Empty Galaxy mod?

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Raella69
Cell
Cell

Empty Galaxy mod?

Unread post by Raella69 »

Aside from my species, the animals from my homeworld, and the Grox, I want there to be nothing but plant life in the galaxy. I do not wish to find other empires to encounter, or for there to be other life on the creature stage that can eventually get to the tribal stage, and then the civ stage and then they are a space empire. And it isn't that I want that mechanic removed, I just want to be responsible for creating all life in the galaxy... :spore:

It is important to me that Gaia or Super Earth worlds still spawn, but with no animals. This way, they are templates that I can fill with life. Is this, along with the removal of every other empire except the Grox possible?

Also, lastly are there any mods that reduce the size of the huge trees in the game so you don't see them in space and they don't touch the clouds usually? Maybe also remove the shitty eye trees and reuse another tree instead? I just think they, along with the trees being too tall look terrible.
Last edited by Raella69 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Empty Galaxy mod?

Unread post by Shattered »

It sounds like some of these things are possible.

For example, Removing the eyeball tree (I hate those weird things too), There's a nifty way for going into game packages and removing that specific creation... If done incorrectly though, the game will crash on startup..
Thanks for killing me
Raella69
Cell
Cell

Re: Empty Galaxy mod?

Unread post by Raella69 »

I knew I should have made the tree thing a separate post, but I didn't want to spam... Unfortunately the tree thing is not high on my priority list, as I can just flood worlds that have the eye tree and then add better ones in later, and essentially try to make them extinct. Reducing the size by 40-50% on all large trees would be nice though, so I can't see them from across the ocean on the stages or see them from space.

That being said, I am a lot more interested in the first part of having an empty or "sterile" galaxy. And I feel like, even if it hasn't been done yet it should be able to be done. I knew of mods back in 2010ish that dramatically reduced the chances of encountering good planets with life and alien empires as a result. If that mod made it very minimal, I imagine one can also make it zero.

viewtopic.php?t=4729

Here is a thread where someone else asked the same thing three years ago, but everyone systematically avoided responding to #3. Did not find an answer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”