Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
Kurisu9O
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by Kurisu9O »

rob55rod wrote:
Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Does this issue occur consistently, or was it a one-off?
It`s appearing every time i try to launch Spore with the Mod API.
...oh...well then. Hmm...

What version of Windows are you using?
Do you have any kind of antivirus software?
I'm using Windows 10 and Malwarebytes antivirus.

Let me insert :di: in yer heart
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Kurisu9O wrote:I'm using Windows 10 and Malwarebytes antivirus.
Try adding an exclusion to Malwarebytes, for the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kurisu9O
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Try adding an exclusion to Malwarebytes, for the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder.
I tried, but nothing changed at all. Maybe i should reinstall Mod API.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Okay...

Alright, what I'm going to suggest next is probably going to sound really stupid, but...
Restart your computer.

I promise I'm not joking...and admittedly I never would've thought to suggest this had it not unexpectedly worked for someone a while back, if that's any reassurance.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kurisu9O
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Try adding an exclusion to Malwarebytes, for the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder.
Okay...

Alright, what I'm going to suggest next is probably going to sound really stupid, but...
Restart your computer.

I promise I'm not joking...and admittedly I never would've thought to suggest this had it not unexpectedly worked for someone a while back, if that's any reassurance.
Ok...

I restarted my PC. Now i have message like that: "Could not execute Spore GA. Process thread could not be resumed.". But thanks god without the path to my SporebinEP1 that i told you earlier. So, maybe i had 2 problems and 1 of them was solved. That's progress (maybe).
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kurisu9O wrote:Ok...

I restarted my PC. Now i have message like that: "Could not execute Spore GA. Process thread could not be resumed.". But thanks god without the path to my SporebinEP1 that i told you earlier. So, maybe i had 2 problems and 1 of them was solved. That's progress (maybe).
Hmm...alright, where did you install Spore from, and when?

Kurisu9O
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:

Uh. Ok that's version from Torrent (pls don't beat me) patched by v1.05.1 with C&C and GA. I installed it year ago, but the mods were working great on it. Yeah, I'm a pirate.

But i tried others with the Mod API and no one of them worked.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kurisu9O wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Uh. Ok that's version from Torrent (pls don't beat me) patched by v1.05.1 with C&C and GA. I installed it year ago, but the mods were working great on it. Yeah, I'm a pirate.

But i tried others with the Mod API and no one of them worked.
Well then...

...we'll talk further once you own a legal copy of the game.

TF9001
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TF9001 »

Every time I open Spore through the launcher, it launches, but says something along the lines of not being able to find Spore. However, before I can do anything else, Spore launches anyways, but once it finishes loading, it says "Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher." Which I did. Help?

Edit: Just tried it again. This time, after Spore opened and forced me to close it, I selected my version, and then there were two error messages. The first said that I need Spore GA (which I have) and Spore patch 5.1. The second said that Spore couldn't be executed and that only a part of a read/write process was finished. I'm not sure if I have patch 5.1 (I have the Steam version), so I'm going to try to install it and see if that fixes it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TF9001 wrote:Every time I open Spore through the launcher, it launches, but says something along the lines of not being able to find Spore. However, before I can do anything else, Spore launches anyways, but once it finishes loading, it says "Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher." Which I did. Help?
Press ALT+ENTER to switch to Windowed mode if you're not already playing in Windowed mode, then address that message from the ModAPI Launcher. After that, close the game and run the ModAPI Launcher again. Let me know if that helps.

TF9001
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TF9001 »

rob55rod wrote:
TF9001 wrote:Every time I open Spore through the launcher, it launches, but says something along the lines of not being able to find Spore. However, before I can do anything else, Spore launches anyways, but once it finishes loading, it says "Please close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher." Which I did. Help?
Press ALT+ENTER to switch to Windowed mode if you're not already playing in Windowed mode, then address that message from the ModAPI Launcher. After that, close the game and run the ModAPI Launcher again. Let me know if that helps.
I tried running it again to do that, but then it worked. It might have been because I accidentally launched it straight from Steam before closing it and launching the ModAPI launcher, but I don't know. Thanks, though.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TF9001 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I tried running it again to do that, but then it worked. It might have been because I accidentally launched it straight from Steam before closing it and launching the ModAPI launcher, but I don't know. Thanks, though.
...oookay then. I...probably shouldn't be surprised by that tbh, given recent events.

In any case, my suggestion remains in case the issue returns in the future. Sorry for the trouble ._.

drawings101
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by drawings101 »

I have been trying to get Dark Injections on my Spore, and there's no problem.. besides that it makes my spore literally not load at all. Not sure if I'm being impatient, or just that my Spore is the unlucky duck of the century. My Spore version is steam, I did the whole set up stuff, it didn't show any errors, but when it launches (to the creature editor), it just stays a black screen with no volume or anything! It's kinda like a black void. Kinda makes me discouraged, but I'll keep trying. Have any ideas on what the problem might be, if it's a problem at all?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

drawings101 wrote:I have been trying to get Dark Injections on my Spore, and there's no problem.. besides that it makes my spore literally not load at all. Not sure if I'm being impatient, or just that my Spore is the unlucky duck of the century. My Spore version is steam, I did the whole set up stuff, it didn't show any errors, but when it launches (to the creature editor), it just stays a black screen with no volume or anything! It's kinda like a black void. Kinda makes me discouraged, but I'll keep trying. Have any ideas on what the problem might be, if it's a problem at all?
Tbh...that sounds like a variation on another problem I've come across. I can't say for sure, but if my suspicions are correct, then the issue has likely already been fixed for the next Public Beta, a bugfix release which shouldn't take too much longer to prepare.

