Ideas for a better game

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
theoharald
Cell
Cell

Ideas for a better game

Unread post by theoharald »

(If any moder sees this)
Jumping is a bit slow just like on the moon. Is it possible to make jumping (and moving) faster - like twice the speed for all the animations?
It'd be cool to
-remove the cooldown on attacks
-add ladders to the game (not necessary with a climbing animation); also, add cameras, which the player can place on his creation while in building mode and switch to the said camera using a key on the keyboard (such as in Besiege, if this helps)
-be able to keymap
-be able to play as a vehicle (1)
-be able to switch characters while playing via an ability (kind of like mind controlling another placed character (such as in Charlotte, if this helps) (2)
-be able to attack with the weapons from handheld objects, without throwing them
-have flat maps
-be able to paint creatures just like houses and vehicles (one part at a time)

Having (1) and (2) combined, that'd make driving vehicles possible, though 1 seems kind of impossible to accomplish. Maybe I have too low moding knowledge but I don't see how that's possible

Still, I wrote more ideas hoping that at least one of them is possible:)

Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: Ideas for a better game

Unread post by Darhagonable »

theoharald wrote:(If any moder sees this)
I don't think I can really call myself a modder but I have some experience in the topic :)
theoharald wrote: -snip-
interesting ideas...
theoharald wrote: -Jumping is a bit slow just like on the moon. Is it possible to make jumping (and moving) faster - like twice the speed for all the animations?
I think this is possible :)
theoharald wrote: -remove the cooldown on attacks
I think this is possible :)
theoharald wrote: -add ladders to the game (not necessary with a climbing animation)
I dunno... tho if I did make a mod like that I would probably use it to climb in trees :lol:
theoharald wrote: -add cameras, which the player can place on his creation while in building mode and switch to the said camera using a key on the keyboard (such as in Besiege, if this helps)
you mean the creature editor? it would be cool but I don't think it is possible. :/
theoharald wrote: -be able to keymap
I don't think it is possible. :/
theoharald wrote: -be able to play as a vehicle
I don't think it is possible. :/
theoharald wrote: -be able to switch characters while playing via an ability (kind of like mind controlling another placed character (such as in Charlotte, if this helps)
it would be cool but I don't think it is possible. :/
theoharald wrote: -be able to attack with the weapons from handheld objects, without throwing them
in which stage? which weponds?
theoharald wrote: -have flat maps
I dunno
theoharald wrote: -be able to paint creatures just like houses and vehicles (one part at a time)
many have requested that and as far as I know it is not possible.. tho I don't know if sporemodder will make it possible
Last edited by Darhagonable on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
sporein123
Creature
Creature

Unread post by sporein123 »

i made the mod although i am giving the credit to theoharald as he came up with it

thanks for the great Idea theoharald
Attachments
No cooldown.package
this takes the cooldown off of attacks as requested
(38.93 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
MPD- Mod Processing Detail!!! :spore:
theoharald
Cell
Cell

You don't need to give me credit. You did all the work:DDD
Can't wait to try it out!
sporein123
Creature
Creature

If something does not work let me know and I will fix it well I will try.
theoharald
Cell
Cell

Well, the mod itself doesn't work for me. How about you? Does it work?
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

Imma try this out when I get home. Hopefully it works.
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
sporein123
Creature
Creature

yes some things i could not take the cooldown off of so like bite it did not have the option to take the cooldown off but raging roar it did do you have it in the right directory this is the where mine is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data i don't know if your using the steam version or not but it seems to work for me.
theoharald
Cell
Cell

Which abilities did you remove the cooldown from?
Tapdroid
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Tapdroid »

has anyone ever made a mod that gives Creatures or Parts both sneak and Sprint abilities?

How can we we give all feet parts or simple every Creature ever made both sneak and Sprint abilities by default?
Download Canimate.
an add-on for Spore Creature Creator that allows you to export custom animations for your next game or project. at http://TapDroid.com (Note: intended for Creature Creator Free Edition. Weird things to happen with paid full version.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Tapdroid wrote:has anyone ever made a mod that gives Creatures or Parts both sneak and Sprint abilities?
Not yet :3
Tapdroid wrote:How can we we give all feet parts or simple every Creature ever made both sneak and Sprint abilities by default?
By adding these 2 properties:

Code: Select all

<int32 name="modelCapabilityStealth">5</int32>
<int32 name="modelCapabilitySprint">5</int32>
to creatureeditortemplates!creaturefoottemplate.prop.xml (for all feet) or creatureeditortemplates!creaturefoottemplate.prop.xml!creaturerigblocktemplate.prop.xml (for every part ever). Does that answer your question?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Tapdroid
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Tapdroid »

Excellent,. Thanx...
Download Canimate.
an add-on for Spore Creature Creator that allows you to export custom animations for your next game or project. at http://TapDroid.com (Note: intended for Creature Creator Free Edition. Weird things to happen with paid full version.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”