Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

strangerthings80 wrote:Is there any other way because I did the manual installation
...why?

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

Unread post by strangerthings80 »

rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:Is there any other way because I did the manual installation
...why?
Well I didn't know what the configurator was so I looked it up and found this thread that said I needed to use the Spore ModAPI to use the configurator:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spore/comments ... njections/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
...why?
Well I didn't know what the configurator was so I looked it up and found this thread that said I needed to use the Spore ModAPI to use the configurator:

...I was asking why you installed DI manually, but okay, I guess...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ...why?

Spore ModAPI wasnt working so I got it manually instead.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:

Well in case you missed my past warnings, installing DI manually isn't going to be an option for much longer, so you might want to elaborate on what exactly the issue with the ModAPI method was, so we can resolve it, so you can be not stuck with 2.1.6 for all eternity.

strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ...I was asking why you installed DI manually, but okay, I guess...
Well in case you missed my past warnings, installing DI manually isn't going to be an option for much longer, so you might want to elaborate on what exactly the issue with the ModAPI method was, so we can resolve it, so you can be not stuck with 2.1.6 for all eternity.
Ok Thank You
strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:Hey I like the DI parts in the creature creator but is there a way to stop them from being parts you can find in bones and stuff in the normal spore game mode?
Yes, just use the DI Configurator to disable the categories you don't want to be able to unlock ingame.
Thank You I got Spore ModAPI working and have the configurator, which option is it to disable it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:Hey I like the DI parts in the creature creator but is there a way to stop them from being parts you can find in bones and stuff in the normal spore game mode?
Yes, just use the DI Configurator to disable the categories you don't want to be able to unlock ingame.
Thank You I got Spore ModAPI working and have the configurator, which option is it to disable it?
Just uncheck them and click "Apply".

strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Yes, just use the DI Configurator to disable the categories you don't want to be able to unlock ingame.
I know how to apply and disable them I meant which one do I disable?
UniverseKeeper2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by UniverseKeeper2 »

Nothing? :/ I understand if it's a weird glitch that has no fix at the moment but no reply?
"I'm just trying to enjoy Spore"
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

UniverseKeeper2 wrote:Nothing? :/ I understand if it's a weird glitch that has no fix at the moment but no reply?
I think it's more the timing of your last post caused it to be missed. I had to search back in the thread to find what you asked.

What mods do you have installed? the only time I've had that issue is when I some parts mod installed that caused the crash. removing the mod with the issue solved the problem. unfortunately there's no easy way to find out without just removing things until you find what's causing the crash.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Snaid1 wrote:
UniverseKeeper2 wrote:Nothing? :/ I understand if it's a weird glitch that has no fix at the moment but no reply?
I think it's more the timing of your last post caused it to be missed. I had to search back in the thread to find what you asked.

What mods do you have installed? the only time I've had that issue is when I some parts mod installed that caused the crash. removing the mod with the issue solved the problem. unfortunately there's no easy way to find out without just removing things until you find what's causing the crash.
Actually I did see the post, but didn't reply here because I'd already replied to the actual bug report: viewtopic.php?f=174&p=32154#p32154

strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:
Hello?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

strangerthings80 wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Just uncheck them and click "Apply".
Hello?
My apologies, I didn't see that message due to the previous...thing.

Anywaves, it's just each of the Category components. Disabling one will prevent it from being displayed ingame, and if the parts in it can be unlocked in Creature Stage at all, this will prevent that from happening as well.

strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:
Hello?
My apologies, I didn't see that message due to the previous...thing.

Anywaves, it's just each of the Category components. Disabling one will prevent it from being displayed ingame, and if the parts in it can be unlocked in Creature Stage at all, this will prevent that from happening as well.
Ok so I should disable dark injection and then just get it back after? and if I do correct me if I'm wrong but my creatures would still have the modded stuff on them when I put dark injection back in right?
Brightski
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Brightski »

Turns out my previous rant about "abilities" was fine, they work. But I do have another bug. (Just say no if it's intentional because op but..)

When i put captain parts on just a creature, (not a captain) it doesn't let me use it in the creature stage. In fact, it removes the attack overall, even if i have the default attack underneath it. Say if i had bite but then i put on toxic crystal, when i play with that creature, it just removes the attack overall, making my creature harmless. Literally harmless.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Brightski wrote:Turns out my previous rant about "abilities" was fine, they work. But I do have another bug. (Just say no if it's intentional because op but..)

When i put captain parts on just a creature, (not a captain) it doesn't let me use it in the creature stage. In fact, it removes the attack overall, even if i have the default attack underneath it. Say if i had bite but then i put on toxic crystal, when i play with that creature, it just removes the attack overall, making my creature harmless. Literally harmless.
Yeah, that's a bug alright.

Brightski
Cell
Cell

So, is there a way to fix it or is it intentional?

Maybe you could try this too and see if only i'm having this issue. All i know is it wasn't happening before i reinstalled DI.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Brightski wrote:So, is there a way to fix it or is it intentional?
No and no
Brightski wrote:Maybe you could try this too and see if only i'm having this issue.
You're not. That has already been established.
Brightski wrote:All i know is it wasn't happening before i reinstalled DI.
...well you weren't using captain abilities in Creature stage before then, either.

Brightski
Cell
Cell

OK then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”