Am told to run Spore with the Mod Launcher even though I ran it with the mod Launcher

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
bobtheotakuweaboo
Cell
Cell

Am told to run Spore with the Mod Launcher even though I ran it with the mod Launcher

Unread post by bobtheotakuweaboo »

Opening the mod launcher takes me to cmd.exe, and after a while I get the steam preparing to launch popup. After being taken to my galaxy, I am told to launch the game through my SporeModAPI Launcher. Uninstalling and reinstalling DI does not work. I use Steam for Spore, have GA and the C&C parts pack and a Bot Parts mod(.package file) and DI is in Beta 2 - 3 - 2.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Am told to run Spore with the Mod Launcher even though I ran it with the mod Launcher

Unread post by rob55rod »

Surprising as this may sound...this issue actually has nothing to do with Dark Injection.

Steam Spore has a tendency to mess with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit in some really weird ways. This is one of them. Sadly, I fear the only solution to this is to transfer your keys to Origin, backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, and install Origin Spore in its place, assuming you don't want to pay for a second copy of the game (and obviously it'd be absurd of me to ask you to do that).

I'm sorry I don't have a more reasonable answer to provide.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
bobtheotakuweaboo
Cell
Cell

Re: Am told to run Spore with the Mod Launcher even though I ran it with the mod Launcher

Unread post by bobtheotakuweaboo »

rob55rod wrote:Surprising as this may sound...this issue actually has nothing to do with Dark Injection.

Steam Spore has a tendency to mess with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit in some really weird ways. This is one of them. Sadly, I fear the only solution to this is to transfer your keys to Origin, backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, and install Origin Spore in its place, assuming you don't want to pay for a second copy of the game (and obviously it'd be absurd of me to ask you to do that).

Thanks a ton! The mod is amazing!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

bobtheotakuweaboo wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Surprising as this may sound...this issue actually has nothing to do with Dark Injection.

Thanks a ton! The mod is amazing!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”