three requests - space stage tutorial fix, remove space stage adventures, and any part on anything with a button

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
wrongwarp
Hatchling
Hatchling

three requests - space stage tutorial fix, remove space stage adventures, and any part on anything with a button

Unread post by wrongwarp »

hello! so i have three different requests and i feel a bit awkward asking for this much as my first post, but i haven't seen any of these anywhere and hopefully someone with the know-how is willing to take a shot at them. if any of these already exist and i'm just being a dummy, please let me know!

the first one i kind of really need: a way to either fix or forcibly progress a save game where the spaceship you need to scan to get your interstellar drive in the space stage tutorial doesn't spawn. in one of my save games that i've gotten very attached to, this happened to me and now i'm stuck. admittedly, it was totally my fault because i terraformed all the planets (including the crashed ship one) to t3 on a different save before playing that save file, but... i'm attached to the save and don't want to delete it :'( plus, i know there's people who have this happen to them for no reason, so i think it would be helpful to others too...
there's probably other ways to do this too, but these are the first two i thought of: a space tool that lets you just plunk the crashed spaceship down so you can scan it (potentially dangerous to just let the player have, but i'm not sure?), or a command/tool that either just starts the cutscene and its effects or just gives you the tools the cutscene gives you and forces the mission to complete.
i'm not really familiar with how the space stage handles missions, so i don't know which would be better or if this is even doable. if there's a preexisting way to fix this problem other than starting a new save, though, i'd love to hear it!

the second is (hopefully) simple: removing adventures from specific planets in space stage. i've lost count of how many times i've been sent to a planet for an adventure and it turns out to have a cool spice on it :'( i also remember seeing an empire with a colony on one of them at least once, which could be a big problem if i went to war with them o_o
basically all i want is a way to unflag a planet as an adventure planet once i'm done completing a mission. this could maybe be automatic if possible, but i'd prefer to have the choice of whether or not the adventure goes away. i don't know what else to say for this one, oops!!

the last is creator stuff instead of gameplay stuff. i remember seeing someone else actually mention this in a thread - specifically the old building symmetry mod - exact words being "would it hypothetically be possible to make new mod editor features, like say the ability to attach any part to any other, button controlled?" at the time (2015) it was stated that it'd need "assembly haxx" and so i guess handwaved as impossible at the time, but... while i don't know what all the capabilities of the spore modapi are, i know that the color picker mod is a HELL of a tool (and i don't know how i ever made stuff without it!), and if THAT'S possible i feel the ability to hold a button (like the preexisting asymmetry feature) and place a part on top of any other part is more than doable now!
i've had the eyes on everything mod for a long time, and i love it a lot and use it really often. but all creature parts being stackable by default would obviously be a completely impractical no-go and even the eyes on everything mod sometimes causes difficulties for me, so a toggle button would be an obvious and nice solution. plus, everything i've made with the eyes on everything mod has been totally shareable, so this probably would also be just as sporepedia-friendly.
if i misunderstand the capabilities of the spore modapi or the spore modding community as of current in general, just let me know, but this seems like a plausible and practical solution that a lot of people could make incredible use of.

sorry that this post got so long!!! but hopefully someone will give this a look and consider trying their hand. while the first two are pretty much just bug workarounds i personally want, the last one i feel would be cool and useful for a lot of spore users, not just me ^_^

vanillacold

Re: three requests - space stage tutorial fix, remove space stage adventures, and any part on anything with a button

Unread post by vanillacold »

Request #1 seems pretty easy. A simple cheat code to give the player both the interstellar drive and the mini proton missile.
Request #2 isn't needed, since adventure planets turn back to normal after around 10 adventures.
Request #3 was made a long time ago. It's called "Spore Stacker". You don't actually have to hold any buttons, though.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
wrongwarp
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: three requests - space stage tutorial fix, remove space stage adventures, and any part on anything with a button

Unread post by wrongwarp »

1. it'd have to also complete the mission to allow space stage to progress normally though, wouldn't it? or is the only actual criteria for that mission to complete getting the drive and the missile?
2. i didn't know that, actually! thanks!
3. i'm aware of spore stacker now (i wasn't when i made this topic) though my request still stands to have a way to toggle it in-game. i make use of parts placed right inside other parts quite often, and as cool as being to stack anything on anything else ALL THE TIME is, it definitely gets in the way whenever i'm trying to put one part in another rather than on top of it. i could theoretically turn spore stacker on when i need it, save a wip creation, and then remove the mod and restart spore when it gets in the way, but that would be a NIGHTMARE and totally kill my momentum... x_x if there's a way to do that without having to restart spore every time, that would be just as good as a button toggle, though!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”