Captain Edit

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
HermanSlug
Cell
Cell

Captain Edit

Unread post by HermanSlug »

So I'm really needing to edit my captain's creature parts (made my species complex up to the hard cap and didn't think about outfits and weapons, oops! :oops:)and I'm sure it's something that others would also find handy. I found this old thread, the mod in here gets you so close but after saving the creature, the game crashes, meaning it doesn't save the changes to the captain. viewtopic.php?t=5930 Wondering if someone could make a new version or fix this old one!

vanillacold

Edit anything glitch

Unread post by vanillacold »

Go into the adventure editor, select the Sporepedia, switch to the Creatures tab and select your Captain. There should be two buttons: Edit and outfit. Click on the edit button to go into the creature editor with your captain.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Marduk
Creature
Creature

Re: Edit anything glitch

Unread post by Marduk »

VanillaCold wrote:Go into the adventure editor, select the Sporepedia, switch to the Creatures tab and select your Captain. There should be two buttons: Edit and outfit. Click on the edit button to go into the creature editor with your captain.
Uh.. yeah... i dont know how to do it, i'm having the exact same trouble with this captain editor, it crashes when saving, but i dont get how to do the things you are saying, srry, English is not my mother tongue... Could u explain it with photos or in Spanish..? please?
Spore Modder and Member of Annunaki Race.

Also, Pls view my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZEvu ... ObnL-fabCw?
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

Marduk wrote:
VanillaCold wrote:Go into the adventure editor, select the Sporepedia, switch to the Creatures tab and select your Captain. There should be two buttons: Edit and outfit. Click on the edit button to go into the creature editor with your captain.
Uh.. yeah... i dont know how to do it, i'm having the exact same trouble with this captain editor, it crashes when saving, but i dont get how to do the things you are saying, srry, English is not my mother tongue... Could u explain it with photos or in Spanish..? please?
i made a video on the process a bit ago. maybe this will help
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WOMytuAKjQ[/youtube]
Marduk
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Marduk »

paranoid_modder wrote:
Marduk wrote:
i made a video on the process a bit ago. maybe this will help
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WOMytuAKjQ[/youtube]
Yeah..! that's what i've been looking for, thank you alot dude! :,D
Spore Modder and Member of Annunaki Race.

Also, Pls view my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZEvu ... ObnL-fabCw?
Zippaheadz
Cell
Cell

Re: Captain Edit

Unread post by Zippaheadz »

I can't get it to work, did dark injection somehow fix the bug? Or are any of my fellow dark injection users getting it to work?
Love, a girl who is way too attached to her spore creatures
HermanSlug
Cell
Cell

I'm hoping to be able to edit my captain in space stage.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

HermanSlug wrote:I'm hoping to be able to edit my captain in space stage.
This does not work on captains, unfortunatly.
HermanSlug
Cell
Cell

paranoid_modder wrote:This does not work on captains, unfortunatly.
Would it be impossible to mod a captain creature parts editor?
HermanSlug
Cell
Cell

dupe post
HermanSlug
Cell
Cell

Failing that, is there any way to extend the hard cap in a way that would let me add outfit parts?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”