drawings101
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by drawings101 »

Oh. :D That's nice to know!
4thmouth
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 4thmouth »

Screenshot of error I get whenever I try to run the game with Dark Injection Beta 2.3.0.
Screenshot of error I get whenever I try to run the game with Dark Injection Beta 2.3.0.
Whenever I try to run the game via the API's launcher after just installing Dark Injection Beta 2.3.0, it still claims to that I need to run it via the API and forces me to quit and I get this error message. Any attempt to run the game afterwards will just result in a black screen followed by the game exiting by itself. I uninstalled the mod, tried installing and playing with Beta 2.1.6 instead and it works fine for some reason.

If it helps, I am running the game on my Windows 10 PC.
DragonKing
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DragonKing »

Hi, I installed this SporeModAPI and it gave me the following:
error report.png
I have the steam version of spore, along with Creepy and Cute and Galactic Adventures, and it's set to automatically update to the newest version. Can someone help us figure out what's wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

4thmouth wrote:-errorscreenshotsnip-
Whenever I try to run the game via the API's launcher after just installing Dark Injection Beta 2.3.0, it still claims to that I need to run it via the API and forces me to quit and I get this error message. Any attempt to run the game afterwards will just result in a black screen followed by the game exiting by itself. I uninstalled the mod, tried installing and playing with Beta 2.1.6 instead and it works fine for some reason.

DragonKing wrote:Hi, I installed this SporeModAPI and it gave me the following: -errorscreenshotsnip-
I have the steam version of spore, along with Creepy and Cute and Galactic Adventures, and it's set to automatically update to the newest version. Can someone help us figure out what's wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks!
Hi, sorry for all the trouble, to both of you. I'm not sure if you were aware, but it seems that issues like the ones you've both encountered have been running rampant - and up until fairly recently, widely un-diagnosed - and I've yet to figure out exactly why. Fortunately, Emd and I have recently devised a hypothesis as to why this problem keeps coming up, and how to resolve it.

The reason I'm informing you of this is simple: I need help testing this hypothesis. The more the merrier, at that. As such, I'd like to ask if you two would be willing to help me? In return, well...if it works, you'll get a proper fix ahead of the crowd, and if not, I'll help you get your game back to a working state, if needed. I'm sorry to have to ask this of you out of the blue, but I'm a bit desperate at the moment, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If it's any reassurance, I have reason to believe that there's a good chance that this solution will work (even if it might take a couple of tries to implement correctly), and unlike the fixes I've previously been handing out, if this one DOES work, I can simply distribute it to everyone as an update to the ModAPI Launcher Kit, rather than having to craft individual configurations for each user who encounters such a problem.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this...if either of you are willing to help out in this way, I suspect that it would be easiest to walk you through the process of applying the attempted fix on The Spore Modding Community Discord Server, if you're willing (ping me in the #modding-support channel when you arrive, mentioning this experiment in some manner, and I'll get back to you ASAP). If not, I can be flexible. Just say so.

4thmouth
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 4thmouth »

rob55rod wrote:
4thmouth wrote:-errorscreenshotsnip-

DragonKing wrote:Hi, I installed this SporeModAPI and it gave me the following: -errorscreenshotsnip-
Thanks!
Hi, sorry for all the trouble, to both of you. I'm not sure if you were aware, but it seems that issues like the ones you've both encountered have been running rampant - and up until fairly recently, widely un-diagnosed - and I've yet to figure out exactly why. Fortunately, Emd and I have recently devised a hypothesis as to why this problem keeps coming up, and how to resolve it.

The reason I'm informing you of this is simple: I need help testing this hypothesis. The more the merrier, at that. As such, I'd like to ask if you two would be willing to help me? In return, well...if it works, you'll get a proper fix ahead of the crowd, and if not, I'll help you get your game back to a working state, if needed. I'm sorry to have to ask this of you out of the blue, but I'm a bit desperate at the moment, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If it's any reassurance, I have reason to believe that there's a good chance that this solution will work (even if it might take a couple of tries to implement correctly), and unlike the fixes I've previously been handing out, if this one DOES work, I can simply distribute it to everyone as an update to the ModAPI Launcher Kit, rather than having to craft individual configurations for each user who encounters such a problem.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this...if either of you are willing to help out in this way, I suspect that it would be easiest to walk you through the process of applying the attempted fix on The Spore Modding Community Discord Server, if you're willing (ping me in the #modding-support channel when you arrive, mentioning this experiment in some manner, and I'll get back to you ASAP). If not, I can be flexible. Just say so.
Sorry for the extremely late reply. I think I can actually try to help out right now. My Discord username is Bros and Pals.
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 300 »

-
Last edited by 300 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”