Spore Resurrection: Next Steps

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
morfos
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore Resurrection: Next Steps

Unread post by morfos »

:C

This is my nice pet Hydri the hydralisk <3 :

http://www.oocities.org/tokyo/fuji/8037 ... f/zerg.jpg
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

morfos wrote::C
*sigh*
Use EALayer v0.6.3 for sounds.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
morfos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by morfos »

and for textures?

i promess give my best ;D

morfos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by morfos »

nope , i can't get it , no longer xist on internet :/

Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Morfos

I dunno how to do everything but I think I could help you with the texture part... you can pm me instead to keep the forum clean.

also you can check if you can find some usefull information at my "Modding help": viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5467
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

morfos wrote:nope , i can't get it , no longer xist on internet :/
Right...

...I'll upload my EALayer install momentarily.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

May I ask what's the aim of Spore Resurrection mod? Is it making Spore more realistic? Or just adding stuff that people want?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zymoox wrote:May I ask what's the aim of Spore Resurrection mod? Is it making Spore more realistic? Or just adding stuff that people want?
Spore Resurrection aimed to make Spore better. Problem is, it didn't, it pretty much just made it worse. So it died.

Spore Resurrection: NEXT STEPS (get the name right next time) aims to do the same thing, except now we're learning from our predecessors' mistakes, we're listening to outside ideas, and we have the power to make those ideas happen like never before (COUGHSporeModderCOUGH) ^-^

morfos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by morfos »

one question

someone is working in this?:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/ ... Sapien.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/306 ... c7bf_o.jpg

i will doed if you as the modder you are teach me the basic :c

zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

rob55rod wrote:
zymoox wrote:May I ask what's the aim of Spore Resurrection mod? Is it making Spore more realistic? Or just adding stuff that people want?
Spore Resurrection aimed to make Spore better. Problem is, it didn't, it pretty much just made it worse. So it died.

Spore Resurrection: NEXT STEPS (get the name right next time) aims to do the same thing, except now we're learning from our predecessors' mistakes, we're listening to outside ideas, and we have the power to make those ideas happen like never before (COUGHSporeModderCOUGH) ^-^
Thanks for the information. I'll remember the actual name of the mod from now on.
Firstly, I would like to help with the development of this mod. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of modding, but I might be able to help with ideas, drawings or Spore creations, and by translating anything to spanish.
Also, I'm actually making a draft with possible ideas with my own definition of "better Spore".
Thanks again for the response.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zymoox wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Thanks for the information. I'll remember the actual name of the mod from now on.
Firstly, I would like to help with the development of this mod. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of modding, but I might be able to help with ideas, drawings or Spore creations, and by translating anything to spanish.
Also, I'm actually making a draft with possible ideas with my own definition of "better Spore".
Actually, Ideas, concept art, creators, and Spanish translations are pretty much the only things we don't need .-.

zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

rob55rod wrote:
zymoox wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Spore Resurrection aimed to make Spore better. Problem is, it didn't, it pretty much just made it worse. So it died.

Actually, Ideas, concept art, creators, and Spanish translations are pretty much the only things we don't need .-.
Then I am not needed at all, and I can not even help on anything, so I'll just leave.
However, the first post with the actual status of the mod should be modified to fit what you said. If you don't need ideas, then I must conclude that you know exactly what the mod will include, but in the descrption I can only see "???" in the features of cell, creature, tribe and civ stage.
And also, the part where it says "There are a lot of ways to contribute [...] Modellers and artists need inspiration, which can be donein any way you like [...] Drawings, spore creati ons.." Should be removed.
That's all. Have a nice day.

Edit: I think there has been a misunderstanding. I'm not completely useless. When I said "drawing" I meant "making textures in photoshop", not just the DevianArt thing. So, do you need 'texturizers'?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

All type of help is needed, regardless of how many concept arts or ideas we already have. So if you have ideas or concept arts, we'd be glad to see them ;)
The problem is that we don't really have any modellers nor texturers that realize those concept arts and ideas, but that doesn't mean we can't receive more.

And yes, we need texturers, so I hope you can help us :3. Actually, you can either texture models or create single textures for decals or buildin/vehicle paints (which we hope to add in a future update).
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zymoox wrote:-snip-
Ugh...sorry. For some reason I thought you meant creature part ideas specifically, which I, personally, feel we're drowning in, but I didn't know if the rest of the team felt the same way at the time of saying that. Evidently not. Sorry about that ._.
zymoox wrote:When I said "drawing" I meant "making textures in photoshop", not just the DevianArt thing. So, do you need 'texturizers'?
Yeah, that's definitely something we need :U

Nuclear Crazed
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Nuclear Crazed »

rob55rod wrote:
Ugh...sorry. For some reason I thought you meant creature part ideas specifically, which I, personally, feel we're drowning in, but I didn't know if the rest of the team felt the same way at the time of saying that. Evidently not. Sorry about that ._.
zymoox wrote:When I said "drawing" I meant "making textures in photoshop", not just the DevianArt thing. So, do you need 'texturizers'?
Can we Please Ignore the Child and Just Continue Modding?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

morfos wrote:one question

someone is working in this?:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/ ... Sapien.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/306 ... c7bf_o.jpg

i will doed if you as the modder you are teach me the basic :c
Those are interesting part concepts which we'd like to do (I had never seen the second one, btw :O), but sadly we aren't good modellers or we don't have time to make those models.
If you want to do it, you'll have to learn to use a modelling program (ZBrush, Sculptris, Blender, 3ds Max, whatever). I can't help you in it because, as I have already said, I'm not a good modeller, but there are lots of tutorials out there ;)
Nuclear Crazed wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Can we Please Ignore the Child and Just Continue Modding?
Ignore who? There's no need to ignore anyone, and even less if he/she's trying to help. And what makes you think we have stopped modding?
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
morfos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by morfos »

ok , but at least tell me the instructions about how thit you create your parts for the mod :C maybe i can create a part
but put them into spore , animate them for spore , and giving them pecifical things , isn't easy

zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:All type of help is needed, regardless of how many concept arts or ideas we already have. So if you have ideas or concept arts, we'd be glad to see them ;)
The problem is that we don't really have any modellers nor texturers that realize those concept arts and ideas, but that doesn't mean we can't receive more. And yes, we need texturers, so I hope you can help us :3. Actually, you can either texture models or create single textures for decals or buildin/vehicle paints (which we hope to add in a future update).
Hi. I can't wait to help you. I already have in mind a couple of textures for cells, backgrounds, buildings, huts, vehicles, etc. I'll start working on them when my computer is available (in a couple of days).

rob55rod wrote:
You don't have to apologise. I've never felt insulted. Actually, there are no creature parts among my ideas.
Now, lets get back to the main topic: the mod.

You know when you place a new part on any creature in the editor, this creature makes an animation in which he is happy/sad or just moves? Did you notice that it freezes the editor during the animation (which is lasts for a couple of seconds) and the mouse disappears? I thought it would be a good idea to remove such animation. Apart from being useless, it's annoying.
zymoox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by zymoox »

morfos wrote:ok , but at least tell me the instructions about how thit you create your parts for the mod :C maybe i can create a part
but put them into spore , animate them for spore , and giving them pecifical things , isn't easy
If you make the parts, I'll make their textures, if you don't mind.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zymoox wrote:You know when you place a new part on any creature in the editor, this creature makes an animation in which he is happy/sad or just moves? Did you notice that it freezes the editor during the animation (which is lasts for a couple of seconds) and the mouse disappears? I thought it would be a good idea to remove such animation. Apart from being useless, it's annoying.
Actually, I already added that to Dark Injection 9.r :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”