Cell stage UI is shifted/in pieces?

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
Sigur
Creature
Creature

Cell stage UI is shifted/in pieces?

Unread post by Sigur »

The entire UI of the entire Cell Stage (health bars, call mate button, progress bar, EVERYTHING) is completely wrecked. I'll have to screenshot it when I get home (I'm having a bit of leisure time at school right now, just long enough to post something) and while it isn't hindering my ability to COMPLETE cell stage, it is driving the OCD side of my brain up the wall. I'd have gotten to this report earlier, except I usually just "evoadvantage" and start out in Creature stage with my favorite creations.

I used to make dragons, but now I make just about everything. Huge thanks to rob55rod and CamBen for their hard work on their part mods, which make my pastime a lot more interesting.
Sigur
Creature
Creature

Re: Cell stage UI is shifted/in pieces?

Unread post by Sigur »

Got the image. What do you make of this? I don't know what could possibly be wrong here...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I used to make dragons, but now I make just about everything. Huge thanks to rob55rod and CamBen for their hard work on their part mods, which make my pastime a lot more interesting.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

That...looks like the Dark Genetics bug you and I discussed a while ago :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

EVERYTHING is glitching up lately, honestly. My favorite centaur creature suddenly had its mouth turn into a square and it might have something to do with me removing the Dark Genetics package because I think the mouth was one of the voiceless ones.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote:EVERYTHING is glitching up lately, honestly.
Doesn't mean it's automatically all DI's fault...not saying nothing is, but I know Dark Genetics is the cause of that Cell Stage UI issue...
Sigurvegari wrote:My favorite centaur creature suddenly had its mouth turn into a square and it might have something to do with me removing the Dark Genetics package because I think the mouth was one of the voiceless ones.
Yeah that'd do it.

In any case, DI will (eventually .-. ) cover the Cell Stage's UI, so that won't be an issue forever :lol:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

You're the best, rob. Making an awesome mod, doing awesome things, being an awesome tolerant person.

I gotta actually re-download Dark Genetics, though, I deleted it but I need it to recover all the creatures I messed up by deleting it...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote:You're the best, rob. Making an awesome mod, doing awesome things, being an awesome tolerant person.
Aw, thanks :3
Sigurvegari wrote:I gotta actually re-download Dark Genetics, though, I deleted it but I need it to recover all the creatures I messed up by deleting it...
...yeah this is why I usually just store my uninstalled mods in my "Origin Games" folder in case I need them later...that's why we still have DarksporeTemplate v2 floating around, actually.

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

Wait, if the UI is doing that WITHOUT Dark Genetics installed, maybe it WON'T do it once I DO install it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote: Wait, if the UI is doing that WITHOUT Dark Genetics installed, maybe it WON'T do it once I DO install it?
No...uh, let me explain the issue. So in every version of Spore and GA prior to Patch 5, the Cell Stage's SPUI uses an atlas image laid out like this:
But in Patch 5, for seemingly no reason at all, the SPUI was updated to use a completely different image, laid out like this:
And both images use the same file name. The problem occurs because, again for seemingly no reason at all, Dark Genetics replaces the new image with the old one, but doesn't replace the SPUI, meaning that the new SPUI is now using the old image. But the SPUI is in charge of the UV coordinates, so it takes pieces of UI from the same places of the image as it otherwise would...except now the image doesn't line up with that anymore, creating this strange problem you've encountered. So uninstalling Dark Genetics would correct the issue, unless another mod you have installed has the same problem, but reinstalling Dark Genetics would cause the problem to reappear either way.

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

R.I.P. every creature I made using Dark Genetics. I liked that soundless mouths feature. It's fun to put a bird beak on something and give it the carnivore voice.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote: R.I.P. every creature I made using Dark Genetics. I liked that soundless mouths feature. It's fun to put a bird beak on something and give it the carnivore voice.
No need, just install this mod I just threw together a mod that does nothing but re-add the correct texture.

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

BREAKING NEWS: MEGA WORKS NOW
THIS IS NOT A DRILL NOR IS IT SARCASM
HALLELUJAH NO MORE MIRRORS
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote: BREAKING NEWS: MEGA WORKS NOW
THIS IS NOT A DRILL NOR IS IT SARCASM
HALLELUJAH NO MORE MIRRORS
...good thing too, I completely forgot about that (former) problem .-.

EDIT: But does the mod work? :lol:

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

Don't know, I'm at school. XD
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote: Don't know, I'm at school. XD
...right... well uh, it'd be nice to hear if it works when you do have a chance to try it ._.

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

You'll get your answer in approximately 8 hours. School is a long, long process...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote: You'll get your answer in approximately 8 hours. School is a long, long process...
I can wait ._.

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

Aaaand much later than anticipated, I get the chance to test the hotfix and it works! Much thanks.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote: Aaaand much later than anticipated, I get the chance to test the hotfix and it works! Much thanks.
^-^

CradilySlime
Creature
Creature

Unread post by CradilySlime »

Umm i Beat Cell Stage
Image i have :ccp:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”