Again, you'd be better off asking in the Dark Injections thread, as this thread is for a different mod entirely.

Anyway, here's a video of my current progress on Paranoid_Modder's request!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA07PONA4_A[/youtube]

Hightlyze
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Hightlyze »

I-am-THEdragon wrote:
I'm not sure what you're referring to. As I said, if you want to uninstall the Dark Injections editor background, you gotta use ModAPI's Easy Uninstaller. Again, you'd be better off asking in the Dark Injections thread, as this thread is for a different mod entirely.

i can only use it in test drive. Is this only for the test drive?
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Hightlyze wrote:i can only use it in test drive. Is this only for the test drive?
Yes, they are only testdrive backgrounds. they surely would be usable for build and paint mode as well but this mod doesn't allow that.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

Hightlyze wrote:
I-am-THEdragon wrote:

i can only use it in test drive. Is this only for the test drive?
woaaah!! :o that looks incredible!! i cant wait to try that out! thank you so much :D
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Ooookay so! I've decided to go and pretty much overhaul the space/nebulae background I've been working on. I've ditched the use of Spore textures for this one because they have a nauseatingly small resolution and looked like a mess sorta haphazardly strewn about the scenery. Instead, I've gone the cheap route and used ~stock images~ from a couple of different free CC0 image sites. I've found that this way I get much higher-resolution images that don't look abysmal in my background, and my result much more closely resembles Paranoid Modder's example images!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPCLUWMJQFs[/youtube]

Paranoid, you did seem to really like the original version I did, and I feel a bit like a dummy for not saving a copy of that version, but I hope this version works better for you or at least as good as the first. :)
(I can redo the first version if you prefer that though! I still have the texture files I used for it.)
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

I-am-THEdragon wrote:Ooookay so! I've decided to go and pretty much overhaul the space/nebulae background I've been working on. I've ditched the use of Spore textures for this one because they have a nauseatingly small resolution and looked like a mess sorta haphazardly strewn about the scenery. Instead, I've gone the cheap route and used ~stock images~ from a couple of different free CC0 image sites. I've found that this way I get much higher-resolution images that don't look abysmal in my background, and my result much more closely resembles Paranoid Modder's example images!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPCLUWMJQFs[/youtube]

Paranoid, you did seem to really like the original version I did, and I feel a bit like a dummy for not saving a copy of that version, but I hope this version works better for you or at least as good as the first. :)
(I can redo the first version if you prefer that though! I still have the texture files I used for it.)
Oooh it’s no problem at all! I actually like this one much better. You did well by using other textures then the spore ones. Really nice job!
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: New Editor Backgrounds mod (Updated: 22/7/19)

Updated with a bunch of Cell Editor backgrounds, plus a few others!
Pinapporaptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Pinapporaptor »

These are awesome!
If you're open to suggestions, how about making the nest from Spore creatures?
Image Image
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Pinapporaptor wrote:These are awesome!
If you're open to suggestions, how about making the nest from Spore creatures?
Image Image
Ohhh I like this idea a lot! Especially since I played Spore Creatures for DS before I got the main game. It would be great if I could find ripped assets from the game somewhere but I doubt it, and recreating it myself will likely be no problem at all.
Ghastil Ender
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ghastil Ender »

Great xd
If you have interesting mods please send me all XD
I don't bite :lol:
Ghastil Ender
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ghastil Ender »

I find it interesting and cute XD
If you have interesting mods please send me all XD
I don't bite :lol:
Enderjed
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Enderjed »

can someone send me a version that does not require mediafire?, I don't want to screw up my PC
I have a decently strong PC

JOIN my discord Server:https://discord.gg/rnRQSkR
(please, I only have 34 members, 7 of which are bots)
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: New Editor Backgrounds mod (Updated: 4/12/19)

Hello everyone! It's been a while and I really should've finished this update long ago, but I lose interest in this project every now and then. But, I know I'll always come back to it later. Today I've updated this mod, coincidentally on the first anniversary of it being posted here!

Here is a link to the updated mod, now on Google Drive instead of Mediafire at the request of Enderjed.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n3NpU ... 1gY3IHiXXi
Enderjed
Creature
Creature

I-am-THEdragon wrote:Hello everyone! It's been a while and I really should've finished this update long ago, but I lose interest in this project every now and then. But, I know I'll always come back to it later. Today I've updated this mod, coincidentally on the first anniversary of it being posted here!

Here is a link to the updated mod, now on Google Drive instead of Mediafire at the request of Enderjed.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n3NpU ... 1gY3IHiXXi
Thank you dearly, beacause mediafire typicly sends me scareware, and Using google drive prevents me having a panic attack, so thank you

I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Enderjed wrote: Thank you dearly, beacause mediafire typicly sends me scareware, and Using google drive prevents me having a panic attack, so thank you
Oh I am sorry to hear that! I haven't encountered this issue myself, but that may likely be because I am using an ad blocker. Are you using an ad blocker? Malware and scareware can in fact be transmitted through adverts simply loading on a page, unfortunately. This has happened to me in the past, even on reputable websites.
Enderjed
Creature
Creature

I have the McAffee adblocker, but mediafire has anti adblock measures built within it

akechi
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by akechi »

If you're still taking suggestions, I'd love to see some of the areas from Spore Hero. It was my introduction to the series and it has a very special space in my heart.
I'd specifically really like to see Moonlight Stoneway or Creature Beach, but any work!
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

I had a couple of ideas for some new backgrounds, if you don't mind me sharing them ^^
My first idea is a very small scene - or even shrink a copy of the original vanilla background, with the idea of making the creature in test drive feel larger/like an epic.
Another idea is some kind of graveyard setup - I'm imagining something like the elephant graveyard in The Lion King, dark and spooky.
Something more on the abstract side - Perhaps something taken out from the galaxy ascension cut-scene you experience when meeting Steve.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

DarkEdgeTV wrote:My first idea is a very small scene - or even shrink a copy of the original vanilla background, with the idea of making the creature in test drive feel larger/like an epic.
Heh...that sounds kinda like the trick I used to visually differentiate the three Plant Editor variants in Branching Evolution...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MilkingChicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MilkingChicken »

Hi, I was just wondering if there's a version of this mod that only includes official Spore backgrounds or unused ones? I think you did a great job on the custom backgrounds, but I'm more of a vanilla Spore kinda guy!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”