Picking up and using objects in Creature Stage

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Nuxx
Cell
Cell

Picking up and using objects in Creature Stage

Unread post by Nuxx »

You know how as a creature in the Creature Stage you can find shells, stones and sticks on the ground and pick them up, then either give them to other creatures as gifts, throw them at creatures, or throw them at fruit to knock them down? Well, in the in-game manual that you access by pressing H, it says that if you find fruit or meat while not hungry, you won't eat it and can carry it around, and even give it to allies to eat with, but in-game this actually isn't possible. What I would want is a mod that allows you to carry food without eating it and share it with others. The manual also mentions flowers, so I also thought other carryable objects could be added, maybe bones or leaves. And I know this is possible because carryable objects already exist in spore, and Davo made a mod that let you pick up, throw and carry smaller animals or babies.

vanillacold

Re: Picking up and using objects in Creature Stage

Unread post by vanillacold »

Save your game while eating food and reload. you'll end up carrying the food.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Nuxx
Cell
Cell

Re: Picking up and using objects in Creature Stage

Unread post by Nuxx »

But then it's just treated as a normal object, like a rock, and can't be eaten until you place it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”